Christmas Came Early or How I Ended up with JVC X35 instead of X30

Ali Pervez

Established Member
Reaction score
Recap from previous thread:
http://www.avforums.com/forums/projectors/1707343-jvc-x30-purchase-decision-can-someone-please-push-me-over-edge.html

I finally ordered JVC X30 with 2 pairs of glasses, thinking I am getting a pretty good deal on an out-going model.

One detail I did not mention in my previous thread. When I was ordering, I could no longer find the special offer on retailer's website. So I dropped them an email, asking if the offer is still valid. They replied that the offer has expired but there is a special offer on the new model. With that they sent a link to their website which took me back to X30, with the same price, 1999 CHF.

Attributing the rather confusing communication to language barrier, and keeping my trust in the goodness of Swiss people, I went ahead and ordered X30. When I received proforma invoice, it showed X30 at price of 1999 CHF and X35 for price of 0 CHF! On top of it, the delivery was pending, saying they are waiting for the stock from manufacturer. That did not make much sense since the model is discontinued and JVC should not be shipping it anymore.

Anyways, I kept my patience and finally received the order today. I think you know where this is going. I opened the box and I found a shiny brand new X35 in it!

I think I stumbled upon deal of the year. When I go back to same retailer website, they have X35 now for 3390 CHF.

Now I need to get a projector screen.

Ali

That a nice present, what a deal I've I had the money would love that deal myself, we'll done

I think somebody will get a bollocking for that.

I hope not.

I re-read the whole discussion thread again, from the perspective if it was a pure mistake from the retailer staff. It does not seem the case. I quote: "Unfortunately, this projector is sold out. However, we can offer you the successor model at a introductory price. "

Once I pointed out that the link takes me to X30 again, the guy took couple of days to clarify with back office staff and then came back to me saying I can go ahead and order it.

Anyways, they have one very happy customer :thumbsup:

I'm sure they'll ask for it back soon! Hope they don't for your sake though and ruin your Christmas!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom