Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best way to join merge mts files ???

Discussion in 'Camcorders & Video Editing' started by zakdk, Jan 17, 2012.

1. zakdk

zakdk Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Hi guys got a panasonic HD cam a few weeks ago and after taking some footage i now want to join the footage into one ,but have really no clue whats the best way to do so any help much apreciated :thumbsup:
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,096
    A video editor is the best way but you can use the free TSmuxergui to just join the clips.

tsMuxeR 1.10.6 - VideoHelp.com Downloads

Use the add button to load the first clip and the join button to load the rest.

Set the file destination and name, click on M2TS and start muxing.
  3. Bob++

Bob++ Member

Ratings:
    +61
    You probably want to look at an edit programme like MAGIX Movie Edit Pro MX Plus. This will not only let you join clips but cut out the wobbly bits, add titles and fade from one clip to another. They will do a lot more but that's enough to start with.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. zakdk

zakdk Member

Ratings:
    +7
    ........thaxs guys free TSmuxergui works wonders joining several mts footage of the same event into one file and the best of all my panasonic tv plays streams the mts file so no need for further convering....
    .... might start like bob says and edit the wobbly bits ...would sony vegas be a good eiting software or just stick to MAGIX Movie Edit Pro MX Plus???????
  5. grahamlthompson

Ratings:
    +3,096
    Either, both have free trials so try them both out and decide which does what you want. If you want to burn HD content to DVD blanks and have (or thinking of getting a blu-ray player), the process is a lot simpler using Magix. Also if your camcorder records 5.1 surround sound then Magix is a better option as 5.1 support in Vega Movie Studio is limited.

Look for the thread about best bangs per buck in video editing software.

Incidentally TSmuxer can chop out bits buts it's not exactly user friendly.

Don't expect either to join clips at the lightning speed Tsmuxergui can manage, Only Videoredo H264 version of Videroredo TVsuite can nearly match the speed but also allows you to join all the clips then cut out sections and remux the output very quickly. There's no fancy titling or clip transistions though.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. zakdk

zakdk Member

Ratings:
    +7
    thanks alot for these programs i will be going through them and trying them and then i will be telling yous what i think cons and pros........by the way i quickly tried TSmuxergui and its super fast in joining ..i read in somewhere though that there is a audio sychronising problem with this software but havent had time to playback my merging files to confirm it.
    Basically i store my files on my 2TB WD external hardisk. Which i just conect to my laptop and via Twonky manager can watch what i want through the tv media server i think this way is simple quick and easier than disks are .
  7. chrishull3

chrishull3 Active Member

Ratings:
    +255
    Basically i store my files on my 2TB WD external hardisk. Which i just conect to my laptop and via Twonky manager can watch what i want through the tv media server i think this way is simple quick and easier than disks are .[/QUOTE]

You can do that quicker than the 2 secs it takes to insert and play a HD disc :laugh:
  8. zakdk

zakdk Member

Ratings:
    +7

You can do that quicker than the 2 secs it takes to insert and play a HD disc :laugh:[/QUOTE]
    ...it depends if you are talking about 1 disc or the last 10 years of you personal footage.....:hiya:
  9. chrishull3

chrishull3 Active Member

Ratings:
    +255
    ...it depends if you are talking about 1 disc or the last 10 years of you personal footage.....:hiya:[/QUOTE]

All my 31 years video is on external hard drives :Di still prefer to play edited discs though,laptops lose some of their mobility permanintly coupled to tvs :)
    Seriously its what we like best that counts good luck with your set up.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. muney

muney Member

Ratings:
    +0
    guys i have a panasonic HD camcorder and i also would liketo merge the files, but with TSmuxer its very hit n miss..
    on my computer, the movies are very fluent and the handover of the individual .m2ts files are fine and play well.
    however when i play the merged file onto my media player (egreat, same as PCH A110) i get the dreaded picture freeze where the picture freezes but the sound keeps on going. its honestly doing my head in and have no idea whey this happens..can anyone shed some light on this??
  11. grahamlthompson

Ratings:
    +3,096
    Do they play fluently on a PC with Splash Lite ?

Free Splash Lite - Next Generation Player homepage
  12. muney

muney Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes using a PC the file plays fine using splash lite. I do not want to edit the file, I just want to join the files. Are there any other programs like tsmuxer I could try and use. A lot of programs waste time re-rendering files, which I don't want to do. Tsmuxer is great and quick in this regards
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  13. grahamlthompson

Ratings:
    +3,096
    Is your network up to streaming HD ?. Have you tried streaming an original clip ?.

Try creating .ts and .m2ts files with TSmuxer.

Try remuxing the tsmuxer output file with AV2HDR (ignore the two extra support files it creates).

http://www.avforums.com/forums/freesat/1411342-av2hdr-v1-5-ftp-transfer.html

Only other programme I know that's anywhere near as fast as TSmuxer is Videoredo TV Suite H264 version. It's not free though.

http://www.videoredo.com/en/Download.htmhttp://www.videoredo.com/en/Download.htm

What are you using on the PC to stream the data. ?
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  14. zakdk

zakdk Member

Ratings:
    +7
    ...i use twonky manager to stream from pc to tv
  15. zakdk

zakdk Member

Ratings:
    +7
    ...i find tsmuxer GREAT and easy and quick the only disadvantage is when joining files you have to add the first file then (add)join every subsequent file which is pretty stupid if you have many .A copy all and paste would have made life easier........
    Does anyone know after joining is it possible to unjoin and go back to the original state of multiple files again???????
  16. chrishull3

chrishull3 Active Member

Ratings:
    +255
    If you have a collection of files on an editing progamn clicking on on the first one then click Ctrl A then if you drag the first file down to a time line all the files will load and follow down to the time line.
  17. grahamlthompson

Ratings:
    +3,096
    Bit puzzled, TSMuxer produces a new joined file, your original files aren't deleted.

Selecting a group of files in Windows explorer using the usual shift and crtl keys and then dragging the selection to the join button is supposed to work. I can't get this to work though :confused:
  18. zakdk

zakdk Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Hi graham as i store my files in my 2 TB hardisk i will eventually run out of space so i dont know if there is any use of keeping all those multi files that i make into 1 file in order to preserve space and easier to know where is what,or should i keep both original and the joined file.The other day i had my sons birthday party so i took over the hole party day about 10 segmnets and then transfered them into 1 big joined file.
  19. grahamlthompson

Ratings:
    +3,096
    If for any reason you want to extract a smaller clip from the big file TSmuxer has an option to split files as well as join them. (Split and cut tab)

If you use an editor with the original clips you will need to keep them if you want to open the project file, if you load the joined clip file then no problem.
  20. zakdk

zakdk Member

Ratings:
    +7
    ..thanks Graham :smashin::smashin:
  21. zakdk

zakdk Member

Ratings:
    +7
    ....link works great :thumbsup: graham....
    ....wish there was a reliable program that can batch the mts files rather than dropping them in the web browser....
    ...by the way do you know a program called multiAVCHD and have you tried it with the mts files as i read somewhere that someone is saying that it is similiar to the link you gave, but i couldnt get it to work...myself...
  22. grahamlthompson

Ratings:
    +3,096
    Yes tried it but for some reason the AVCHD discs it creates won't play on my blu-ray player so I gave up.

Have you got a copy of Microsoft Excel running on a PC (If I used it often I would have already given it a whirl). If so I might be able to use vba to create an equivalent batch file. Need to brush up on DOS batch files it's been a while :confused:.
  23. zakdk

zakdk Member

Ratings:
    +7
    :confused:...has anyone tried /using Pixela ImageMixer that can confirm there is no audio synch problems and can join/stich multiple mts files??
  24. nerys

nerys Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a JVC GZ series camcorder.

tsmuxer does not appear to work properly.

it does its thing appears to make a new merged file and it appears to be the right size.

but when I PLAY the file in say media player it plays only the first clip

when I try to play it in VLC is freaks my system out as it opens MANY windows (I am guessing one for each of the merged clips in the larger file??)

I just want to merge them so I can upload them to youtube as a "single" file

Suggestions?
  25. grahamlthompson

Ratings:
    +3,096
    Open TSmuxerGui

Open a windows explorer window to the folder containing the clips

Drag the first file to the Add button in the TSmuxer Window. Click on the next file in Windows Explorer and shift click on the last to group select all the remaining clips

Drag the selection to the TSmuxer Join Button. Select .TS muxing.

Browse for the destination file location and give the file a name

Click start muxing.
  26. nerys

nerys Member

Ratings:
    +0
    that is what I did pretty much. no problem getting the files in and it appears to do just what its supposed to do.

but the resulting file does not work. its the right size (total of added files) etc.. but only first video plays.

I found another program called "smart cutter" not free but it only adds a demo water print for a split second at the beginning of each file.

alas you have to add files ONE AT A TIME. what a drag. if they fix that I will gladly pay as it does work pretty well and my video players and youtube have no problem with the resulting file.

when I get home (I am at Naram now so very busy) I will give tsmuxer some time and try and get it working as I do prefer free :)
  27. Terfyn

Terfyn Member

Ratings:
    +75
    If the files are acceptable to an editor, have you tried collecting them on a timeline as per normal editing practice?
  28. grahamlthompson

Ratings:
    +3,096
    Try Splash Lite

Free Splash Lite - Next Generation Player homepage

Also open the file with Medianinfo and select tree view. It will tell you all there is to know what it contains

MediaInfo
  29. Lehmann Studios

Lehmann Studios New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    SOLUTION:

You can try using Lehmann Video Tool (LVT).

I have developed a very simple easy user friendly program that will features the ability to merge AVCHD (.mts) files into a single (.m2ts) video file.

The program also allows you to trim your video clips to the perfect sizes before merging them all if you wish.

You can try the program here or here