1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting to the Panasonic Viera Cast Server

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Acegambler, Aug 14, 2010.

1. dspit1664

dspit1664 Member

Ratings:
    +57
    Lol :laugh:
  2. Cupcake

Cupcake Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For info ... we have our TV connected via ethernet and the Viera Connection has worked like a dream since we bought the set at the end of July. That is, until last Friday night when we tried to get the iplayer and saw the all the greyed out squares. Since then, its been hit + miss ... hit in the morning and mainly miss in the evening - though did manage to watch an hour from 7 - 8pm this evening. aware). Both our computers work via our ISP (Zen Internet). Happy to join forces if Panasonic do not resolve this problem pronto because like others, we specifically bought the DT30B because its a "smart" TV ... but obviously not so smart at the mo.
  3. dspit1664

dspit1664 Member

Ratings:
    +57
    Will try tomorrow morning just in case it's time related. Post result too
  4. dspit1664

dspit1664 Member

Ratings:
    +57
    Right for me I am happy
    Either they have resolved the issues with connect or it's very much a capacity issue as this morning at ~6.30am I switched me tv on pressed the connect button and what do you know Viera Connect connected and I saw all the apps I expected to.
    And after trying out a few of the apps they all seem to work fine

One little niggle perhaps user not know I switched my tv back on to get a few snaps to add on here and my connect screen seemed to flash. By that I mean on the initial screen I saw my apps but I also saw an intermittent flash to black screen. This continued for a while seemingly until the central pane / in the middle changed from old style no signal type inference sort of screen to black. Any seem this and know why?

Attached Files:

5. johnnyboy53

johnnyboy53 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Tried it this morning 7:20 just for 5 mins before going to work and it is working (not holding my breath) I tried BBCi and it appeared to function...

Was on the wireless connection.

I will check it in depth tonight and feedback then.
  6. ivorc1

ivorc1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Needaf1x. TV reception is coming through the bog standard aeriel. Router is connecting to the internet through BT Broadband.
  7. ivorc1

ivorc1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just tested again this morning and it all works like a dream-can get it to run iPlayer and can play prorgammes on it. Seems like the problem is solved. :)
  8. crackerboxpal

crackerboxpal Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Me thinks one spoke to soon maybe? Mine was fine first thing, turned off and re started and it's back to grey boxes for me anyway, I'm have a cast TV but have seen most? connect apps apart from BBC i player, which is a major shame.
  9. Cupcake

Cupcake Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Unfortunately, I did the same thing yesterday morning ... around 9.30am ... worked perfectly but come 9pm (peak time again), those little ole grey squares were back again. I've received the standard "don't admit anything" reply from Panasonic to the email I sent ... they admit only that "some" people have a connection problem and are looking into it.
  10. dspit1664

dspit1664 Member

Ratings:
    +57
    Not holding breath. Looking increasingly like we need to kick Panasonic's bee hind on this one and get them to comment and tell us when it's going to be fixed as I for one don't often watch iplayer at dumb o'clock but sensible hours like afternoons and when I get back from work etc... :/
  11. hunklebert

hunklebert Member

Ratings:
    +16
    I too was disappointed to get home from work last night to find that Viera Connect was only showing grey empty boxes!

I found Panasonics response to the problem buried on their website. No news of a fix as yet and it certainly sounds like a capacity issue.

The link might not work so here is the page content:

Updated - 10/01/2012

We are aware that in some cases the Viera Connect service is unavailable at certain times of the day. When trying to access the Viera Connect service, you receive the following message:-

" The server is temporally unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems, please try again later "

We have collated information and passed it to our Viera Connect support team who are investigating to resolve this matter as quickly as possible.

Up to date information in relation to this will be published on this FAQ. Please check back regularly to see the latest information.

Please accept our apologies for the problems with the Viera Connect service at this time.

We thank you for your patience as we deal with this matter.
    Update 10/01/2012 - Another symptom is only seeing grey boxes when accessing Viera Connect.
    Update 10/01/2012 - We have also had customers report that when accessed, some applications are not functioning correctly; we believe this may be related to the same problem.
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  12. dspit1664

dspit1664 Member

Ratings:
    +57
    Nice naht!!!

Many thanks for finding this for the rest of us.

Let's hope they fix it soon. Damn cloud based system lol
  13. johnnyboy53

johnnyboy53 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Update captain's log - star date

11/1/12 at 16:00

All still working...the big test will be later tonight !

:clap:
  14. Speeball

Speeball Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey, I bought a TX-L42E31B in December and I love the picture quality and the general appearance. I have it connected to my broadband via an ethernet cable but I just can't get online (communication to server error 005). I've trawled these forums but can't find a solution, can anyone help?

I also have a new Panasonic Blu-Ray Player which is also hooked up with an ethernet, I can get the online content this way but no BBC iPlayer appears to be available, should it? Is this the same thing I should get from the TV anyway?

Thanks,

Speeball :)
  15. Needaf1x

Needaf1x Member

Ratings:
    +0
    As we seem to have two threads going on this, I thought I should also report in this one...

Well I have just got in at 20:20 and checked the TV to find I have Viera Connect with content :clap:

The last 3 evenings the content has failed to load at this time of night. Anyone else got it at the moment?

I have been noticing a pop up banner that appears when I turn on the TV that says something like 'Press OK to connect to Viera Connect'. I would be surprised if this appears every time I turn on the TV - anyone else get it?

Fingers crossed!
  16. dspit1664

dspit1664 Member

Ratings:
    +57
    yes I see this every time.
  17. plasmafan

plasmafan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This seems quite widespread now, even my local Panasonic dealer is experiencing the grey box issues (as well as the long standing and familiar problems trying to connect / maintain connection. Quite obviously a server problem and now admitted on Panasonic's support site FAQs (type in "Viera Connect Server" as a question). Hopefully they will sort it out soon, as clearly it is rendering the internet connectivity function on all their TVs as Out Of Service.
  18. dspit1664

dspit1664 Member

Ratings:
    +57
    Well good news and one which will continue moving fwd.

Trued connect tonight ~10pm and all seemed well. Got apps, tried iplayer, Facebook (albeit I did not login just yet) and a few of the other apps music picassa etc all seemed to function ok. :clap:

One thing I want to point out is -
    Response times are a bit slow when in apps. Ok only a few secs for some but others seemed to not respond when i pressed the back button at all unless I moved the cursor over to another place on the app.

Generally happy it's accessible. Let's hope it lasts.

How about others?
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  19. johnnyboy53

johnnyboy53 Member

Ratings:
    +0

I think thats normal.
  20. johnnyboy53

johnnyboy53 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just came home - checked it out again - all still working at 10:30pm

in the Cardiff area.

Will post again tomorrow.

Thanks everyone,

:clap:
  21. Cupcake

Cupcake Member

Ratings:
    +0
    We're away from home at the moment until next Wednesday so won't know whether we'll be as happy as others until then. But seems promising from what I've just read.
  22. slydogjonah

slydogjonah Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You can disable this pop-up banner on our TV (TX-P42GT30B) at least via the following Menu:

Menu > Setup > Display Settings > Viera Connect Banner > Set to Off
  23. slydogjonah

slydogjonah Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Panasonic have updated the FAQ as they think they have resolved the problem. Based on reports on these forums it sounds like it was working fine last night (I wasn't at home to check). Lets hope that they have indeed fixed it properly.

24. dspit1664

dspit1664 Member

Ratings:
    +57
    Ah :smashin: I will try that this lunch time. :)

Actually just set and works thanks
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  25. johnnyboy53

johnnyboy53 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    5:05 pm Cardiff

All good - BBCi streaming OK -

No other issues right now.

:smashin:
  26. johnnyboy53

johnnyboy53 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Simon Coventry Simon.Coventry@eu.panasonic.com

11:54 (5 hours ago)

Dear Mr XXXXXXXXXXX

Thank you for your email concerningPanasonic Viera Connect. Your letter has been passed to the undersignedfor response on behalf of the Managing Director.
    We located and implemented a fixto the Viera Connect server on Wednesday 11/01/2012, which appears to haverectified the loss of service issue. We will continue to closely monitorthe situation, to reduce the chance of further problems.
    Please accept our apologies for the temporary loss of this service, andwe thank you for your patience whilst we investigated this issue.
    Yours Sincerely
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Executive Correspondent
    Customer Communications Centre
    Panasonic UK

Registered in England & Wales - BranchNo. BR015033, Registered Office: Panasonic House, Willoughby Road,Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 8FP, UK

PPS

All still working at my end.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2012
  27. Needaf1x

Needaf1x Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well it seems like all is fixed and I think out worst fears that this would drag on for weeks on end, but thankfully that hasn't happened.

If Panasonic are reading, then a big Thank You from me for sorting it out quickly :smashin:
  28. Scooby2000

Scooby2000 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,391
    Please dont include correspondence names with your post without their express permission.:)
  29. Ivybus

Ivybus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I have recently bought a Panasonic Smart TV and dongle. I have been trying to get the TV to connect to the Viera Connect Service without success - I get "connection to the server failed" and either 001, 007 or 008. I am on BT Broadband - which is working fine and have tested the set up both wired and wireless and with two routers - a Belkin and the BT Homehub. Using this and the other thread on this site I have adjusted and readjusted various settings without success.

I am moderately IT literate, but have now lost the plot - anybody got any other suggestions?
  30. Speeball

Speeball Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had this problem and solved it by 'rebooting' the TV, simply turn it off for 10 secs and back on again. Then go into settings and find software update, run the update and you should get everything working from there.