Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chillblast UK - has anyone any experience of using them?

Discussion in 'Desktops' started by LancashireTom, Apr 17, 2010.

1. LancashireTom

LancashireTom Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been lurking on this forum for a while as I am thinking of buying myself a higher end spec computer for gaming. I have no time/interest in building my own (probably means I have more money than sense - I thought I would get that in before anyone else did).

At the moment I am looking at buying something from Chillblast UK, who seem to do the sort of system I am looking for. I can't seem to find any reviews of them as a company and wondered whether anyone out there had dealt with them and how they got on.
  2. EndlessWaves

EndlessWaves Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,279
    While I can't comment on their customer service they have been around for a good few years and regulaly send machines out to magazines and websites for reviews so they're not a fly by night operation.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Alan CD

Alan CD Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,358
    EndlessWaves is quite right. I haven't heard of any problems with Chillblast and they are a well established company.

What PC have you in mind from their range?
  4. LancashireTom

LancashireTom Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks to Endlesswaves and Alan

I have been thinking along the lines of the Katana Crossfire going as far up the range as I can - possibly dual 5870 rather than 5770 - although that might be overkill. Mind you not sure how much cooling I would need if I went for that configuration.

Still umming and ahing as it is a lot more than my previous computer.

http://www.chillblast.com/product.php?productid=18951&cat=365&page=1
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2010
  5. EndlessWaves

EndlessWaves Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,279
    I wouldn't consider crossfire until you get into the realm of more performance than a single card can deliver due to potential issues like microstuttering and lack of support.

It's not the system I'd buy at that price with Vista and the 920 making it seem a little out of date and the price looking on the expensive side for the specs, even factoring in the better mouse, keyboard and sound card.
  6. LancashireTom

LancashireTom Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the tip. I was planning to upgrade to Windows 7 and the 930 instead of the 920. I'll look through the other options as well.

Glad I didn't just lurk now!