1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Ops 2 leaked by Amazon

Discussion in 'Call of Duty (COD) PS3' started by Soundburst, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Soundburst

Soundburst Active Member

Ratings:
    +875
    Wooohoooo.

This saves me a good amount of money as it now means I will definitely not be buying.

The ugliest looking, and worst (IMO it was slow, ugly, non cod like, awful era for weaponry all the guns looked and felt, and sounded crap, had healing and remote control cars speeding around like a racing game, had a lovely commando lunge built in. . .didnt work for 6 months. . ) call of duty ever is to get a sequel. It sold off the back of MW2 and unfortunately this means it gets another run.

http://translate.google.com/transla...-call-of-duty-black-ops-2-confirme-par-amazon
  2. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,104
    You are saying this like you did not know?

Its Treyarchs year and Black Ops 1 sold more than MW2 and MW3 in the UK and was a mega hit

News: Modern Warfare 3 fails to beat Black Ops numbers in UK - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

The game had serious bugs, but so does MW3. Black ops had worse bugs but still.

The question I want to know is will they be expanding on the Black ops engine or using IWs Modern Warfare engine

If they used the MW engine, would you then buy?
  3. PygoShlee

PygoShlee Member

Ratings:
    +146
    What do you mean sold off the back of MW2? It sells because it's Call Of Duty, end of.
  4. crocandy

crocandy Member

Ratings:
    +47
    I'll buy this. Ok graphics and sound was terrible. However, i thought they bought some good innovations to the game (not the bloody rc car tho).
  5. Soundburst

Soundburst Active Member

Ratings:
    +875
    MW2 was the true sequel to MW1 (the defining multiplayer experience this gen) and sold hugely. The follow up to MW2 was always going to be even bigger as Treyarch promised more balance than MW2 (people like me were disappointed that mw2 had unbalances and air support problems) etc so people like me bought it because we thought it would be MW2 but fixed and balanced. that's what I mean by "sold off the back of MW2".

It of course turned out to be nothing of the sort and instead it was your standard Treyarch affair. Slow. Ugly. Sounded like crap. And had healing and remote control speed cars.

As for Treyarch using the engine. All they do is modify IW's engine anyway.

They've been living off IW's games for numerous years now like a parasite. Having to do very little donkey work.

I'd liken it to a car manufacturer putting years into building a gen defining car. Only to have another manufacturer owned by the same parent company painting that car a special colour and giving it different headlights.

CoD is tiring as a franchise in its current state and it won't start to increase sales until next gen.
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  6. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,104
    I am guessing he meant people thought it would be the MW2 engine but with the annoyances removed; Commando/OMA

Remember there was no demo of the game so people did not know what they were getting till buying on release.
  7. Soundburst

Soundburst Active Member

Ratings:
    +875
    Exactly what I meant. People like me were disappointed in MW2 and Treyarch promised those would be fixed.

They "removed commando perk" (by making it default with no perk needed) and claimed other balances so they won people like me over. All MW1+2 fans who were disappointed in its sequel.
  8. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,104
    I do not think black ops was a remodelling of the MW2 engine. I am thinking this was brand new.

Its almost like they are damned if they do, damned if they don't.
  9. Soundburst

Soundburst Active Member

Ratings:
    +875
    I'd say it was based on their WaW engine which was based on COD4's engine.

It certainly looked more WaW than MW2 that's for sure.

It was WaW with dive to prone.
  10. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,104
    And COD4/WaW are the greatest CODs ever made. Ask 100 people 95 of them would agree.

They tried to improve the COD4/WaW engine. You have to credit them.
  11. Soundburst

Soundburst Active Member

Ratings:
    +875
    I cant give credit for taking someone's work and changing the name and calling it your own.

Can I write wonderwall. Keep the chords. Change the lead instrument to cello and release it? Doubtful. Yet it's all perfectly acceptable for Activision.

I'm sure IW are raging each and every time they see a Treyarch screenshot.

"I did most of that. An I don't even work for those guys!" they probably say.
  12. willywinker

willywinker Member

Ratings:
    +257
    I didnt for one second believe blops was the follow on to mw2. ANyone with half a brain knows cod4 n mw2 are a separate entity. Personally i cant wait for blop2 and challenges. I like the graphics for blops i didnt think the sound was awful either. As usual we differ in our opinions but i keep mine as my own unlike you who seems to speak for everyone.

I am sure iw are happy with the situation. Theatre first appeared in blops and then mw3. Iw bring innovations as do treyarch.
  13. Soundburst

Soundburst Active Member

Ratings:
    +875
    No one thought they were a continuation of a story. That would be silly.

But they thought the gameplay would be MW2 but balanced and with the much improved visuals.

I'll accept your opinion about gameplay but in terms of sound design and the quality of audio in afraid there's simply no way you can say Blops was acceptable.
  14. Brigggers

Brigggers Member

Ratings:
    +46
    Thats a ridiculous statement to make. 100's of games have been made using others engines, the company who makes the engine will license it out for others to use. Are you saying you cant give credit for halflife because it used a modified quake engine?
    Im sure either IW gave permission for treyarch to use their engine, or activision own it anyway. Its hardly like stealing the product and just changing the label.
  15. Soundburst

Soundburst Active Member

Ratings:
    +875
    You can look at the Half life engine and then look at the half life engine and go "Wow. Clearly a ton of work has went on top of the core foundations".

You can look at the Quake engine and then look at the Cod4, MW2 engine and go "Wow. Clearly a ton of work has went on top of the core foundations".

You can look at the MW engine and then the Black Ops engine and go "Wow. What a bunch of lazy free riding mongrels".
  16. crocandy

crocandy Member

Ratings:
    +47
    I'm looking forward to what Respawn Entertainment come up with. If, they were the original creators of MW whilst at IW then maybe they can bring something different to the FPS genre. I wonder if MW was as good as I remember it being or not. MW excited and thrilled me kind of like the first time i played Goldeneye on the N64 or CounterStrike on the PC. For me each CoD brings something new which i like but with each new addition the franchise seems to be diluted and i guess sooner rather than later the hype will not be able to hide that fact that the game is poor and does not work properly.
  17. Romero

Romero Member

Ratings:
    +50
    @soundburst good hope you don't buy it as all you do is moan about how **** Blops/waw! Why don't you stop being a troll on here sprouting the same crap! A lot of Cod players enjoy playing WAW and Blops and have to say blops was a lot more polished and bug free when it was released!
  18. Clarky5000

Clarky5000 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +89
    As much as it pains me i agree with Soundburst for once.

I know a lot of casual/occasional gamers that bought blops off the back of mw2(no doubt contributing to it's success). Theres a lot of people out there that don't know who treyarch/infinity ward are too. They just know it's "the new call of duty".

I also know quite a few people that didn't get mw3 because blops was so bad.

I just hope they fix connections on mw3 at some point as I won't get Blops 2 so am stuck with mw3 for another 20 months
  19. Brigggers

Brigggers Member

Ratings:
    +46
    The difference is theyre both working for the same people and making games for the same franchise. no cod game is ever vastly different to the last. would be stupid to build the game up from scratch when its basically the same game with different textures/models. How do you even know that they havent been told to do that by activision? save money and time.
  20. willywinker

willywinker Member

Ratings:
    +257
    Same sh*t different day

Those 4 words explain both cod and soundburst
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  21. Soundburst

Soundburst Active Member

Ratings:
    +875
    Havent you got videos of you lying prone waiting for someone to run around a corner to post?

This is a Black Ops 2 thread. :)
  22. TheRobotman

TheRobotman Active Member

Ratings:
    +544
    I'll be quite happy to buy Blops 2.

I've bought and enjoyed all of the CoDs since CoD4 and will continue to do so untill such time as i don't enjoy playing them anymore.

The current pattern of a Modern Warfare style game one year and a Historical one the next is fine by me too. We all got a bit bored of WWII shooters previously and when CoD4 arrived it was a breath of fresh air. Now the modern day genre is becoming saturated the same way as the WWII ones were a few years ago. I for one will be glad to get a new Cold War or WWII shooter.

It's not like they switch the servers off for the old ones is it? If you don't like the Treyarch games then continue to play the Infinity ones or vice versa if that's your boat. this is not difficult. :facepalm:
  23. uzer

uzer Active Member

Ratings:
    +879
    I look at MW3 in the same light. It looks like MW2, has the game name, same basic MW feel. But it's a flaming piece of donkey ****. The real Infinity Ward left after MW2 and Activision filled rank with a bunch of dippoops. Oh and as they couldn't find enough dippoops, they brought in a completely separate dippoop studio to help. Then grabbed up a 3rd dippoop studio to do the Elite side of it.

:facepalm:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  24. willywinker

willywinker Member

Ratings:
    +257
    Lol your pathetic. Just checked and i have 15 prone kills this prestige... Maybe 1800 kills which is less than 0.1%
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  25. Det

Det Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,766
    I must be one of the five. Didnt care too much for waw. I did like blops tho but not as much as mw2s potential to be great.

Mw was the defining CoD game.
  26. TheRobotman

TheRobotman Active Member

Ratings:
    +544
    I agree with AnthonyG, talks a whole lot of sense that guy. :thumbsup:

The rest of you need to give yourselves a good talking too, You lot want the moon on a stick so you do. :laugh:

WaW FTW!!!
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  27. Bane

Bane Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Soundburst shut up.

BLOPS was and is still the best COD. Better then anything IW make
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  28. conrod129

conrod129 Member

Ratings:
    +23
    Blops yuk, well let's hope they fix it.
  29. Bane

Bane Member

Ratings:
    +10
    oh and this is not a leak, everyone knows it will be called Black Ops 2, hardly a suprise there fella
  30. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,104
    Corrected it slightly. :)