1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Ops 2 leaked by Amazon

Discussion in 'Call of Duty (COD) PS3' started by Soundburst, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Romero

Romero Member

Ratings:
    +50
    @soundburst can you please provide me with directions on how to select surround sound on the MW3 menus??? It's not there, also it took IW 3 months to fix the "broken" voice chat! it sounds like they agreed a deal with Treyarch to use their voice chat system.
    I take it when Blops 2 comes out we won't have to deal with you anymore as you won't be buying the game!
  2. GTeng

GTeng Member

Ratings:
    +88
    Unfortunately that doesn't work, since people who are arguing with him still quote his posts so you still end up seeing them!
  3. Clarky5000

Clarky5000 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +89
    I was kind of hoping that more would follow suit and click ignore ;-)
  4. GTeng

GTeng Member

Ratings:
    +88
    Well there's at least two ;) so far anyway!
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. StevePSIV

StevePSIV Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,093
    He has a point about people having slightly short memories when it comes to Black Ops and how bad it was to begin with.

Once we got through that though the game was pretty good in my opinion. Would definitely rate it as my second favourite COD to date (behind the legendary COD4 of course!).

It's too early to be talking about the next COD anyway.
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  6. Craig8718

Craig8718 Active Member

Ratings:
    +528
    No one is saying BLOP's was perfect?!

The problem people have with Soundburst is that he feels the need to repeat himself over and over and over and over again in almost every thread. He can take just about any thread and turn into a discussion about how much he hates Treyarch, how Treyarch have destroyed CoD, IW are awesome etc etc. it's beyond the point of boring now.

Besides, at least BLOP's got better patch by patch - MW3 is being destroyed patch by patch! :cool:
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  7. Soundburst

Soundburst Active Member

Ratings:
    +895
    Surely you don't believe your own hyperbole? Do I really do that? :confused: In here yes as it's a Black Ops thread and maybe just before Christmas just after MW3 launched when discussing the new title and how I found it better. But every thread? Deary me.
  8. Bane

Bane Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Hate to comment skill, Soundburst is clearly **** any FPS.

Mods you seriously need to look at Soundburtst's post history to punish him for trolling. I enjoy reading banter and great info on this forum, but the trolling by this individual, his agressiveness when he disagrees with someone is clearly made to wind up the indidual.
  9. willywinker

willywinker Member

Ratings:
    +257
    Yes you do or do you think its just coincidence that so many people think the same :boring:
  10. Soundburst

Soundburst Active Member

Ratings:
    +895
    I'm reading through all my threads here and not seeing many Treyarch posts. Certainly not outside a small number of call of duty threads. Strange that.
  11. Det

Det Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,810
    Lol. I dont remember passing the torch to soundburst.
  12. Soundburst

Soundburst Active Member

Ratings:
    +895
    Haha. Was it you that used to post threads, get insulted, then have others try to pass you off as the troll when all they've done is insult as opposed to reply? :laugh: Weird standards in this CoD section of the forum I must say. :clap:

Still waiting on this massive list of "every single thread he posts in" unrelated topical threads where I talk about Treyarch (as Willy and the other dude said). Can only recall this one, and one or two others based in the Call Of Duty section . . . you know. . . .where Treyarch develop some games.:hiya:

Anywho. . .I think the fact that more people would toss insults around at posters than actually talk about Black Ops 2 pretty much shows the feelings towards the game.
  13. Mr Noble

Mr Noble Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,404
    All those saying they won't get the game ...I'll give it 1 whole week after release and i bet it's showing on your trophy list :yawn:
  14. Honey Badger

Honey Badger Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,440
    LMFAO @ this thread.
  15. uzer

uzer Active Member

Ratings:
    +882
    Then have a conversation about Black Ops 2. Kind of hard to "talk" about the game when all you contribute to any conversation regarding a Treyarch developed product is bias garbage.
  16. Soundburst

Soundburst Active Member

Ratings:
    +895
    Gave my opinion on the original Black Ops in my first few posts in a thread about it's sequel. Sue me.
  17. PlayStation

PlayStation Member

Ratings:
    +143
    Black Ops was an ok game but on the 360 only, on the PS3, its a P.O.S.
    The sound is horrible. It never had the fun factor MW2 did. The lobby music is horrible too.
    The only reason Blops sold well was because it sold on the success of MW2, fact. Everything about MW2 was better. Hans Zimmer really made MW2 have the best soundtrack.

I want Blops 2, only if it plays like MW2.
  18. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,104
    Have you played WaW as opposed to Black Ops.

I can appreciate the comments regarding Blops as the sound is very different.

But I will strongly argue the audio for WaW is my personal favourite of every COD.

1. The air strike explosions are fantastic and many a time have I jumped when they started in my region.

2. The machine guns; i.e the browning, the submachine guns; PPSH and Thompson sound great.

3. Kiefer Sutherland going batsh@t crazy is great too.

4. The map music is brilliant.

5. The ambient sounds are great too. You can hear birds, crickets and all sorts in the background.

Listen to this for example (its a glitch video but I have no idea what the glitch is). Turn the sound up if its quiet.

19. Det

Det Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,810
    I think clarky is spot on tbh. If you dont like his posts then ignore them. I find his rants funny even if they are repetitive.
  20. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,104
    I don't have too much of an issue with his posts. He does come across as aggressive with his opinions though. And those seem to be centred on three things.

1. Treyarch are thieves with no innovation and Black Ops is the devils making and IW are godlike.
    2. People using the PP90 are noobs
    3. Battlefield 3 releases a lot of addon content.

And by aggressive I mean tone and more so specifically criticising those who disagree with labels; e.g. Noob
  21. Soundburst

Soundburst Active Member

Ratings:
    +895
    Look at this. This is a great post. He doesn't just have a bitch about my opinions and insult me. He actually. . . participates in discussion.

There were some nice atmospheric sounds in the game, and some of the maps had really interesting immersive and realistic soundscapes. Cliffside was one if I remember correctly. Though I found a lot of the ambience / soundtrack sounds to be unrealistic with random howls/vocals and various other supernatural sounding pieces in places which deserved solely in the zombies section.

Foley for me is my main issue with Treyarch. It's easy to mock me for saying "footsteps sound awful", "the guns sound like firecrackers you'd buy in ASDA" etc but to me, those foley sounds are a key part of the immersion of a game and you hear them constantly so they need to be brilliant. The footsteps and rustling of baggage alone is worlds apart from Treyarch games and IW and DICE. Explosions in BlOps I found pretty weak and tinny and the guns were mostly poor too.

Obviously as you point out there are some great sounds in there too for some aspects of the sound design! I'm not saying the entire game and all its contents sound crap but when they get simple things like Foley sounding so "eugh" it does grate on me.
  22. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,104
    Is that the Gay German? If not there is another to add to the list. I love that guy. Three army brutes and then the gay German alongside them.

And the quips they pull off are great too.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  23. Soundburst

Soundburst Active Member

Ratings:
    +895
    Not sure if you're being serious in your question but Foley is the name given to sound that is literal to what's happening on screen and usually recorded live by foley artists. Footsteps, movement sounds, guns, stuff like that. :)
  24. BontaKun3000

BontaKun3000 Member

Ratings:
    +38
    @Soundburst Yea ok so you don't like Black Ops and Treyarch, thats fine and dandy, so why in the hell did you make a thread about it's sequel?
    Thats just tells me you want attention.

If I didn't know better or infact I don't know better but I think you'd be the prefect wife in life, you certainly bitch like one.

I am myself did like Blops but not sure I'll jump on Blops 2 at release, unless the M14 is still there and plays as well as the MK14 then I might, it will be hard giving up my MK14!
  25. andyparksy

andyparksy Member

Ratings:
    +240
    Bingo. Now you are starting to understand what we are saying about you!

Am making an exception to my "ignore SB and pretend he doesn't exit" rule to just say, again, as I have mentioned a number of times, that the reason so many people find issue with you is the tone of your posts. They are so forceful of opinion, which is then repeatedly rammed down peoples throats even when you know they don’t agree with you, and with such little regard for other people’s opinions, that it does very very little to actually count as participating in a DISCUSSION.

You obviously have a lot of views which is fine by everyone, that's why we are on here, but you can get peoples backs up by having no regard to other views, which is why you so often get accused of trolling. Personally I would describe you as rude rather than a troll, but hey, that's just my opinion.

Anyhows, I actually really enjoyed Blops and will be sure to get Blops 2 for one simple reason..... Main enjoyment for me personally is not about sound design or any of the other bits that to me are incidental (possibly connection aside, but as many problems in MW3 on that one), but all about map design. Liked the variety in Blops maps and some better than others but all round I thought the maps were great.
  26. Soundburst

Soundburst Active Member

Ratings:
    +895
    OK. I'd like to publicly apologise to everyone. I'll not air any opinions just incase people get a wee bit hurt and upset :(

Sorry, please accept my most humble of apologies. I'll say "Whatever you think, I think", if a discussion thread ever pops up in future.

Any who I'm happy to leave this thread now and allow great Black Ops 2 discussion to begin!
  27. Det

Det Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,810
    BlOps 2 is gonna be great!

6 months after release! :rotfl:
  28. andyparksy

andyparksy Member

Ratings:
    +240
    Just in case anyone was in any doubt, the wording I have used in the above post (that coincidently or otherwise was followed by a promise by SB to leave the thread alone) is in no way copyrighted and as such can be used as people see fit, possibly in other threads in which they would like to express their own opinions.

Obviously not saying they have any magic properties or anything, but sometimes it's worth a shout.

Just saying, that's all

;-)
  29. Fmrl

Fmrl Active Member

Ratings:
    +413
    Treyarch could release "Call Of Duty : Miley Cyrus Sing-And-Dance-Along" and people would still buy it. No doubt come November I'll be in the queue just like everyone else :rolleyes:
  30. PlayStation

PlayStation Member

Ratings:
    +143
    Treyarch should just be banned from the COD series. They take a COD game, listen to people on Machinima, coupled with poor developers and end up with a snoozefest of a game.

They can make ok maps but that's it.