Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bluetooth Headphones for iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by neily1970, Apr 9, 2009.

1. neily1970

neily1970 Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Hi all, Can anyone let me know if its true that i can not use the iphone with bluetooth devices such as B/T speaker or headphones..I know im not able to send or recieve bluetooth from another phone ect but must admit i did assume it was capable of pairing to headphones (wot with being ipod integrated)

Im guessing this is a complete monopolisation by apple. its bad enough that the iphone requires all music and video, even photos to bypass Apple Itunes before any outside itunes media of any sort can be placed on the device, unless taken from the camera. It all seems very sneaky to my allready skeptical para state:rolleyes: I almost feel when i connect to the crappy itunes (which also has a habbit of crashing my laptop) that they have the abbility to dissapear my overly expensive phone.... like itunes wizardrey :eek:

Iv heard of random blocks being placed on others handsets smply because they could determine if certian 3rd party apps were on the phone....How do they know this? Big Brother springs to mind....Pheww thats better, Rant over but to my original question are there any bluetooth headphones i can use at all. Why dont apple uncripple the bluetooth features, then release their own brand b/t headphones and charge around the same as the phone...Watch this space:thumbsup:
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
  2. TRIXXY DIXXY

TRIXXY DIXXY Member

Ratings:
    +52
    I use a pair of these sony headphones. They come with a bluetooth dongle that you can plug into the iphone or an ipod. Once the 3.0 firmware is released you won't need to use the dongle with the iphone anymore to use the headphones.

To begin with I thought they would be a waste of money as i wouldn't be able to use them on a plane, however next time i was flying I found out that you can use bluetooth whilst onboard :)

I got them when they were on offer from play.com for £19.

Sony DR-BT22IK Bluetooth iPod Headphones: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

I'm guessing that you may even be able to hook up the iphone to a bluetooth car stereo by using the dongle that comes with the headphones. Think the password is set to 0000 by default.
  3. neily1970

neily1970 Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Thanx Trixxy:thumbsup:, will check that out. When you say when the f/w 3.0 is released then there would be no need for the dongle does this suggest a fix for the bluetooth.. would i be able to use any b/t headphones or just the sony's youv mentioned.
  4. TRIXXY DIXXY

TRIXXY DIXXY Member

Ratings:
    +52
    I'm under the impression that they are removing the restraints that they placed allowing stereo A2DP Bluetooth once 3.0 is released so you should be able to use any bluetooth headphones.
  5. J400uk

J400uk Member

Ratings:
    +13
    I use a Dell BH200 headset with a iHiFi Bluetooth dongle.

Does the trick, although I am looking forward to going dongle-less when the new firmware comes out.
  6. aphillippe

aphillippe Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Yes, a2dp is being introduced with iPhone os 3.0. The should mean compatibility stereo headphones, headunits etc.

Not to be too pedantic but under no circumstances could you say that apple has a monopoly. That's like saying coca-cola have a monopoly on drinks. Apple isn't even the market leader in terms of sales, afaik. Just because they engage in anti-competitive practices doesn't make them a monopoly. They have simply made a closed phone platform (never advertised as being open, btw) and until consumers don't have a choice, the word monopoly doesn't come into it.
  7. spinach_pie

spinach_pie Member

Ratings:
    +4
    forgive me if the question is stupid...

I have bought an iphone 3gs in the last week, and really hate messing around with wires and wrapping my headphones around my iphone.

Having bluetooth stereo headphones would be ideal. So would any bluetooth stereo headphones work with iphone? Would these work?

Sony Ericsson HBH-DS200 Bluetooth Stereo Headset

Thanks
  8. TRIXXY DIXXY

TRIXXY DIXXY Member

Ratings:
    +52
    Yep, those should work, although I prefer headphones as they don't have any wires at all.

Worth noting that only the play and pause buttons will work on the headphones, to change tracks you will have to use the iphone.

LINX B-Tube,Portable A2DP Bluetooth + MP3 Speaker: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

I've recently bought this bluetooth speaker to go with my iphone for my holidays. You can pause the music by pressing one end of it while the other end adjusts the volume. Its got a built in battery that lasts ages and comes with a charger. Its also a speakerphone so you can use it to make calls, really good value for £17 delivered (I should be on commission :D)