Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bioshock 2: Play & Help Thread

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 First & Third Person Shooters' started by LukeGriffiths, Feb 7, 2010.

1. DJSigma

DJSigma New Member

Ratings:
    +1,910
    I've been playing it this afternoon. I agree with you - it's excellent. Just the sort of DLC I want.
  2. MikeKay1976

MikeKay1976 Active Member

Ratings:
    +548
    completed this yesterday (main game NOT the DLC) fantastic game, loved every minute of it.

only minor annoyance, i completed on hard, but did not realise there was a "win the game with vita chamer disabled" achievement.

given that i 99% of the time reloaded my save anyway, as i felt it was a bit like cheating using it, i wish i had done the game with it turned off, as i missed out on the achievement.

i may bang through the game on easy at some point anyway, but at the same time, as good as it was, i have a lot of other games on the go.

7.99 brand new for the game, very well spent!.

I took online for the 1st time yesterday, just a quick free for all, and great fun it was too, just an easy leg around no holds barred shootem up.

also, not sure if it was just chance, or if it has a decent match making, but most of the time i was with other bronze, < level 10 players, which meant that i was able to hold my own -albeit never won as i could never find the big daddy suit which is kind of important. - saw it once, and was just about to get it and was shot in the back - gutted!.
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
  3. DJSigma

DJSigma New Member

Ratings:
    +1,910
    I finished Minerva's Den earlier. If you enjoyed the single player game and are looking for more, it's a great buy. I dunno exactly how long it took me to complete, but I would say a good 5 hours or so.
  4. Alex_976

Alex_976 Member

Ratings:
    +13
    I've had the Rapture Metro DLC for this for a while and have never played any of the DLC maps :S
    Is anyone up for boosting to get the 'chevs?

My gamertag is: xxx BIG AL xxx
    Just send us a message saying Bioshock 2 DLC and i'll add ya. I believe we need 6 people total.
  5. Algoz

Algoz Member

Ratings:
    +16
    I have downloaded this DLC - how do you activate it in the game????
  6. DJSigma

DJSigma New Member

Ratings:
    +1,910
    When you start the game, choose Single Player, then choose Downloadable Content and it'll be listed there. Once you've started it, you can choose the regular Continue Game option to carry on.
  7. Algoz

Algoz Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Thanks very much for that! :)
  8. ODB_69

ODB_69 Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,964
    havent started this yet as only just finished number 1 (revisited it 2 years later and suddenly got really into it) but which of the DLC is single player focused? not bothered about multiplayer
  9. DJSigma

DJSigma New Member

Ratings:
    +1,910
    Minerva's Den is the story based DLC. The Protector Trials is single player too, although in that you basically fight your way through waves of increasing difficulty, while trying to protect a little sister as she harvests adam.

All of the DLC is reduced in price this week for DOTW, except Minerva's Den, but it's well worth the asking price IMO. I've got Protector Trials too, but I wouldn't buy that, even at half price, unless you really like that element of the main game.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. ODB_69

ODB_69 Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,964

nice one, may buy it later.

Do you know if i spend over 2400 MS points do I get 800 credited back to me automatically? 1600 for RDR plus that would take me to 2400
  11. DJSigma

DJSigma New Member

Ratings:
    +1,910
    If you spend over 2,400 in October, then you get 800 back, but you won't get the 800 back until on or around November 30th. There's some confusion over what counts in this offer and what doesn't, as I've read in some places that discounted content doesn't count towards your 2,400, but other people say it does. Minerva's Den and the RDR pack should entitle you to the rebate though as that's full priced content.
  12. ODB_69

ODB_69 Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,964

as minervas den is full price and I'm in no rush (not touched B2 yet) so will prob be lowered at some point I might just buy Dead Rising case zero....along with a few themes I have bought previously this will push me over 2400
  13. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,254
    Incredible Single Player so far, lots of room for exploration, and it only cost me a fiver for the game. Bargain!
    At the bit where I need to help some lady escape after talking to her on the intercom (chapter 2) but I keep getting killed by those splicers as they do give you alot of damage, playing on medium so I guess I need to find more amo in my rivert gun as it keeps running out.
  14. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,254
    I've now adopted a girl, when I put her down to get some ADAM the splincers just come in packs and seem relentless, I just keep dying as I try to protect the little girl. Any tips?
  15. Griffith400

Griffith400 Member

Ratings:
    +58
    Majnu,

Been a while since I've played this but I think my solution at this point was to use the rivet gun with rivet trap ammo.

Before letting the girl start collecting Adam, I lined as many of the surrounding Walls with rivet traps as poss and then just stay clear to pick off any stragglers :)

I enjoyed the single player campaign a lot but didn't enjoy trying to get the MultiPlayer Cheevos :(
    The higher ranked players just dominate and I found it really frustrating.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. iPooooon

iPooooon Member

Ratings:
    +72
    is it essential to harvest all of the little sisters (for the adam) or is it ok to just kill the big daddy and then take the little sister straight to a vent?
  17. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,254
    Sorry I forgot about this.

I think I will play the game on an easier level and then go back to a harder level at a later date.
  18. campy mccamper

campy mccamper Active Member

Ratings:
    +460
    Right only just got around to playing this game and loving it so far, however I am only on the 3rd level and have already had 3 or 4 freezes. Most of them have been when hacking machines. Is this a problem with the game or a bug?
  19. RedAl

RedAl Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,527
    I dont think I ever experienced this when I played it last year.
  20. campy mccamper

campy mccamper Active Member

Ratings:
    +460
    It seems fine now mind you it's a 3 quid game from the car boot so it is hardly in tip top condition.