Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't connect to Xbox Live with new Sky broadband connection.

Discussion in 'Xbox Live Forum' started by fizzer25, Sep 17, 2008.

1. fizzer25

fizzer25 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Swapped over to Sky broadband last night and now I cant connect to Xbox Live, my laptop connected immediately. It says connected on the screen but then fails to connect to xbox live and when i test the connection it fails on the second one down wireless network iirc. Can anyone help me please?

Cheers in advance
  2. GenVinyardTD

GenVinyardTD Member

Ratings:
    +5
    you have to access the sky router and follow the instructions under the stattion access screen.
    had this same issue myself even after using the router for months with the xbox, one day after a reboot it just stoppped working.
    in your browser type in the address

username : admin
    password : sky

that should get you up and running again.
  3. fizzer25

fizzer25 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Cheers fella I'll give that a try tonight.
  4. fizzer25

fizzer25 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Still no luck my 360 won't connect to the wireless network but the laptops are fine. Do I need to open ports? I have the sky netgear dg934g router if this helps.
  5. fizzer25

fizzer25 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    on the edit settings screen says ip address automatic but then everything underneath is at 0, same with dns settings.
    at the bottom has wireless mode 802.11g and he sky wireless name network type infrastructure, wireless security wpa

says im connected to the sky but o the test screen says not connected? demented:)
  6. fizzer25

fizzer25 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    bmpage anyone please help me im demented xbox sky and netgear are all ***** when it comes to helping thicko's like myself out.

added the mac address to the list of allowed ones earlier and disabled the password and it connected for a 5 mins then kept throwing me out so i reset it and now im back to square one all thy say is move the xbox closer etc but i cant see how it can be that when the laptops signal is brill in the dsame room
  7. Chri5123

Chri5123 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey fizzer25,

I actually found this thread because I have just signed up to sky broadband and then thought about my Xbox 360 connection and decided to see if anyone was having problems...

Damm, why can't anything be easy eh?

Anyway a few suggestions that might help you.

Make sure on your software firewall if you have one on your computer e.g Zonealarm that you allow your Xbox 360's ip address to the trusted zone.

Also another thing that you might want to do:

See if there is an option to change from WPA to WEP instead?

I had a hard time connecting my Xbox 360 using WPA on my orange livebox - might be the same.

You can also try tunring the router firewall off - just to see if it connects and if it does you know it is that stopping it.

Then if that is the case set up port forwarding on your Xbox 360 ip address and it might work for you.

Also make sure you put your router in "searching" mode (don't know the proper name for it) but basically make sure it is searching for networks.

Let me know if you have done all the above and how you get on, because when I get my Sky internet sorted might save me some time mate.

Hope this works,

Chris