Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Component Overscan - a fix?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Waynej, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Waynej

Waynej Active Member

Ratings:
    +172
    First off, my TV is a Hyundai A321, and I've had it for a couple of years now with no issues. I've been running my PS3 and Xbox 360 on it over HDMI through a Switchbox just fine. The problem now though, is that I am using an HD PVR box to record Xbox 360 gameplay footage.

Everything is working fine, though the HD PVR's only output is Component, so this is what I've got connected to my TV. And then, I remembered about the annoying overscan.

I'm assuming there is no way to adjust the overscan? My next bright idea was to buy a Component to VGA cable, though I set my PC on the set from the native 1360x768 to 1280x720, just to test it, and it's annoyingly not supported.

My last resort was for a Component to HDMI cable, and I know these are not meant to work as I've been told on here. Is there anything else, other than buying a new TV? Hardly seems worth forking out for a new set just due to overscan.

Had I not been playing on VGA and HDMI for the past few years, then the overscan would not have bothered me so much. But it does, and I'm fussy... so any solutions please? A converter box seems the only way to go, which seems expensive - if that is the case I'd probably make do.
  2. Waynej

Waynej Active Member

Ratings:
    +172
    Bumpy :smashin: