Collectors Figures, Pictures and Posters

Wow did they really stop the Mythos line? They where the best looking statues I have seen. Would have been all over them but they not dollies!!

Now the thing I'm not sure on is how the invoice will be declared to customs, while you are getting a discount as a repeat customer I don't know how Sideshow will do that on the invoice.
If they show a full value & then the deduction then Customs could take the full value before discount as the amount to Pay VAT on.
On certain entries we do here if there is a reduction applied we sometimes have to ignore this & still enter as if the goods were purchased with no discount as this should be between the shipper & customer & the goods should be imported at full commercial value & as such Duty/VAT is applicable on full value irregardless

I am not too sure on private imports so it could be different but if I was you I would budget for VAT on the full item price before deduction + shipping (shipping is VATABLE as well :()

It's murky waters all this stuff ;) lol

Neil
unless they've changed it recently you will as you suspect pay vat on the full value of the item plus shipping, they don't take any notice of how it was actually paid for wether it be with money, points, magic beans or any other method

have had two 'free' ones from them over the years thanks to reward points but still had to pay the shipping cost and full vat for the total value

also notice when you enter a giveaway competition with them and although you won't be paying them anything if you win they always say in the small print the winner will be liable for all import/customs charges

spikecast.... its of couse all down to personal taste but personally I would prefer the Besta's for normal size PF's as without modification they don't look that good to me in Detolfs due to the big gap you usually get above each one

Thanks Gam, long time no see! I know what you mean re the detolf and the gap. Think I will take a look at the besta cabinets when I go on Monday, shame they cost a lot more just for one unit which I imagine is only enough for one. Are you still collecting PF's etc?

Pictures showing bell wire trunking to hide dioder wires

Thanks Gam, long time no see! I know what you mean re the detolf and the gap. Think I will take a look at the besta cabinets when I go on Monday, shame they cost a lot more just for one unit which I imagine is only enough for one. Are you still collecting PF's etc?
yep, still collecting various statues but have cut out the 1/6 scale figures and will be getting rid of the remaining ones once I get their boxes out of storage

have gotten a bit more picky these days and unless something comes up for pre-order from sideshow by the end of the week it will be the first time in around 10 years that I'll have nothing on order with them, although if it does happen I can't see that staying clear very long and still a few others on order from other manufacturers to feed my habbit

Good luck in Ikea, I'm sure you'll find something to fit your needs

yep, still collecting various statues but have cut out the 1/6 scale figures and will be getting rid of the remaining ones once I get their boxes out of storage

have gotten a bit more picky these days and unless something comes up for pre-order from sideshow by the end of the week it will be the first time in around 10 years that I'll have nothing on order with them, although if it does happen I can't see that staying clear very long and still a few others on order from other manufacturers to feed my habbit

Any 1/6 gems hidden away?

Cheers mate :)

Wow did they really stop the Mythos line? They where the best looking statues I have seen. Would have been all over them but they not dollies!!

Yep & the official line from Alex at Sideshow is...

Sideshow Alex said:
Mythos and anything EU related is in a holding pattern currently. Characters/storylines/etc. not seen in the original films, prequel films, and Clone Wars TV show cannot be visited at this time. Perhaps that will change in the future once the new movies are released.

Hopefully they might do more but no idea, Disney have really cocked all this up

unless they've changed it recently you will as you suspect pay vat on the full value of the item plus shipping, they don't take any notice of how it was actually paid for wether it be with money, points, magic beans or any other method

have had two 'free' ones from them over the years thanks to reward points but still had to pay the shipping cost and full vat for the total value

also notice when you enter a giveaway competition with them and although you won't be paying them anything if you win they always say in the small print the winner will be liable for all import/customs charges

spikecast.... its of couse all down to personal taste but personally I would prefer the Besta's for normal size PF's as without modification they don't look that good to me in Detolfs due to the big gap you usually get above each one

Thanks for clarifying for me Gam, I thought that was the case but couldn't confirm.

Indeed it is! There's a model shop near me selling the Vader Mythos statue for £225 using a 10% code which is a great deal. They did make 5000 of them so I'm not sure how desirable he will be down the line even if it is Vader.

That's actually a really good price & might be worth grabbing.
The high ES means there is little chance of it turning a huge profit but you should be ok to break even.
I actually think that the days of statues going for ridiculous money are at an end, the high ES that seems to come with statues these days means I don't think you'll ever lose money but they aren't a retirement plan anymore ;) lol

Neil

Any 1/6 gems hidden away?
most have gone in the last couple of years since I fell out with collecting them in general....... Blade a few months ago probably being my last gem

still to go are the whole sideshow buffy line, some customs, a few randoms, load of female cg girl ones (proper dollies) and only a few Hot Toys left in Prince Of Persia, Alice and Robocop...... I'll be setting a for sale thread up with some at a time once they're ready to go (might need a few trips to get all the boxes) but they'll all be going in time as the section they're in has been earmarked for more steelbooks

:/ I think seeing your collection on here gam was one of the reason that got me into 1/6th
Spike White bestas and black doors look well mint and really show off the pf's

Thanks mate, will take a look in ikea on Monday. I've noticed online they only appear to do the black/brown detolfs now unless they offer different ones in store.

Today's arrival.

Picked him up for just over £100, no flaking on the shield either. Have swapped out the ankle pegs to make him taller.

Also swapped my MoS for a Red Skull which should be here Monday and will go next to capt.

ImageUploadedByAVForums1405026249.801219.jpg

I'll probably regret ever seeing this thread and learning about these. Started off by ordering this today. Already loads more I've got my eye on.

Attachments

• 1405027140696.jpg
    1405027140696.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 60
I'll probably regret ever seeing this thread and learning about these. Started off by ordering this today. Already loads more I've got my eye on.

Welcome to the down hill spiral that is Hot Toys.

I vouched and swore I'd only get the 2.

Figures 7 & 8 are currently winging there way over from China.

Thanks guys. If there's any tips or even any warnings of sellers / anything else to avoid, let me know! Most things that grab me seem to be out of stock so my bank balance might be safe for a while!

Well you certainly picked a belter to start with, I have that & the Nicholson Joker & I still rate them both as 2 of the best figures HT have ever released.

I will recommend getting a custom cape for him though...the one in the box isn't great & some of the poses are hard to do with it but a Custom will make all the difference

Neil

Thanks guys. If there's any tips or even any warnings of sellers / anything else to avoid, let me know! Most things that grab me seem to be out of stock so my bank balance might be safe for a while!

Stick with the likes of OneSixthBruce, TheGoodTheBadAndTheRobots, Collectiblesdirect, ToyHQ and you won't go far wrong.

Ebay seller timcent88 for the new figures if you can't wait and want them a few months before release over here.

Agreed, one I wish I had (along with an 89 Batmobile).

I have the Batmobile Vince and I have to say, I hate it. I've thought about offloading it several times but the box is gigantic and would cost a fortune to post, not to mention that I'd probably lose money on it. I have seen several go on ebay for sub £350.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom