Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Car Audio Centre

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Nav & Dash Cam Forum' started by oaklandraiders, Jul 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moominter

moominter Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah i have used Caraudiodirect in the past and they have been spot on and i wish i had used them this time.
    So has anyone got anything they ordered from the Caraudiocentre ? i thought i was safe as it says its the number 1 !
  2. wiehahn

wiehahn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What a bunch of arrogant cheapskates working for this company. They will never see my business again.
  3. J3000

J3000 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Incarexpress.co.uk has been really good to me 3 times now.
  4. Karen SXI

Karen SXI Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi found this forum/thread after a search on the car audio centre, I to am going through an ordeal with them so I just wanted to share my story,
    I ordered a stereo, fascia kit and wiring on the phone on the 3rd June 10, when the items had not arrived by the beginning of the following week I called to ask where they were to be told they had been lost in transit and they would be re-sent. Another call a couple of days later (10th June 10) I was told another story that the items had been damaged in transit and they could not send the fascia kit and stereo as they were out of stock and no chance of getting them in from the suppliers (the stereo is still on the website 5 weeks later as in stock). At this time I checked the order tracking on the website that came up as back order which meant something was out of stock and no mention on there of anything being sent so I truly believe the items were never sent in the first place . So a refund was agreed to mutually for the stereo and fascia kit as they had already sent the wiring out, and I was told 10 days to receive my money that they had taken (over £220 minus the money for the wiring total order value was over £270).
    On 11th june 10 the wiring arrived minus a patch lead so after 3 phone calls between 11th june and the 28th June the patch lead finally arrived on the 29th.
    In this time when I rang to ask about the patch lead I also asked about my refund to be told it could take 28 days, after checking their website I found it could take 30 days, so I gave them 30 days before ringing back on the 9th July after still not receiving the refund to be told they would email the refund department and it would take 3 days to electronically transfer to my bank and I would receive it on Wednesday 14th July. After checking my bank Friday 16th July still no refund so I contacted consumer direct who advised me how to take the matter further.
    So I wrote to them and sent the letter recorded delivery giving them 10 days to refund my money, this letter was signed for by them on Friday 23rd July.
    It has now been 51 days and I hope I get the refund this week so I can buy a new HU as I can not afford to do so until I get my money back.
    How does a company keep getting away with treating people like this ????
  5. jojohiggins

jojohiggins New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well i ordered a blue tooth kit from car audio centre - with a groupon voucher. Says 4-6 weeks, still waiting over 6 weeks later. Their tracking function states "processing" but if you email or fill in the form, it bounces back as not existing! Grrrrr. Any ideas?
  6. oaklandraiders

oaklandraiders Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Yo

An overdue update.
    I eventually got my money back approx 6 months later, it took constant phone calls on an almost daily basis.

John
  7. aspidesdra

aspidesdra Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, does anyone have any experience with ordering through Groupon for blue tooth car kits from the Car Audio Centre?
    I paid Groupon and the Car Audio Centre on the 12th January for 2 Blue tooth Kits. They emailed me to say it would be up to 6 weeks for delivery. i then received an email from them on the 28th Feb saying they had been dispatched and would be with me within 5 days. 2 weeks later and I'm still waiting, they do not reply to emails and charge 75p premium rate phone call :mad:
  8. aspidesdra

aspidesdra Member

Ratings:
    +0

I've just posted Jojo, having the same problem with the car audio centre. I've emailed Groupn now :mad:
  9. sallydh

sallydh New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered the Bluetooth handsfree kit via Groupon on 6/12/11, with a delivery time of 3-4 weeks. I sent numerous emails to them querying delivery, and only ever received their bounceback automated responses, citing, delay due to problems with Royal Mail, flooding all over the world, so all stock destroyed and having to be remanufactured, offering to cancel or refund £2.50 goodwill gesture to keep the order (accepted but never received) advising order despatched 28/2 , expect in 3-5 days, followed next day by an automated email saying , if I received an email after 27/2, dont worry its on its way, but in next sentence the bluetooth transmitter order will be fulfilled in next week and a half? I emailed after 2 weeks saying nothing received, but no reply yet again, so I emailed Groupon with full story and asked for a refund. Next day, I received an email from Groupon saying they had sent a refund authorisation request to Car Audio Centre, and lo and behold, half an hour later I received an email from CAC saying my order had been despatched, expect it in 1-3 days! It arrived the next day, and I sincerely hope it doesnt prove faulty, as I know I will never get a refund. Incidentally, I have not heard nothing back from Groupon, 6 days later. I think part of the issue is Groupon , and probably other deal websites, withhold payment to the retailers for up to 60 days or more , paying in stages, so maybe they dont actually place their final orders until they have all the money? Gumtree are today offering the same deal for £5 more. I cant believe all these "deal " websites dont vet any traders they choose to do business with. See other customers bad experiences on Trustpilot and Consumer Reviews, Product Ratings, Compare Best Prices | Review Centre . I wish I'd checked them out first.
  10. aspidesdra

aspidesdra Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I really hope your blue tooth kit works Sally. I received mine eventually, one of them doesn't work at all and the other only plays interminent music but will not link to the blue tooth.
    I've tried contacting the Car Audio Centre but they don't respond and Groupon just send out an automated email. I've emailed them back asking for a proper response but I've not heard anything since. :mad:
  11. sallydh

sallydh New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It seems to work so far- when my hubby first tuned it in it didnt look as if he could listen to the radio at the same time it was plugged in, but it seems to do so, and he has made a couple of calls that seem OK. I cant imagine it was ever worth any more than we paid for it though!
  12. MarkLee83

MarkLee83 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I also bought a Bluetooth car kit from them via Groupon in january.

As most of you have said delivery between 3-6 weeks.

I am now on my 12 week and nothing has arrived.

I recived a text 8 days ago to say it would be delivered in the next 5 days.

Well it is now 8 so what a load of rubbish.

I have since spoke with them on the phone to be told the first delay was because the supplier did not send them their full supply ordered, and secondly that my item is being sent today.

Why is it being sent today I asked as I recieved my text 8 days ago.

I was told it was sent 8 days ago but royal mail kept it on hold and will now deliver this week.

Why can't The Car Aduio Centre be straight with their customers and say it Mabe 12 / 13 weeks delivery from purchase.

I will not buy anything from this company again and would not recommend them to anyone.

Customer service is appalling and can never be honest with you.

Always got an excuse.

If I do not receive my item by Friday will report The Car Audio Centre to Trading Standards.
  13. unlocated

unlocated New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I've been affected by the poor business capacities of these useless people. Has anybody issued a request to Watchdog yet?
    I am not sure but it seems that either they have 2 names or are transferring their business to another name!
    I have issued a complaint with Citizen advice bureau and please do the same. even few lines so these buggers can start having some problems!

This is the CAB website/form

https://ssl.datamotion.com/form.aspx?co=3438&frm=citacomplainform&to=flare.fromforms

best,
    Unlocated
  14. andrewcopping

andrewcopping Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all
    I used this company to buy a system to go in my camper, I wanted blue tooth headphones and hands free telephone connection. I was sold a Clarion radio and in phase headphones with a transmitter . total bill was £175.95. I fitted the system to find that unless you were very close to the transmitter and directly inline the headphones did not work. When they were in range you could hear the music from the door speakers over and above the headphones. I rang car audio centre and was told to send them back with a RMA number. I did this followed up by several emails . Tried to call at 75p per minute but only got answer machine! Then I did get a refund but only £50! with no reason why £125.95 short. Just a warning to you all. we all want to use the internet to buy things but these types of companies can hide behind it as you can not walk up to the counter and ask for your money back.

Andrew:mad:
  15. DodgeTheViper

DodgeTheViper Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,172
    I don't see the point in this thread continuing. All the single posters just seems a bit odd.

Thread closed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.