Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you change language on Garmin Nuvi 200/250W?

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Nav & Dash Cam Forum' started by nigelbb, Dec 5, 2007.

1. nigelbb

nigelbb Active Member

Ratings:
    +498
    Can you change the default spoken language of the Garmin Nuvi 200W or 250W. The reason is that I can buy one cheap here in France & while it would be OK in French I really would prefer English & if it is locked to one language then that might well sway me toward buying a TomTom instead as I know they have no end of voices & languages available.
  2. KMR855

KMR855 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Hi , Yes you can change the language.
    Select Settings then Language. You can then change the language for voice, text and also keyboard layout.
    I hope this helps you out.:thumbsup:
  3. nigelbb

nigelbb Active Member

Ratings:
    +498
    Thanks for the answer but in the meantime I bought a TomTom One XL which has very similar specifications although I think has shorter battery life. It only arrived this morning & from the play with it that I have had it is very similar to the garmin that I have used before in a rental car. Anyway I am very pleased so far. It is far more satisfactory having a dedicated unit rather than a PDA that doesn't have a big enough, bright enough screen & too low volume.
  4. joa

joa Member

Ratings:
    +0
    :lease:Does anyone know how I change the time on my Garmin 300 Sat Nav ?
    Thanks!! :D
  5. Dean08

Dean08 Member

Ratings:
    +18
    It should pick up the time automatically when a satellite signal is established.