Currys Cash for Goals!

Tookie75

Standard Member
Reaction score
I signed up for the Cash for Goals promotion having bought the LG LM620T from currys last weekend and upon completetion of the registration form it said something about recieving an email from currys.

I havnt recieved any such email yet, and just wondered if anybody else had?

Also any news as to when the dual play glasses will be out and how much?

I signed up for the Cash for Goals promotion having bought the LG LM620T from currys last weekend and upon completetion of the registration form it said something about recieving an email from currys.

I havnt recieved any such email yet, and just wondered if anybody else had?

Hi,

I regestered for cash for goals on 27 April, the day I bought my TV and never got an email either. This promotion I've learned is handled by an outside agency so customer services are useless as they know nothing about it so I emailed DSG Retail and got the response below, Harass them because without the email; and if England do manage to score, you can't claim.

Dear Mike ***,

Thank you for your email dated 10th May 2012 and I apologise for the delay inmy response.

In view of your comments during our telephone conversation this afternoon, Ihave taken this opportunity to pass details of your complaint to our HeadOffice to investigate with our agency responsible for our Cash for Goalspromotion. Action will be taken to pursue this matter internally toensure that other customers are not disappointed in the same way. Ihave opened a case reference number CC***** for the purpose of myinvestigation and I will call you again on Tuesday 15th May 2012 with aresolution.

In closing may I thank you for taking the time to write tous. Whilst it is always disappointing to hear from a dissatisfiedcustomer, it is only by receiving correspondence such as yours that we caneffectively address ourselves to customer care issues and improve our level ofservice. Please be assured your experience on this occasion does notreflect our usual standards and I apologise for the inconvenience or distressthis have caused.

Kind regards,

Ive been waiting for 2 weeks for a email and still havent recieved anything Phoned customer services Twice and still nothing.
I have just contacted DSG Retail as Mike 123 has done . I will wait and see what the outcome is .. So far i think its a joke .

Anthony

Ive been waiting for 2 weeks for a email and still havent recieved anything Phoned customer services Twice and still nothing.
I have just contacted DSG Retail as Mike 123 has done . I will wait and see what the outcome is .. So far i think its a joke .

Anthony
Hi,

It's bad news about the emails but great news that there are several people with the same issue because they can't claim that we're all wrong. The guy who emailed me also called me and he seems genuine enough. I'll post back tomorrow after he calls me.

Hi, same problem here, i purchased a tv for £629 on 29/04/2012. I registered the next day and still havent received an email. In between this time i have phoned them 5 times and got no where, four of them told me they would ring me back and im still waiting. The last person i spoke to, did ring me back and said she is now looking into the problem and she would ring me back with an update tomorrow, but ive heard that before.
If she does i will post her reply

Sounds like another epic fail from Currys, who are rubbish at the very best of times.

I'm glad I didn't fall for this 'too good to be true' promotion. Hope it all works out though guys.

Whats number are you guys calling? Ill have to give them a ring, its all starting to sound like one big con. :mad:

Hi guys,
the number i was ringing is 08445610000 but be warned this number isnt free. The first 4 times i rang them it cost me over £5 and i got nowhere, they just leave you on hold while its costing you money and then tell you someone will phone you back, but noone rang me back. Surprise Surprise
I bought my tv instore at the Mansfield Megastore and found a direct number to them which is 01623675508. I found this number on the website saynoto0870.

Hi,

I just got my response from DSG retail and this promotion is a cock up of biblical proportion. The guy who phoned me said that he couldn't resolve the problem of the email as he's not getting any response from the agency running the promotion. However, he had been instructed by his boss to 'sort it out'. He has confirmed that despite not having the original email confirming that I'm part of this promotion DSG retail will give me 'As as gesture of goodwill' the same amount of money I would have received as a result of the promotion.

While I'm not particularly happy with that I think that's where I am and have little choice other than to accept this. If you want a name then this guy does seem very genuine

Sherif Salah

Send an email to [email protected]

Mark the email for his attention only in the title.

Wow, just... WOW.

I'm glad you got somewhere Mike but oh my god, what a total mess. This is why I actively avoid the idiots at Currys who consistently try to rip off customers with bad promotions, fake "special offers" (selling an item at retail vs the original inflated price they came up with) and staff who are about as knowledgeable as a new born.

I can now look past this cash for goals promotion because as I predicted, it's another massive failure.

Hi,
I was promised a phone call today but i havent heard my phone ring. HA HA
Just think, if its this hard to get a confirmation email, how hard is it going to be to claim your money?

Hi Mike123,
How will you claim your prize without the email?

Hi,

Hi Mike123,
How will you claim your prize without the email?

Hi,

I don't think for one moment that this saga is over and yes I may have some trouble getting my money but there is no doubt that i will in the end by this process:-

1. Ask for it
2. Ask again and if it still isn't forthcoming set a deadline.
3. When the deadline expires if it isn't forthcoming issue papers in the small claims court.

At that point most companies will give up and pay because they don't like the publicity and in this case they will lose because.

1. Every call has been logged
2. When the guy above made me this offer over the telephone I immediatly emailed him back confirming the details of what we agreed in that conversation and he has responded to that email confirming what we actually agreed.
3. They pay the costs.

I actualy don't give a F*** if it's £10 or £100, I will pursue the matter and will win. to paraphrase "Hell hath no fury like a cantankerous pensioner"

EDIT... I forgot to add that today he offered me a discount voucher giving me £100 off if I spent £250 in the store if I would go away. I told him to go away!!!

Last edited:
Did he actually use the words "if you go away"? if so then that's reason enough for this scheme to be deemed fraudulent and invalid.

I brought a tv on Sunday , just noticed your thread and checked my email. There it is in the bulk mail box, registration complete. There is a good chance that the other people who have had trouble and complained have helped put this right?? Hope all get sorted, all the best

Well i havent got any in my junk mail folder other than a hair loss treatment (might have to look into it anyway).. Back to topic i emailed DSG and have recieved a Email with a case ref no. basicly saying

My message will be read and responded to as soon as possible by our team of colleagues.

We shall see what happens but to be honest things dont look good..
Also please note i did not purchase the TV just because of the promotion , and by the way england play football i wasnt expecting anything anyway. But if they promote something they should stick by it.

As others had said i wish everyone the best and hopefully things will get sorted out , I will let you know if anyone contacts me

Anthony

Did he actually use the words "if you go away"? if so then that's reason enough for this scheme to be deemed fraudulent and invalid.

Hi,

No he didn't say that. Because he couldn't sort out the email issue he made me the voucher offer as an alternative.

Im still awaiting a phone call, so sit tight guys it could take a while. LOL

Well i got another email today saying

Dear Anthony,

Thank you for your email.

I can advise you that i have passed an email to the relevant department in order for
them to contact you to clarify if your application has been successful, please be advised that
they will be in contact with you via email in due course.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

Neelam Alam
The KNOWHOW™ Team

So now the waiting begins

Anthony

Hi guys,

I think i might be getting somewhere because after another phone call (the 6th call) and two more emails ive received this,

Dear Mr ******

Thank you for entering our Cash for Goals promotion. We would like to apologise for the inconvenience we have caused you during the registration process. Your purchase is eligible and you have now been registered for the promotion. You will shortly be receiving an email to your registered email address confirming entry and what you have to do to claim your money when the European Championships have finished. If you have not received the confirmation email within 5 days please let us know. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact our call centre on 0844 561 6372

We hope you enjoy your new TV / Laptop / Macbook that you have purchased and the European Championships. Come on England!

Yours faithfully,

Gemma Dodd

Marketing - Currys and PC World
Dixons Retail Plc

Still havent got the confirmation email but its a start.

Hi guys,

I think i might be getting somewhere because after another phone call (the 6th call) and two more emails ive received this,

Dear Mr ******

Thank you for entering our Cash for Goals promotion. We would like to apologise for the inconvenience we have caused you during the registration process. Your purchase is eligible and you have now been registered for the promotion. You will shortly be receiving an email to your registered email address confirming entry and what you have to do to claim your money when the European Championships have finished. If you have not received the confirmation email within 5 days please let us know. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact our call centre on 0844 561 6372

We hope you enjoy your new TV / Laptop / Macbook that you have purchased and the European Championships. Come on England!

Yours faithfully,

Gemma Dodd

Marketing - Currys and PC World
Dixons Retail Plc

Still havent got the confirmation email but its a start.

I have no idea whether they will be interested but I just sent all the details of my problems and a reference to this thread to BBC Watchdog. Now that would be nice if Watcdog was interested.

I noticed there weren't any good experiences of cash for goals on here.

My experience is that I registered my TV yesterday and received my confirmation email today :

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for entering the Currys and PC World Cash for Goals promotion

We're pleased to say that your registration has been successful and now you can sit back, relax and enjoy the football. Between Monday 2nd July and Sunday 29th July 2012, please click on the link below to claim your cash.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

All very smooth for me. Come on England !

Last edited:
Ive now recieved the email. :)

I went through my junkmail yesterday and it was there, it had come through a few days ago, its still took the best part of 2weeks to arrive though.

So maybe theres still hope for you guys yet, just keep an eye on your spam. Good luck.

I purchased a TV on Sunday for £1699, completed the registration the same day, and received and email yesterday stating I was unsuccessful due to not meeting the requirements.
Not impressed.

My application was fine, I signed up and got an email with a link to follow once the tournament is over to claim my cash back.

I purchased a TV on Sunday for £1699, completed the registration the same day, and received and email yesterday stating I was unsuccessful due to not meeting the requirements.
Not impressed.

I'd query that in the shop; so long as the tv cost more than £549 and you signed up within three days of purchase your registration should have been fine. I do see why they are being so tight with the deadlines, etc, but all the same if you qualify for the deal then they must honour it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom