1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you get Eurosport 1 & 2 on Freesat?

Discussion in 'Freesat' started by asprint, Feb 26, 2010.

1. asprint

asprint Member

Ratings:
    +18
    Is it possible to get Eurosport 1 & 2 Freesat via the Top up option wit the Cam slot?
  2. BrianMc

BrianMc Member

Ratings:
    +156
    No - they are encrypted with Videoguard and need a Sky subscription.
  3. Robbo71

Robbo71 Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Eurosport (the German version) is available FTA on 19.2E though. You would need a dish pointing to 19.2E and a Freesat receiver or other FTA receiver with Diseqc switching abilities.
  4. asprint

asprint Member

Ratings:
    +18
    I already have a dish that can pick up Eurosport International, the German version. However, it does not broadcast the Live World Superbikes.

I would like to find a way to get Eurosport 1 & 2 without having to pay a £18 Sky subscription, dont mind paying something but £18/month just for one program is a bit steep!
  5. Tight Git

Tight Git Member

Ratings:
    +605
    Not if you consider how much it would cost to go to just one match/event, even if it's in this country. :lesson:

And how much would it cost to see the Australian Open tennis? :eek:
  6. Interceptor121

Interceptor121 Member

Ratings:
    +36
    You can watch Eurosport from your computer through Eurosport player for a reasonable monthly fee
    If you have a way to connect a browser to your TV then you have a solution....:smashin:
  7. asprint

asprint Member

Ratings:
    +18
    Thanks for your reply. I have a Dell Studio 17 laptop.

How would you connect your browser?

It does have both HMD1 and DVI outputs.
  8. Interceptor121

Interceptor121 Member

Ratings:
    +36
    HDMI works fine as your laptop is 1080p (I guess your Tv too?) not sure if the Dell 17 has audio but it should

DVI has no audio so with that you would need to connect the headphone through an amplifier or something

Go on the eurosport website and try the test video first once you know it works (it does) you can hook up the TV et voila! :clap:
  9. asprint

asprint Member

Ratings:
    +18
    Thanks for the info.

It's my understanding that all HDMI's send/recieve both video and audo, so I would expect the Dell HDMI to send and recieve both audo and video.

I will have to check it.
  10. teech16

teech16 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I also have been looking for a way to watch World Superbikes without supporting Murdoch and had heard the rumour that it could be had on Freesat. Was wandering around on the net on Saturday night and stumbled across the Eurosport web site, paid £3.99 for the next month's subscription to watch WSB live and watched it on Sunday! Can't be bad! As a start I connected the VGA (15 pin D) output on my laptop to the DVI input on my 32"TV and off it all went. No sound from the TV of course so used the audio from the laptop. Just need to buy a jack to stereo twin phono lead and plug the laptop audio into the AV amp. My broadband is pretty basic, 2 Meg at best and the picture quality watchable with the occasional stutter but thats all. Not as good as normal satellite or Freeview but will do.
  11. justdoit

justdoit Member

Ratings:
    +41
    If you compare screen sizes, a laptop's screen on your knees will prob appear larger than a 32" screen a few metres away so if your the only one watching I wouldn't bother connecting it up, I've a Eee Top with a 15.6" screen at the side of me and a Sammy 32" across the room and use both for viewing.