Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot change channel on Samsung LE26R74BD

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Severus1977, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Severus1977

Severus1977 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, tonight i changed my samsung LE26R74BD back to TV from HDMI and it switched back to channel 5, the last channel i'd been watching.

The picture was moving in a jerky manner and so i switched the tv off for a few seconds then switched it back on.

I now cannot change the channel away from channel 5. I can do everything else (put it on av, HDMI, change the volume up and down, change the picture mode and screen size etc) but it remains stuck on channel 5 and i cannot bring up the electronic program guide either.

Please does anyone know what has caused this and more importantly how i can fix this?
  2. alnwrd

alnwrd Member

Ratings:
    +30
    I suggest you do a rescan of channels or a factory rest if this option is available. Have you tried channel changing by pushing buttons on the tv to eliminate possible problems with the remote control?
  3. Severus1977

Severus1977 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    HI alnwrd, thanks for such a quick reply :)

Yes that was my first thought, to somehow reset it to the factory settings but i do not have the option to do this. I've checked in the manual and it says to press the "D.Menu" button but nothing happens when i press this.

I've also tried pressing the buttons on the set itself but again the only ones which do anything are the volume ones.
  4. wkm026

wkm026 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have just come across a similar problem with my Samsung 26" LCD TV I retuned the analogue channels to test new arial and now can only get one Digital Channel ...BBC1. The D Menu key does not work ..I have removed batteries from remote and switched off and on the TV but still unable to get the TV to tune any other Digital Channels .....will call Sansung in the morning
  5. Hex69

Hex69 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I had exactly the same problem. I fixed it by doing the following
    1 Turn off the TV so its on standby
    2 Then press these keys one after another
    Info, Menu, Mute, Power.

When the TV turns back on you are in the Service MENU.
    Now press your down arrow key until you get to number 12 on the on screen options,
    It’s marked RESET.
    Push the arrow key to the right, to RESET your TV.

Next simply follow the instructions on the TV to retune your channels.

I would love to take the credit for knowing this but I found it on another forum how to mend it .com - chanel stuck on dtv on samsung le32r74bd?

It took about 10- 12 attempts to bring up the Service menu but I swear it works.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. ovaspark

ovaspark Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just tried this fix on a TV we have and it worked 1st time - thanks !!!
  7. chaos7

chaos7 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Bit of an old topic here but i've came across this solution while searching google. I have reset the TV using the method shown above and I still cannot get the freeview to work. The TV has never been tuned to recieve freeview so I dont know if it was like it when I purchased it. When I press the DTV button to switch to freeview I either get a Samsung splash screen or a choice of various coloured backgrounds (bright green, pink grey etc) but still no freeview and the D Menu button doesnt work either and I have tried two different remotes.I have also reset the TV now numerous times and still no solution. Has anyone got any suggestions?

TV is a LE26R73BD by the way.
  8. cecemf

cecemf Member

Ratings:
    +12
    I have the same problem but can't ge ton the SERVICE menu, the TV does seems do be doing something different after the manip. it start then go off again straight away but restart and no service menu, can any one help ?
  9. cecemf

cecemf Member

Ratings:
    +12
    I have been doing it for the pas 30 min and still can'y get into the service menu ! Did anyone had similar Probleme !
  10. Adrian_F

Adrian_F Active Member

Ratings:
    +305
    Make sure that you are starting from Standby .
  11. cecemf

cecemf Member

Ratings:
    +12
    I did, but still nothing, the TV start then restart straight away but no menu. I try to start DTT then analogue then on hdmi still the same :-(

Even powered off then first start with the code.
  12. cecemf

cecemf Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Good news ! I manage to do it !

I found outwhy it didn't let me enter the service menu, I went to the TV menu to turn OFF the Melody (melody when you turn your TV ON/OFF) and then I turn OFF the Digital NR option after that it work's ! so I guess the melody at the start was stoping the TV to go on Service mode !

Hope that will help other people with similar probleme as Samsung wanted to charge me $100 for reinstalling the firmware !
    :smashin:
  13. ram5e5

ram5e5 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just in case anyone looks on here, my Samsung LE26R74BD also 'broke' today (30/09/2009) when Freeview changed in the UK, resulting in the D Menu button not working at all. There is nothng at all in the manual about how to reset the TV but I applied the instructions above and it worked a treat first time!

Thanks.

ram5e5