Can I password protect a user account on PS3

Zippy77777

Established Member
Reaction score
Can somebody give me a yes or no answer.

Can you password protect a user account yet on the ps3? I have an account and so does my son. I dont want him using my account, can i do this yet?

I don't think you can password protect the local accounts, but you can stop the PSN account from signing in automatically.

I don't think you can password protect the local accounts, but you can stop the PSN account from signing in automatically.

I thought that was the case, I hope they get this sorted soon in one of their many updates.

What do you mean by PSN?

You can't password protect your user, but you can set your PSN (your Playstation Network account - i.e. what lets you play online, access the store, send messages) to not login automatically.
I'm in the same problem - my little bro always logs on to my account to play games because I've got better game saves than him :mad:
Hopefully they'll release this in a near update :thumbsup:

Cool thanks for the replies guys!! :thumbsup:

Awww those replies are from nearly 15 years ago!
And the last one is on the 30th of november, which is my birthday :D
Man, those types of forms are nostalagic as hell, with the old emojis and discusions about stuff like the ps3 (which sadly never added a password system for accounts), i really hope everyone on here is living the best of lives :p

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom