1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Call of Duty: Black Ops - Hardest mission on Veteran?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 First & Third Person Shooters' started by GarythePotato, Nov 17, 2010.

?

Call of Duty: Black Ops - Hardest mission on Veteran?

1. Operation 40

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  2. Vorkuta

5 vote(s)
    3.2%
  3. Executive Order

83 vote(s)
    53.2%
  4. SOG

37 vote(s)
    23.7%
  5. The Defector

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  6. Numbers

5 vote(s)
    3.2%
  7. Project Nova

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  8. Victor Charlie

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Crash Site

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  10. WMD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Payback

2 vote(s)
    1.3%
  12. Rebirth

15 vote(s)
    9.6%
  13. Redemption

5 vote(s)
    3.2%
  1. GarythePotato

GarythePotato Member

Ratings:
    +80
    I experienced a large amount of rage on the practically checkpoint-less mission "Executive Order" in the underground section.

What missions caused you guys to smash your controllers and break things?
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  2. Dubious

Dubious Active Member

Ratings:
    +379
    3rd mission executive order with the long corridor that was insane, after that I tried to do SOG and got as far as stabbing the first barrel but died every time just couldn't stab it and survive so dropped difficulty to hardened.
  3. GarythePotato

GarythePotato Member

Ratings:
    +80
    I found "SOG" fine until the aforementioned part. I must have spent an hour and a half on it, just running down the hill, hiding in a bunker, only to be pwned when I popped my head up. I didn't even remember that I had to stab the barrels! I assumed that I had to run to the bottom of the hill and then something would occur. I had to watch a YouTube video on it so I didn't go mental and kill someone. I felt like a bit of a prat after learning about the barrels :blush:. After that, though, it was plain sailing.

I won't cast my vote until I complete the campaign on Veteran, but I think I know what my answer is [still] going to be.
  4. The Bass

The Bass Active Member

Ratings:
    +902
    I've got to admit, as frustrating as the tunnel was if that's the hardest part of the game this is still a walk in the park compared to COD4.
  5. andywylde

andywylde Member

Ratings:
    +74
    Havn't came across a level that is ridiculously hard. Executive Order is kinda easy once you know about the barrels. I had a really dodgy checkpoint on Rebirth which took me about half and hour to get past. Just the last mission to go now :thumbsup:
  6. willp2003

willp2003 Member

Ratings:
    +95
    i don't remember executive order being that hard, it was SOG for me. Although a part on rebirth was tricky, when you're in a vehicle trying to blow stuff up and make your way through the streets.
  7. I Spiritus I

I Spiritus I Active Member

Ratings:
    +775
    SOG for me. The rest was not too bad imo :).
  8. unkle faz

unkle faz Member

Ratings:
    +18
    Only place i spent a lil time retrying on was that corridor..was there for half hour before thinking to throw smoke down the corridor and running to see what was up ahead and boom...checkpoint! yeah i died pretty quick but then when it restarted most of the enemies were easy to dispatch and i moved on.

imo easiest veteran campaign so far!
  9. kfan

kfan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +547
    Never been so frustrated playing a game as I was at this bit. Although the checkpoint system on Rebirth did stitch me up royally. Was where you're in the tank and the helicopter crashes ahead of you, the guys surviving kept getting me, and the guys on the right of you. Took me a good 15-20 goes whilst my other half sat there laughing at how wound up I got.. Other than those 2 bits, fairly simple campaign I thought, definitely not as tough as MW.
  10. SkilledNutter

SkilledNutter Active Member

Ratings:
    +381
    Nothing compare's to COD4's final rush through the cargo room. Blops was easy.
  11. steb9780

steb9780 Member

Ratings:
    +20
    Definitely Executive order in the underground corridor, took a good hour and a half to nail this sucker. The rest of the game was pretty straight forward and easy other than that.

Getting down the hill on SOG caused a headache for about 30 minutes too, but was easy enough when I finally sussed it.
  12. SilverSpider

SilverSpider Member

Ratings:
    +51
    Seriously :confused: ... even easier than MW2's campaign ?

I haven't touched single player yet but have done the last 3 games on Veteran.

If none of the levels are harder than CoD4's 'NFITWR' & W@W's 'Heart of the Reich' then I'll be happy :Das I rank them as the hardest in the series ....

even harder than 'Mile High Club' which I ended up enjoying on Veteran due to the fact it was less than a minute per attempt.
  13. jason g

jason g Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,273
    SOG for me, the others were not that hard.

maybe we should have a poll with all the levels of all the COD games to make up the hardest COD campaign ever.

example

COD2 - the hill.
    COD4 - NFITWR, mile high.
    COD:WAW - the reich level (not sure what it's called)
    COD:BOPS - SOG.

:D
  14. GarythePotato

GarythePotato Member

Ratings:
    +80
    I completed the campaign on Veteran earlier and it is definitely the easiest from Call of Duty 4 and up. My vote is finalised on "Executive Order," which is one of the two missions I had any trouble with. The rest were a walk in the park. "Rebirth" was stupidly easy compared to how difficult I thought it would be.

Pathetic multiplayer; great campaign :thumbsup:.
  15. Dubious

Dubious Active Member

Ratings:
    +379
    Well after completing the campaign on hardened last night I went back this afternoon to try SOG on veteran again well I finally managed to get it done, fourth attempt at 1st barrel I nailed it rest of level was easy enough from there, The Defector was pretty easy only died couple of times.
    Numbers up next tomorrow :D
  16. Rocket_Man

Rocket_Man Member

Ratings:
    +30
    I voted SOG too because I didn't know what to do and kept trying to push down into the infinite spawns. Once i figured out it was the barrels i needed to stab it was easy enough.

None of the missions were as hard as i expected (having played WAW) and i played through first time on Veteran.
  17. kav

kav Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +9,294
    Have you tried it since the patch? Pathetic is a bit strong, in fairness.
  18. CatManDo

CatManDo Member

Ratings:
    +101
    I am really struggling on the corridor section in 'Executive Order' make it to the corridor but always get killed!
  19. Dubious

Dubious Active Member

Ratings:
    +379
    Veteran all done :D:D:D

Just the intel and 3 zombie based achievements left to do now :cool:
  20. Azzin

Azzin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,001
    For me, it's the section after the "Stop the rocket launching" where you then go down a couple of tunnels, into a room full of servers and then another corridor (I don't pay much attention to level names :blush: )

That's where I'm stuck :mad: and it's interesting to see the comments about moving forward with a smoke grenade to get to a checkpoint.

At the moment, once I die, get bored/enraged I have to go back to the section looking down on the barrels pre rocket launch (3 minutes or so to get past them to the actual "stop the rocket" bit) and do that all over again. :suicide:

I might have to make a post in the Play & Help thread..... :oops:
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
  21. GarythePotato

GarythePotato Member

Ratings:
    +80
    I've played it every day since it came out. I used "pathetic" because it really makes me want to give up on the game altogether sometimes. Like, today for example, I was playing TDM and emptied nearly 100% of an AUG clip into a guy, which only resulted in hit markers. He turned around and shot me once with a Python and it killed me straight away. Upon further inspection of the Killcam, he hit me with a legshot.

:mad:.
  22. kfan

kfan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +547
    Smoke grenades and emptying clips down the corridor got me through this bit here. It's fairly sparse checkpoint wise so you've got to be wary, but the old infinite spawn can get you good and proper. It doesn't get much easier once you've got past that first section of tunnel and through the room...
  23. n8zi hunter 75

n8zi hunter 75 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    having only played the first 3 levels. i found Executive order the hardest level so far like most people are saying the underground section was a killer took me like 4 hours to do. But did it in the end.:clap:
  24. stevie1556

stevie1556 Member

Ratings:
    +11
    I'm still playing through on vet so I'll vote when I've finished it, although playing the multiplayer with the misses and the career mode with full race weekends take up all my time so probably won't be voting anytime soon! :(