Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cancelling SKY Direct Debit

Discussion in 'Sky Forum' started by Paul_N, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Paul_N

Paul_N Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Hi

I'm a long time SKY customer and way out of contract period. I've managed to get my BB MAC code using their online form through MySky and will wait to I'm successfully over to my new BB provider before cancelling my Sky TV sub. My question is, can I just cancel my direct debit instead of going through the whole over the phone cancellation process? Will I get any black listing or charges? Once again, I am out of contract period.

Thanks
  2. MartinPickering

MartinPickering Active Member

Ratings:
    +467
    You must write to Sky, giving one month's notice to cancel Direct Debit. (Forget about phoning. Expensive and no proof that you did it.) Be sure to send it by Recorded Delivery and keep a copy of the letter with your delivery slip.
  3. Miss Chief

Miss Chief Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,135
    You MUST advise Sky if your intent to cancel. Cancelling your DD doesn't cancel your sky subscription and you'll continue to be billed. Email them if necessary or just give them a phone.
  4. Mike Groves

Mike Groves Member

Ratings:
    +38
    Common courtesy alone would dictate that you advise them of your intention to stop the DD. It's only a method of paying your bills, and you'd be expected to pay by alernate means until your account is actually cancelled.