1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boxing Discussion thread *spoilers* (part 2)

Discussion in 'Sport' started by Venu44, May 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hopeless

hopeless Active Member

Ratings:
    +344

No he didn't. Look at this pic:

Latest news, sport and comment from the Guardian | The Guardian

He had the bottle in his hand. Nothing smashed, Just beer that came out.
  2. SBT

SBT Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,497
    Both showed they are just as useless out of the ring as in it.
  3. Surebrec

Surebrec Member

Ratings:
    +111
    now that is funny, the thought of haye lying low, ******** bricks somewhere. big man when the camera's are on, fighting someone else who has just gone through 12 rounds, then lying low while the aftermath is in effect.

it could only get any funnier than that if they find him trying to sneak out of the country dressed as a 6ft3 jamaican woman or something.
  4. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Member

Ratings:
    +85
    Vitali was disappointing last night, but Del Boy did a lot better than I thought he would. He came forward, took the fight to Vitali and generally had a go. If the fight was at a neutral venue the scorecards would have been a bit closer, although I still feel Vitali would have edged it.

If it wasn't for his pre-fight antics - ie. slapping Vitali and spitting water into the fact of Wladimir - I think Chisora's performance may have endeared him to some new fans.

The post-fight activity has turned British Boxing into a bit of a laughing stock, with myself also laughing at Chisora and Haye. David Haye loves to talk and he was always going to turn the post-fight press conference into a "look at me" type of affair if he was given the opportunity to do so. Haye wants to fight Vitali and was merely trying to force the issue with his original comments and behaviour. Chisora isn't one to shy away from a bit of confrontation and controversy so was more than willing to have a face off with David Haye (when Haye called him a loser) at a press conference which had nothing to do with David Haye. There was only going to be one outcome when the post-fight adrenaline was still pumping and that was some handbags, which ended up getting out of control.

If Haye did "glass" Chisora, I am confused as to why he wasn't cut. Adam Booth claimed to have been bottled and has an injury to back up his claims.Chisora claiming he was going to shoot David Haye made the incident even more hilarious than it already was.
  5. jalaldevil

jalaldevil Active Member

Ratings:
    +954
    They both hold PhD & Degrees in Sport Science and Philosophy.
  6. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Member

Ratings:
    +85
    The more I look at the different the videos, the more I think David Haye inflicted Adam Booth's head injury with the tripod he aimed at Don Charles. I also think David Haye punched Chisora while holding a bottle but I don't think he bottled or glassed him. If he did bottle or glass him Chisora would have been bleeding and I haven't seen any footage of this yet.
  7. Surebrec

Surebrec Member

Ratings:
    +111
    they both come across as being incredibly humble as well. I don't think I could find anything bad to say about either of them, both professional, both inside and outside the ring. it's just a shame the heavyweight division is as stagnant as it is right now.

I think the only fight right now that would draw the kind of buzz the heavyweight division used to draw, would be klitchsko vs klitchsko, but they have both stated that that will never happen.

I reckon they will both keep plodding on until one or both is so far over the hill that they are a jaded shadow of their former best and end up getting outclassed due to age.

if I was vitali, after last night, I'd be thinking about retiring and dedicating myself full time to being in wlad's corner. he's no spring chicken, and it's only a matter of time before someone much younger comes along and dances rings round him, purely because body is no longer willing or able.
  8. shodan

shodan Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,344
    There is a lot of posts here which I completely agree with.

Haye is a prat. Always has been. Then he gives it the biggun and gobs off and Chorisa calls him on it. Both should have their licence revoked for their behaviour. Its a disgrace to the sport and completely unnecessary and completely avoidable.

Haye was not only the aggressor but from what I saw from the vid clip, he threw the first punch (probably whilst holding the bottle) AND starting swinging the camera tripod which given the proximinty to other people, I'd be VERY surprised if it didn't injure someone (probably Adam Booth) and then when Chirosa was going for him he pretty much ran away! He is more Chump than Champ! Not to mention that Haye seems to be avoiding the Police...

Thought Vitali was starting to look a bit past his prime during the fight so it may be time for him to hang up his gloves soon. Which is a shame as he is a great champion and a gentleman to boot.
  9. Desmo

Desmo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,045
    Whilst football can no longer be called the beautiful game, is boxing losing it's title of the noble art?

I know it's all about money, but when will people stand up to these idiots and remove them from the sport? I don't even follow boxing but it's just embarassing.
  10. Surebrec

Surebrec Member

Ratings:
    +111
    has haye resurfaced, or is he still AWOL?
  11. John

John Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,574
    I am sure I read last night that he checked out of the hotel straight away and went home to avoid further confrontation. His manager has said that they are happy to speak to the police , but they had not been contacted.

Who knows anymore. It's almost as scripted as WWE.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. richp007

richp007 Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,143
    Haye pretty much fled the country immediately. He will face no action either from the Boxing board as he isn't licensed currently. However he may not be granted a licence in future now.

As for Chisora, he might be screwed. With it being Olympic year and British boxing now being in the gutter, there are calls for the book - and then some - to be thrown at him. Not just for the brawl, but for his shameful antics pre-fight too. Personally I would kick him out the sport.
  13. Tetlee

Tetlee Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,680
    The vast majority of boxers show nothing but respect to each other and the supporters(with perhaps a little bit of bravado leading up to the fight to help sell tickets;)).

Unfortunately boxing doesn't receive much publicity and the only times it does is when it's negative such as Khan throwing his toys out the pram about being robbedm or idiots like Chisora and Haye behaving like a couple of thugs.

Big shame as it totally gives the wrong message about what a generally hugely respectful sport boxing is.
  14. Desmo

Desmo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,045
    I was careful to use the term losing rather than lost :)

I know we're talking about a minority here, but how long until it becomes the majority? Hopefully never but I'll not hold my breath.
  15. emcor99

emcor99 Member

Ratings:
    +112
    To all the self appointed sanctimonious people, how many of you watched these boxers during their careers?

Almost forgot the best Larry Holmes!
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  16. uberammerz

uberammerz Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Saw a picture of Chisora with a T-Shirt sporting the logo "Africa is the future" best go back then mate.

Speaking as a former amateur boxer, the pair of them are an utter disgrace to what used to be known as the noble art.
  17. davepuma

davepuma Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,013
    They all had a redeeming feature i.e. talent and aren't complete ******s like those two.
  18. Spligsey

Spligsey Member

Ratings:
    +39
    That Tyson video has amused me for years, never fails to raise a smile
    Absolute comedy gold:

Tyson - i broke my back
    Jim Gray - What do you mean by that
    Tyson - my back is broken
    Jim Gray - what part, the vertebrae?
    Tyson - Spinal

:D - legendary!
  19. cabanatuan

cabanatuan Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,728
    Thought this was the wwe thread at one point lol
  20. neilios

neilios Active Member

Ratings:
    +986
  21. namuk

namuk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,914
    love the pre match promotional fights there usually better than the main fights:laugh:that we pay for :(
  22. emcor99

emcor99 Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Are you John Terry in disguise?

We that makes it OK then :facepalm:
  23. JFRTDI

JFRTDI Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120
    Did anyone watch the Alexander & madiana fight last night? After alexanders last fight, it was defo an improvement. He looked better but still nothing spectacular.

The guy who fought before looked good, broner he was called. Seems to have the makings to be a very very good boxer and his record is pretty impressive too.

23 fights, 23 wins, 21 knockouts I think
  24. Tetlee

Tetlee Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,680
    I did, was a pretty good nights boxing.

Maidana was outclassed, shame really as will be tough for him from here. Alenxander looked very good though, never really looked in trouble, despite the cut.

Broner does indeed look very good, a prize prick who'll take over from Mayweather perfectly, but certainly has great potential and can imagine being gutted by outcomes of his fights for years to come:)

McAllister was disappointing eariler on, just seemed to give-up and the finish was a real anti-climax(and didn't seem at all geniune), that Russian guy was pretty relentless mind you, will certainly look out for his fights in future.
  25. davepuma

davepuma Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,013
    WBC have banned Chisora indefinitely. Not sure when his BBBC hearing is but it doesn't look like he'll get anything other than a ban there either.
  26. richp007

richp007 Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,143
    It's not looking good for him. If only he had thought about it before stepping up from the table. Haye had already "retired" so he couldn't be touched. But Chisora had everything to lose.
  27. Tetlee

Tetlee Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,680
    And to be fair probably not a great deal to gain. As much as I think he put in a great effort against Vitali, I think it was clear he gave his all and it still wasn't enough to beat a Klitschko.

I don't think I'm alone in thinking that to make a name for yourself in the heavyweight division in this time then you really need to beat at least one of the Klitschko's, I think Chisora would fall short of beating either sadly.

As I've said before since the Chisora post fight goings on, I personally hope that Haye doesn't get another shot, and besides if there's one Brit that stands a chance againts the Klits then for me it's Price all the way. Just hope Vitali doesn't retire before he gets his shot.
  28. cabanatuan

cabanatuan Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,728
    Good. nice one
  29. Tetlee

Tetlee Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,680
    Froch v Bute is set for 26th May at the Capital FM Arena in Nottingham.

My Birthday, would love to go up for it, if only I can get the wife to agree:cool:

[EDIT]Been given the go-ahead from the missus so going to be heading up with a couple mates from work:smoke:, any suggestions on where best to buy tickets ahead of this one?
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  30. DrWise

DrWise Active Member

Ratings:
    +947
    easy win for klitschko against Jean mormeck
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.