Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bioshock: Play and Help Thread

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Games Forum' started by MANGABOY, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guns_LotsOfGuns

Guns_LotsOfGuns Moderator/Games Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,487
    I just took down my first big daddy and harvested my first little sister :devil:

I did actually feel slightly bad about it too...

The big daddy fight was awesome, i actually didn't use the vita chamber method i saved just before i turned him red and just went back to that point every time so he was full health and i have all my ammo, health & eve, that way i could plan my attack, i ended up setting up a turret, using telekinesis and electrobolt and some good old shooter skills and i took him down :thumbsup:

Lovin it :smashin:
  2. MANGABOY

MANGABOY Active Member

Ratings:
    +299
    Has anybody who's playin this at the mo have on the pointer option in the menu which arrows the direction which you should be going or have you turned it off so you can figure it out yourself
  3. erniebert1

erniebert1 Member

Ratings:
    +123
    Got mine turned off, personally think its makes a better game when you have to guess / work out where you need to ago as oppose to knowing already :thumbsup:

Also I know the graphics on the demo were outstanding but anyone think the graphics look even better on the real game or is it just me?
  4. oasismark

oasismark Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,908
    Turn the pointer off straight away, it spoils it.

You have a map anyway, no need for a guiding arrow aswel.
  5. Shomtech

Shomtech Member

Ratings:
    +8
    This game is great, arrived at 10.30am this morning and i have been exploring till now, slightly different from the demo,as in, where you get upgrades and stuff. Found a gun plasmid thingy, before you get to the first big daddy, makes you shoot and aim more effecively, first big daddy keeps kicking my ass, so i have decided to turn it off and take a breather before going in to wipe the floor with him:clap:

Great game, my weekend is over.....:thumbsup:
  6. WATTS

WATTS Member

Ratings:
    +54
    I hacked my first gun turret last night and also hacked my first first aid point (which will deal pain to my enemies if used!) :D

Game is really good but it can get hectic in parts with the splicers...

I think i want to help the little sisters but not sure how to do that just yet?
  7. Shomtech

Shomtech Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Just beat the first 2 big daddies, found stunning them with the electric plasmid then unloading on them with shotgun/machine gun works best,but its gettin alot harder, harvested one little sister and saved two....but now i am starting to realise how important ADAM is to your upgrades i am thinking i shouldve harvested all of them,aaargggggggg what to do, i have been saving at certain points though so i can go back and change the play if i think i have made a bad decision:smashin:
  8. DaddyDee

DaddyDee Member

Ratings:
    +90
    :thumbsup:

This is a top game, I'm very impressed. I'm just a little stuck trying to find >
    Dandy Dental , so I can get the new plasmid
    < Could some one give me a clue where it is, I'm sure I've been everywhere on the map available?
  9. Nemesis X2

Nemesis X2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +821
    Had a quick go on this this afternoon and loved every second. It really is awesome.

Need to get really stick in later though.....
  10. CDR

CDR Active Member

Ratings:
    +319
    Spoiler:
    >
    Dandy Dental is downstairs under the surgery rooms. there's stairs left and right of the door that leads to surgery, go down the stairs and you'll be greeted with a big pile of ice. The new plasmid has been mentioned earlier in this thread, because I asked for help on how to find it !
    <
  11. sirp

sirp Member

Ratings:
    +20
    i left the arrow on, i found stopping, bringing the map up, moving on a bit, bringing the map up again a bore.

Not a big fan of the map in this game, you should be able to zoom in a lot further. Later levels are a bigger pain with the map.

not sure why an arrow telling you where to go spoils a game, its not about your navigation skills, but battle skills.
  12. Geezer

Geezer Member

Ratings:
    +25
    Im really not too sure about this, yes its ok but i so far cant see what people are raving about. I was far more awestruck with Gears of war.

Little help

I am about to finish the second bit but its telling me i have missed three of the girls, i have beaten two big daddies but cant find the girls anywhere.
  13. CDR

CDR Active Member

Ratings:
    +319

Aren't they always near their daddy, crying?
  14. Geezer

Geezer Member

Ratings:
    +25
    Yes, but as i died taking them on they came after me, once i killed them the girls are no where to be seen.
  15. grounded_dreams

grounded_dreams Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know when in the game you can buy/get more slots for plasmids etc, because I've already got quite a few in the Gene Bank.
    Im currently in the Neptune's Bounty section btw if that helps.
  16. captainH

captainH Member

Ratings:
    +87
    Yes I ended up killing a couple of big daddies only to find no little sister with them so a real waste of ammo and health. Seems best to check they have a girl with them before killing. Go back and hunt round, you will still find 3 knocking around.
  17. BD Ashby

BD Ashby Member

Ratings:
    +40
    This is a great game :thumbsup:

I put it on this afternoon only wanted to have a quick half hour just to get into it .............................

THREE AND A HALF HOURS LATER :thumbsup:

Im still running round loving every second of the game. As everyone has said it realy pulls you in and you just dont want to put it down.
  18. captainH

captainH Member

Ratings:
    +87
    You need to harvest some Adam from a little sister which can then be spent at a Gatherer's Garden vending machine to buy extra slots.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. captainH

captainH Member

Ratings:
    +87
    Have been playing this solidly for 5 hours on a 106" screen today and it's really one of the most intense gaming experiences I've ever had. Thoroughly recommended!

P.S. if you have a decent subwoofer those big daddies shake the whole damn house!
  20. Mandark

Mandark Member

Ratings:
    +16
    How many hours is the standard gameplay?
  21. Tman666

Tman666 Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Anyone worked out who the big daddy with no little sister keeps banging on the walls at certain spots?
  22. captainH

captainH Member

Ratings:
    +87
    I did read 20 hours somewhere but it would probably end up being even longer as it's one of those games that you just want to go looking in every nook and cranny.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  23. Mandark

Mandark Member

Ratings:
    +16
    As long as it's not too hard, I might give it a whirl.
  24. leeb

leeb Member

Ratings:
    +54
    Yep, found that out too! :suicide:

There's always 3 little sisters on each level and maybe more Big Daddies stamping around on their own. Just listen out for the girl saying great things like "ready for dream time Mr. Bubbles!" :)
  25. jason g

jason g Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,395
    havent got it yet but when i do, shes a gonna.:D

with health etc, it has different options, for example if u drink wine it removes health but replaces eve.
  26. Coolit

Coolit Member

Ratings:
    +58
    Does anyone find themselves wanting to search "EVERYTHING" for inventory? I've never really done that in other games but for some reason I'm looking/searching it all!
  27. tony kop77

tony kop77 Active Member

Ratings:
    +48
    How are you lot killing the enemies, do you shock them then hit them with crow bar or just shoot them?
    I am trying to find the dr to get the keys off him, not seen big daddy yet and only got about $60 and 4 health packs plus a machine gun, rifle, pistol and a fire plasmid and electric one.
  28. CAS FAN

CAS FAN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,049
    Just got to Neptunes Bounty after dispatching my first Big Daddy. They are crazy things and there's no way you could do one of them without dying! I think I died 3 times before killing him and that with shocking him and using armour piercing rounds. If it wasn't for the chambers that I don't think I could kill a big daddy :eek:.

I'm enjoying the game a lot and it's pretty much as I thought it would be. When it comes to the FPS action and the actual killing things, there's loads of better games about. It's how this game sucks you in and really makes you feel part of it and that you really are this character in an underwater city that makes it so great. The shooting side of things is OK, but nothing special, but the added strategy of using plasmids and the environment (water, oil etc.) does add to it greatly. The atmosphere created by the sound and the graphical setting is just amazing and better than in any other game that i've played (including Half Life 2) and simply makes this a game that you just want to keep playing! The combat is the weak point of the game, but it does the job, just nowhere near as well as say HL2. That said, i've hardly got any Plasmids yet and the combat element could improve once i've got a better selection of Plasmids.

It is a classic game though and I already want to play some more and i've just had to turn it off to get some sleep. As you play through this game you are really aware of how much of a labour of love this must have been for the developers. The attention to detail and the imagination that has gone into the world of Rapture is just staggering. :)
  29. tony kop77

tony kop77 Active Member

Ratings:
    +48
    How do you get more slots so you can have moe than 2 plasmid ?
  30. -Jay-

-Jay- New Member

Ratings:
    +137
    I couldn't see how either and i'm on my way to Neptunes Bounty but there are some red doors that just won't open for me to get in the room that are greyed out on the map, anyone been in them rooms yet?

I'm almost at the doctor i've used telecanisis to unblock the door he ran into but i don't want to move on until i've checked them rooms.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.