Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Council decorating grant

Discussion in 'General Chat Forum' started by bekko, Dec 28, 2010.

1. bekko

bekko Active Member

Ratings:
    +403
    Hi i am about to move into a council property and i have been given a Council decorating grant by the council when i signed for it. The propperty has allready been decorated only a few weeks ago though and all seems ok with it. Have i been given them by mistake it seems pointless to give them to me for nothing lol £200+ they are for.
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
  2. Desmo

Desmo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,219
    And we wonder why the country is broke :D
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. bekko

bekko Active Member

Ratings:
    +403
    It makes you wonder if others get them this way when they don't need them lol.
  4. zebredy

zebredy Member

Ratings:
    +33
    I know one person in our area that got such a grant because she had moved out and had no job etc..

Granted if she had had a bad life and moving out was her only option, then ok she deserved it, but moving out because her sister (and mother) told her that if she did XYZ the council would pay for her to get a place and get a few things for it, is not right at all. They even told her if she had a kid she might get a bigger flat. WTH, at least she had the brains not to do that...

My husbands sister moved into a new place, which had been repainted all over in white emulsion, she wasn't given any money to re-do the place cause she has a steady income etc..

If the place is in a good enough condition why would the council waist money repainting the place, if it was s*** well thats a different matter, either way I can see people still being given money towards decoration.

I don't work for the council, this is just all from what I have seen, and people I know..
  5. Miyazaki

Miyazaki Active Member

Ratings:
    +861
    Buy some claret and blue paint mate. Redecorate the place in proper colours! :smashin:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. JagoUK

JagoUK Active Member

Ratings:
    +591
    i thought they stopped doing them ages ago.

anyway, while you might be happy with the place, the usual druggie single mother type like to bitch about anything, so the council give them these so they can pop to focus to get the stuff to decorate how they please

but we all know what they really do is go buy loads of crap then swap it for drugs :suicide: