Bioshock 2: Play & Help Thread

started into multiplayer side of this last night. In no rush to start singleplayer just yet. Teamed up with two friends and I was surprisingly impressed it has a solid structure the party system, setting up loadouts and the trials all gives me a sense of Modern Warfare 2 which isn't a bad thing, its like when games started realizing Halo party system was critical to good multiplayer, Bioshock 2 seems to have went one further and not copied but took inspiration from how Modern Warfare works.

The actual gameplay is frantic as you say and kind of feels like a cross between Unreal and Team Fortress. The big daddy suit in civil war (only mode i've played) can be a game winner but can be useless if not used correctly, one enemy grabbed it in front of me last night in what can be describled as a morg area and me and friend took it down without loosing a life he was standing in water so electric shock and freezing with machine gun fire done the trick so they aren't impossible. On the flip side an opposition team picked suit up and all splicers sticked with the daddy and that became nearly impossible to contend with.

all in all very happy with multiplayer but with AvP and BFBC2 coming very soon I just fear for its lifespan.

started into multiplayer side of this last night. In no rush to start singleplayer just yet. Teamed up with two friends and I was surprisingly impressed it has a solid structure the party system, setting up loadouts and the trials all gives me a sense of Modern Warfare 2 which isn't a bad thing, its like when games started realizing Halo party system was critical to good multiplayer, Bioshock 2 seems to have went one further and not copied but took inspiration from how Modern Warfare works.

The actual gameplay is frantic as you say and kind of feels like a cross between Unreal and Team Fortress. The big daddy suit in civil war (only mode i've played) can be a game winner but can be useless if not used correctly, one enemy grabbed it in front of me last night in what can be describled as a morg area and me and friend took it down without loosing a life he was standing in water so electric shock and freezing with machine gun fire done the trick so they aren't impossible. On the flip side an opposition team picked suit up and all splicers sticked with the daddy and that became nearly impossible to contend with.

all in all very happy with multiplayer but with AvP and BFBC2 coming very soon I just fear for its lifespan.

Its best to keep team mates with you when you are the big daddy as they can draw fire away from you whilst you can pick off others maybe coming from another direction. I like to plant sticky grenades at doorways nearby so you get at least some kills that way.

Well last night I entered the level were that guy at the start
fires a rocket at the train

I have now got past the part were you got the gun that sticks people to the walls (forgot name) ?!

I think I'm near the end of this level and it's been a great level best so far. Much more cool moments.
Creepy moments. Plasmids got better had 2 big daddies and a big fatty in a 3 way fight :D

Was on it for about 3 half hours last night and it was alot better than previous tedius levels.

How far am I from the end?!

Supposed to be returning it tonight. Might have to pay a late fee charge I thinks :nono:

Had my first go on MP last night and I have to admit to being quite impressed with the attention to detail given to it. Easily on par with say that of COD. The mix of weapons, plasmids and tonics works really well and I like the ability to 'research' dead opponent bodies to improve weapon damage. It provides a great range of opportunities and strategies to play with.

Sadly the same can't be said of the gameplay. Every game seemed laggy and pot luck if you could kill anyone at distance, sometimes even if they were standing right in front of you! Shame as it could actually be real fun to play.

Had my first go on MP last night and I have to admit to being quite impressed with the attention to detail given to it. Easily on par with say that of COD. The mix of weapons, plasmids and tonics works really well and I like the ability to 'research' dead opponent bodies to improve weapon damage. It provides a great range of opportunities and strategies to play with.

Sadly the same can't be said of the gameplay. Every game seemed laggy and pot luck if you could kill anyone at distance, sometimes even if they were standing right in front of you! Shame as it could actually be real fun to play.

u won't kill players of higher ranks as they will have better weapons/plasmids.

example - i use machine gun and ice plasmid, fully charged ice reduces movement so i can kill them easy, i also have houdini plasmid for invisibility which is handy if im being chased i can use it and sneak behind them, i also have a grenade launcher with homing rockets which i use from long range to wear down enemies health.

once u rank up and u get trails which give u more adam which helps to rank up, don't worry about dying as i died loads of times at the start, play civil war as it's a TDM game which will give u a better chance of kills.

it's a good game online, i still say my idea of a big daddy on both sides chosen randomly rather than having to look for the suit is better, a bit like becoming the tank in left 4 dead, 2 big daddys fighting each other would have made the game better as most people know where the suit spawns now and people camp nearby.

Just finished writing my review. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease open a review thread for it now :D.

It's just froze on me 5 times in a row after 2 mins of gameplay.

I have cleaned the disc (immaculate anways)

Looks like the end of the road for Bioshock 2

Just Bioshock 2 freezing... or have you tried any other games?
This sounds like what I used to get on my 1st 360, at 1st it froze with just one game (Oblivion) then eventually with them all... I got it replaced at Game after only having it for one month... in the end it was the DVD drive dying.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
It's just froze on me 5 times in a row after 2 mins of gameplay.

I have cleaned the disc (immaculate anways)

Looks like the end of the road for Bioshock 2

I had a problem with mine freezing in multiplayer, but not had an issue single player.

I had a problem with mine freezing in multiplayer, but not had an issue single player.

mine has froze on mp about 10 times, it's a common problem with this game.

u won't kill players of higher ranks as they will have better weapons/plasmids.

Nah its nothing to do with levels, its just general lag, either from my connection, poor netcode or both. It just feels like its 50/50 if i'm goig to hit someone who is dead in my sights. Once I leveled up to get the rocket my kill ratio went up, its the AOE, that means I can still damage enemies even though they may not be exactly when they are on my screen.

Had a few freezing episodes on single player mode.Normally does it when its going mental in the game.I hoping its not my xbox as its another recent refurb (2nd) after the 3 rings of death.

Still i lived with it as im a saver so not to much back tracking.

Superb game just finished it :thumbsup:

Still can't pull myself away from the mp in this at moment. On rank 11 now, I don't seem to have a problem getting kills against players of higher rank than me it all depends on your loadout. The pistol is probably one of the best weapons i have and you get it from the start.

Not had much lag in games but the mp freezing has been an issue has happened twice now on me.

Not had much lag in games but the mp freezing has been an issue has happened twice now on me.

I was having freezing issue when I 1st started MP. Read somewhere in gamesfaq to clear the cache. Works fine now.

Since then, Only freeze once when the host left mid-game. Hate it when host is on the losing team and quit mid-game. You lose all the bonus and stats :mad:

Im playing on hard and have got to the 1st challenging part which is the 2nd fight againt a big sister in Paupers Drop. Gave it couple of quick goes last night but no luck so will have a proper go tonight! :thumbsup:

I didn't like the first one, but finding this one much better. I like linear games lol.
How long does it take to finish the game approx?

And anyone know where you can find out how long your game's been in progress?

On the save screen, there's a time on there, but it doesn't relate to my playing time, at least i don't think it does.

Just had a quick go of the Multiplayer game and really enjoyed it.

I just have a couple of questions.

1, I don't have an on screen map of the area showing enemies etc, is this the case or am I being really thick?

2, When it anounces a big daddy suit has arrived I get no indication of where. Is it just pot luck if you discover it?

Thanks

Mike

1, I don't have an on screen map of the area showing enemies etc, is this the case or am I being really thick?

2, When it anounces a big daddy suit has arrived I get no indication of where. Is it just pot luck if you discover it?

Thanks

Mike

1. There is no map of the areas on-screen.

2. Yes its pot luck at the beginning. As you get to know the maps you will eventually have an idea where it will be, only problem is so will the other people that have played it alot.

Thanks

Mike

u have to just get used to where they spawn, sometimes they are in certain places, on the area with the plane wreck one will spawn near the turret high up or the opposite side where the turret is aiming forward, once u get used to the around about areas u should be ok.

in single player when u gather adam with a little sister im on spoiler - paupers drop, i have just picked up a second sister and she is locating the adam inside a building with king above it, there's a chain lock on the door, how do u get in? - end spoiler.

Completed it now on highest difficulty without using a vito-chamber, so feeling quite pleased with myself at the moment. Even managed to find all the Power to the People stations without the walkthrough. Brilliant game. Never used my XBox for MP gaming but thinking I might have to as I want the achievements.

in single player when u gather adam with a little sister im on spoiler - paupers drop, i have just picked up a second sister and she is locating the adam inside a building with king above it, there's a chain lock on the door, how do u get in? - end spoiler.

just got through that bit last night,
is it the door with 'king Pawn' above it, if so the story takes you into the room from a hole above it to collect something, then the door was broke open for you to get back out. When I done it the adam wasn't actually in there but in another section on past it if I remember correctly near where you had to use the item you had to collect

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom