1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you attach a Lanyard to the Iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by millss, Sep 25, 2009.

1. millss

millss Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi

I do Horse Riding and am looking for someway to attach the iphone so if it falls out my pocket I will not loose it.

Does anyone use a Lanyard with there Iphone ( Is there a connector on the Iphone for one ) ??

Thanks
  2. sim667

sim667 Member

Ratings:
    +125
    no

an alternative would be to find a case that you can attach a lanyard too
  3. millss

millss Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the quick reply - It is a shame that they do not have anything especially for people that do sports , the only alternative that I can find is the case that attaches to your arm.

the lanyard that attaches to the case will probably only save the case and not the Iphone oh well back to the drawing board.....

4. donkey1969

donkey1969 Member

Ratings:
    +37
    Get some saddle bags fitted! :thumbsup:
  5. tvjohn

tvjohn Member

Ratings:
    +19
    I ride a bicycle, & often see horse riders of course :)

I do attach a lanyard of sorts, via a strong suction cup pressed very firmly on to the back of my iPhone. The suction cup has a built in moulded "hook" so I can attach various mounts to it. It hasn't come off yet (other than when I pull it off for cleaning).

I've been searching for some more cups with built in moulded hook, but not found one as good as mine yet. There are cups with built in "eyes" though, which would be just as good.

If trying this, obviously do some tests first, as I've found suction cup quality to vary a lot.

John
  6. bobbytoad

bobbytoad Member

Ratings:
    +68
    YES THERE IS A LANYARD for iPhone

sorry cant remember the name of manufacturer, basically clips onto the bottom/dock connector.

The video on the website was verry impressive as they had the iphone in a clamp and then added loads and loads of weights to the lanyard to prove how tough their dock-clip mechanism is.

Maybe google it or search youtube for the video
    • Thanks Thanks x 1