Blu-Ray Slipcover List & Discussion Thread: Part Eight

Anyone know if The Following Blu-ray television series comes with a slipcover? think it was released today and if anyone has any images of their set they bought, even better. :)

Excellent. :)

Good to see this thread active again :)

I picked up Alan Partridge Alpha Papa today from sainsburys (£12.99) really nice matte and gloss finish on it.

Bit gutted to see that the 2d superman slip looks so much better than the 3d one, i preordered the 3d edition from game but it hasnt come through yet, oh well. I opted purely for the 3d version due to me having thor, captain america, avengers in 3d .. Thought i would continue the 3d superhero theme, dont worry i know marvel and dc comics arent the same thing! ;) nor the same studio ie warner/disney/paramount

I am tempted by Only god forgives, anyone know if its good?

My despicable me 2 3D should be here this week too. I got it from the "auction" site :)

Good to see alot of slips released this week, smurfs 2, grown ups, planes 3d and hangover 3... I love the hangover trilogy box, may have to invest in that and flog my 1 & 2!​

Good to see this thread active again :)

I picked up Alan Partridge Alpha Papa today from sainsburys (£12.99) really nice matte and gloss finish on it.

Bit gutted to see that the 2d superman slip looks so much better than the 3d one, i preordered the 3d edition from game but it hasnt come through yet, oh well. I opted purely for the 3d version due to me having thor, captain america, avengers in 3d .. Thought i would continue the 3d superhero theme, dont worry i know marvel and dc comics arent the same thing! ;) nor the same studio ie warner/disney/paramount

I am tempted by Only god forgives, anyone know if its good?

My despicable me 2 3D should be here this week too. I got it from the "auction" site :)

Good to see alot of slips released this week, smurfs 2, grown ups, planes 3d and hangover 3... I love the hangover trilogy box, may have to invest in that and flog my 1 & 2!​
I've only read negative reviews of 'Only God Forgives'. I also heard that when the film was screened at Cannes the audience was booing and half walked out of the screening before the end.
With all the slips this week, my favorite movie of the week 'The Lone Ranger' doesn't seem to have a slip- anyone seen one? :(

Had my 'The Croods 3D Deluxe Edition' delivered today.
Not due until next week! Thanks Tesco.
Slipcover has title and picture of the characters in gloss, background matt.

I've only read negative reviews of 'Only God Forgives'. I also heard that when the film was screened at Cannes the audience was booing and half walked out of the screening before the end.
With all the slips this week, my favorite movie of the week 'The Lone Ranger' doesn't seem to have a slip- anyone seen one? :(

Lone Ranger didn't have one in Hmv.

Cannes isn't really the best thing to go by for such things, they have booed and walked out of some films that did very well when released.

I thought Only God Forgives was excellent and had sublime visuals. I have ordered the edition from France that I should get tomorrow or Thursday, suppose to come with a slipcover.

Have the 1st two so thought I'd grab this as well- has a nice slipcover- same kind of textured finish as Man Of Steel, Cloud Atlas and the original Back To The Future boxset.

Attachments

• DSC01903.JPG
    DSC01903.JPG
    864 KB · Views: 79
Lone Ranger didn't have one in Hmv.

I might grab the US release then- 'Elysium' and 'Prisoners' come out the same day too in the US so can order all 3 at once- and all have slipcovers :thumbsup:
The UK 'Lone Ranger' steelbook looks interesting but the price is bloody outrageous- they're havin' a larfff!!
:laugh:

Got two from France today, I'm very happy with the Only God Forgives one. It's a slipbox instead of a slipcover on Only God Forgives.

avgod_zpsf77c5f52.png

aveast_zpsd07e76a5.png

Hey does anyone know if there are any sites that sell just the slipcovers? I have bought beauty and the beast on blu ray but does not have a slip, it is the only disney film in my collection not to and it is sticking out a bit

Hi, anyone know is Smurfs 1+2 Double Pack comes in single case with slipcover/box or is like the standard 2 case thick box set. (I know the dvd double is a single case with slip so wondering if blu ray is same)

We're the millers has a slip!

Warner Bro's sure are on a roll as of late! :) (pacific rim 2d/3d, man of steel 2d/3d)

Anyone know if the television series The Tunnel, either DVD or Blu-ray editions come with a slipcover anywhere. I saw it in Asda today but no slipcovers.

Anyone know if the television series The Tunnel, either DVD or Blu-ray editions come with a slipcover anywhere. I saw it in Asda today but no slipcovers.
Was in HMV in the week and no slipcase on DVD. Blu-Ray's not meant to be out to 27 Jan. Being released by unknown studio (Acorn Media UK) so its anyones guess, my guess no slip.

That's odd, why are the different formats getting released on different days and by a different studio?

That's odd, why are the different formats getting released on different days and by a different studio?
as far as I know only 1 studio releasing it (Acorn). The DVD came out 13th (last Monday) and Blu-Ray is not out to 27th, according to dvd-subtitles.com, find-dvd.co.uk and Amazon, both from same studio. Not the first time this month that the Blu-Ray is being held back 2 weeks after DVD release. It is happening with Heretic horror movie, DVD 6th, Blu-Ray 20th, again both released by same studio, in this case 101Films. Just hope this aint gonna be new studio ploy to milk more out of DVD.

I was surprised to get Skyfall yesterday from Zavvi still with a slip.

I was surprised to get Skyfall yesterday from Zavvi still with a slip.

I love that feeling when I open a package and see a slipcover with an older release after buying online. Very nice surprise :thumbsup:

Couldn't believe my luck when I saw a mint used copy of 'Enchanted' at CEX yesterday. Been after this for ages!

Attachments

• DSC01914.JPG
    DSC01914.JPG
    576 KB · Views: 55
I love that feeling when I open a package and see a slipcover with an older release after buying online. Very nice surprise :thumbsup:

I would rebuy Quantum of Solace again if it still came with a slip as mine is a ex rental and no slip.

I would rebuy Quantum of Solace again if it still came with a slip as mine is a ex rental and no slip.

...just fyi, there was a HMV exclusive release with the standard slipcover but
NEX-5R.1 367.JPG
NEX-5R.1 368.JPG
NEX-5R.1 369.JPG
NEX-5R.1 370.JPG
NEX-5R.1 371.JPG
NEX-5R.1 372.JPG
NEX-5R.1 366.JPG
with a full colour booklet of Quantum Of Solace. (Booklet was called 'Bond On Set- Filming QOS' by Greg Williams.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom