Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clarity CTVL42W2HDF LCD TV Sky Remote Codes

Discussion in 'Sky Forum' started by Ginger Bob, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Ginger Bob

Ginger Bob Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

I've just bought the above telly and cannot find the code to configure my Sky remote. Would be really grateful if someone could help me out.

Many thanks.
    Bob
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Miss Chief

Miss Chief Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,139
    Strangely enough I had a call tonight at work with a code request and we don't have one either.
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  3. Ginger Bob

Ginger Bob Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah, I've searched high and low for this code. Apparently the model's new to the market which is probably why I can't find anything on it.
  4. kenedin

kenedin Active Member

Ratings:
    +316
    I've also had a look, but no joy:(. Must be made by some other brand name we know - but WHO???? Nearest I can get is Clatronic ( also on Sky Interactive screen on the digibox ) here.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. mby2j

mby2j Member

Ratings:
    +240
    Hi,
    Just a thought....as this tv is identical to a "Polaroid Definia" tv, then try one of their codes (g00gle it) :thumbsup:

I'm looking at this tv also (missus works for tesco so gets 10% staff discount)
    at present they are out of stock and only have the 37" in stock :confused:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Ginger Bob

Ginger Bob Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi people, thanks for the responses but I've changed this telly since it began developing malfunctions. Got an LG now and the first code I found worked. Thanks again.
  7. hstrules

hstrules Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hi

i also have this tv but in 37inch brought from tesco, i have been searching high and low for a sky+ code with no luck. can anyone help please. my misses said there was a sticker on the back of the tv remote with some numbers on but she tought nothing of it and pulled it off...........:suicide:

also what problems did you have with your 42inch ive had mine a month now and seems to be working fine.
  8. Ginger Bob

Ginger Bob Member

Ratings:
    +1
    On dark backgrounds the backlight would pulse off at about 75Hz. The problem was infrequent at first but gradually manifested itself more often until any dark background was flashing. The guys at Tesco said that there were many returns of this model, but this could also be due simply to the high numbers sold in such a short period of time. It also raised alarm bells when the model was discontinued less than a month after it was launched.
  9. hstrules

hstrules Member

Ratings:
    +0
    MMMMM.. Not noticed that yet i did have a problem with dark backgrounds turning blue but i sorted that in the menu. I work at tesco and it raised alarm bells when we stoped selling it, but we havent had that meny returns 'yet'. We get alot of technika returns, well thats pretty much all we sell.
  10. maRTINCOYNE04

maRTINCOYNE04 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    HI ALSO BOUGHT A CLARITY 32 INCH 4RM TESCO AND CANT WORK SKY VOLUME .ALSO WHEN I USE THE TV REMOTE THE DVD OPENS LOL. AWAITING A CALL 4RM TESCO DIRECT IT MITE B A FAULTY REMOTE FINGERS XD:mad:
  11. buzby01

buzby01 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The code is 0672 this code will only work the standby Polaroid and Sky still have not reviewed there coding. I hope this helps everyone who has a Clarity or Polaroid 42" LCD TV
    I understand that this code will also work on the 32" and 37" TVs too
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2009