Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can PS3 slim be stood on end?

Discussion in 'PS3 Forum' started by stushine, Nov 2, 2009.

1. stushine

stushine Member

Ratings:
    +2
    can the new PS3 slim be stood on its end like the original PS3 or does it have to be seated flat?
  2. andy1249

andy1249 Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,239
  3. Doctor Hades

Doctor Hades Active Member

Ratings:
    +233
    If you have a stable surface then the PS3 Slim can be stood vertically but it's nowhere near as stable as the original fatter PS3 design.

It's the reason I've decided to stand mine horizontal for now; that and the fact that standing it vertically results in amplified noise as the machine lacks rubber feet when orientated that way (the original PS3 had these). When horizontal my new PS3 is almost silent.
  4. kempez

kempez Active Member

Ratings:
    +284
    I need mine to stand vertical and you deffo need a stand. At the mo it's horizontal but now the shelf needs space so I'll have to buy a stand.

Take it from me, it tips over when you press a button otherwise :p Luckily I caught mine before any damage was caused :eek:

Anybody know the best/cheapest place to get one? Play have one for a tenner, but they take ages to post!
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  5. Hakagure

Hakagure New Member

Ratings:
    +148
    Intitally had mine vertical on the floor and balanced against the side of my TV Unit, worked fine but it was making more noise than it does now that it is horizontal.

Horizontal would be my preference.