Blu-Ray Slipcover List & Discussion Thread: Part Eight

If that's the case then they are putting less out compared to what they use to because the slipcovers use to be on the new releases for quite a while(including ones that are fast sellers), didn't have to worry about them no longer having slipcovers. :eek:

And no need to shout, with the all bold font reply. ;)

It's hard to tell what's going on with slipcovers/retailers and which store will get lots of them...and other stores only a few, or none at all!
That's the most annoying thing about being a slipcover collector- trying to find the bloody things- even on release day!
But maybe it's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase as they say! lol

(...was not shouting- sometimes I'll use bold lettering when replying to another quote just to make my reply easier to read and stand out a little from the quote).

Some slipcover editions I've got over the last few weeks:

Just got this one today from Asda, the title and rating stars on the front are embossed:

avcapt_zpsff526bfa.png

Also got this from Asda last week, title on front and spine is embossed:

avprisoner_zps0f42221c.png

And another from Asda, title on front and spine embossed:

avinside_zps96194321.png

The following three are all from America:

avriddickamerica_zpsbf1d2f1f.png

avcarrie_zpseec6e12f.png

avcloudy_zpsebf3948f.png

Carrie has a wonderful lenticular cover. Riddick has embossed title on front and spine with the whole slipcover having a shine to it and the Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs 2 has most of the front cover embossed - the title and the main image, the only things that are normal are the images around the border and the titles on the spine, you can also scratch Barry the strawberry on the front to smell the strawberry. :)

Also got Terminator 2 from South Korea and put it up in the steelbook section but the steelbook comes with a gorgeous slipcover, the T2 on the front is embossed:

t2steel_zpsabcd812b.png

^^^ How much was T2?

I got mine for £26.

Not as nice as the lenticular 3D release but the 2D slip has a nice foil finish with embossed text...

FDRXfjzl.jpg

^ Is that one from America region free? I'd rather like to get the lenticular edition.

Good deal- it looks absolutely gorgeous. South Korea seems to get so much nice stuff!

It was not a price I would normally pay for a film but I treated myself to it over Christmas, it's one of my all time favourite films so didn't mind paying that and wanted to upgrade to blu-ray. I'm just happy it arrived with no damage. It is a gorgeous one. :smashin:

'The Fifth Estate' has a nice embossed (all lettering on front and on the spine) and glossy slipcover. I don't think 'Blue Jasmine' has a slip- at least none at the store I was at.
'Machete Kills' comes with a lenticular slipcover.

Attachments

• DSC01974.JPG
    DSC01974.JPG
    608 KB · Views: 61
  • DSC01977.JPG
    DSC01977.JPG
    608 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC01976.JPG
    DSC01976.JPG
    704 KB · Views: 55
^^ Just fyi, I'm pretty sure 'Machete Kills' lenticular slipcover is not a HMV exclusive. ^^

I didn't say it was.Just where i got it from.

I didn't say it was.Just where i got it from.

...thats' what I thought- just wanted to clarify it in case some readers misunderstood your post. Thanks for the pic of the slipcover :thumbsup:

I didn't buy it as I've got the nicer American slipcover edition but saw in Asda today that the 3D edition of Thor comes with a slipcover but with the red border around the whole thing and the normal 2D edition had no slipcovers at all - don't know if that means the 2D doesn't come with a slipcover but they didn't have them in Asda.

I didn't buy it as I've got the nicer American slipcover edition but saw in Asda today that the 3D edition of Thor comes with a slipcover but with the red border around the whole thing and the normal 2D edition had no slipcovers at all - don't know if that means the 2D doesn't come with a slipcover but they didn't have them in Asda.

Yeah I think it's only the 3D set that comes with the slipcover- and it's a bit ugly imo.
The US 3D/2D combo pack is the one to get- looks absolutely gorgeous.

I wonder if the UK 3D is getting a lenticular anyone know?

Not interested in the 3D but I do like lenticulars! :)

^ It wasn't lenticular on the ones I saw today. So can't see it having a lenticular anywhere on the UK release anyway.

The US 3D/2D combo pack is the one to get- looks absolutely gorgeous.

Yep, that's the one I mentioned, it's lovely. Decided to go for it over the steelbook. :smashin:

Anyone know if either of the Gravity UK releases are coming with slipcovers? and what kind of slipcover? If they don't, I'll just order the American edition instead.

Both have slipcovers. Posted over at the 3D thread (lenticular):

c4aq.jpg

The standard edition has a holographic effect.

^^^ are those '12' ratings removable stickers?

2D Gravity

Attachments

• DSC01986.JPG
    DSC01986.JPG
    832 KB · Views: 123
Video snippet of 2D Gravity slip...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom