Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't listen to talkSPORT via net - any clues?

Discussion in 'Streamers & Network Music Players' started by IM69, Jan 25, 2010.

1. IM69

IM69 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Sorry if this isn't exactly the right place for this - it looked like the closest match....

I've recently lost the ability to listen to talkSPORT radio through the internet - the embedded Windows Media Player at talkSPORT - Live Sports Radio | Live Premier League | Live Scores loads up, and appears to connect (the clock starts counting), but no sound comes out.

It doesn't appear to be a browser issue - I've tried IE, Firefox and Chrome, and they are all the same. I've even tried the 'Web Radio' Yahoo! widget.

Other radio stations work fine, so it's not an audio issue.

I'm guessing it's something to do with WMP, but it's saying I've got all the latest updates...

Any clues?
  2. IM69

IM69 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I meant to say...

The video clip advert that precedes the audio stream plays okay (picture and sound).

By the way, if anyone can suggest a better forum for this post, please let me know and I'll shift it.
  3. Peter314

Peter314 Member

Ratings:
    +38
    This probably won't help much, but I'll just mention that I can access talkSPORT fine via Squeezebox Server. Alvin Somebody taking lots of calls about John Terry...
  4. oxoneil

oxoneil Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've just noticed the same problem. Just tried to listen for the first time on a new laptop with Windows 7 and Media Player 12. I can also hear the advert clip but then nothing from the show. It tells me to download a plug-in which is Media Player 11 but can't seem to downgrade from 12.

Strange and annoying.
  5. 005

005 Member

Ratings:
    +28
  6. HMHB

HMHB Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,391
    I'm not sure if this helps or not but I use this URL for listening to Talk Sport via Sonos.
  7. LFC4TUNE

LFC4TUNE Member

Ratings:
    +17
    I'm using TuneIn radio on Sonos + Iphone for talksports with no probs.
  8. LFC4TUNE

LFC4TUNE Member

Ratings:
    +17
    I live in Germany and TuneIn (pc firefox) online plays Talksports no probs either.
  9. 005

005 Member

Ratings:
    +28
    Nah no joy that link don't work for me & I tried TuneIn & it just reverts to the player