1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting to a Orange Livebox wireless router?

Discussion in 'Networking & NAS' started by steve 111, Sep 15, 2008.

1. steve 111

steve 111 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Just moved into a shared house that has an Orange Livebox wireless router that is security enabled. My other housemates say they needed a disc to enable their laptops to connect to it, but now can't find the said disc.

Anyone know whether its possible to do it without a disc?
  2. chilla

chilla Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i think you should be able to do it without the CD, as long as you know the network name (SSID) and the network key which is on a sticker under the livebox itself.

my mac picked up the network straight away and i set it up on my two housemates PC laptops by searching for wireless networks nearby and going through that process instead without the CD.

make sure you remeber to hold down the '1' key on the livebox before you press to connect as this will pair your device with the livebox.

hope this helps,
    tom
  3. steve 111

steve 111 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for this. Have tried just typing in the SSID and key and that didn't work, but didn't go through this pairing process. Could you explain step by step what i need to do to pair?
  4. dave1956

dave1956 Member

Ratings:
    +0