1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you change language on Garmin Nuvi 200/250W?

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Nav & Dash Cam Forum' started by nigelbb, Dec 5, 2007.

1. nigelbb

nigelbb Member

Ratings:
    +497
    Can you change the default spoken language of the Garmin Nuvi 200W or 250W. The reason is that I can buy one cheap here in France & while it would be OK in French I really would prefer English & if it is locked to one language then that might well sway me toward buying a TomTom instead as I know they have no end of voices & languages available.
  2. KMR855

KMR855 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Hi , Yes you can change the language.
    Select Settings then Language. You can then change the language for voice, text and also keyboard layout.
    I hope this helps you out.:thumbsup:
  3. nigelbb

nigelbb Member

Ratings:
    +497
    Thanks for the answer but in the meantime I bought a TomTom One XL which has very similar specifications although I think has shorter battery life. It only arrived this morning & from the play with it that I have had it is very similar to the garmin that I have used before in a rental car. Anyway I am very pleased so far. It is far more satisfactory having a dedicated unit rather than a PDA that doesn't have a big enough, bright enough screen & too low volume.
  4. joa

joa Member

Ratings:
    +0
    :lease:Does anyone know how I change the time on my Garmin 300 Sat Nav ?
    Thanks!! :D
  5. Dean08

Dean08 Member

Ratings:
    +18
    It should pick up the time automatically when a satellite signal is established.