Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best way to connect PC to LCD

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by eatthetrain, Oct 5, 2007.

1. eatthetrain

eatthetrain Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, just got a new panasonic LCD TV and currently using it as a pc monitor too. I have it connect using the standard analogue cable into the pc port on the tv. My pc's graphics card has a digital output which brings me to two questions

1. Would this be a better way to connect the pc to tv using a digital connection into HDMI via a HDMI lead and a adapter for the pc end?
    2. If digital is a better connection why isn't it standard over the older analogue connection?
  2. Curly99

Curly99 Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,062
    1: you could use a DVI (pc connection) to HDMI cable for connecting the pc but you will need to use a cable from the pc's sound output to the tv or external amp for the sound, some cards or laptops come with a HDMI out, anyway I don't know much about your tv personally but you may find some info if you do a search.

2: well tv's do have a digital input, it's called HDMI, now think of HDMI as DVI (same as on the pc) but with sound and iirc there are some tv's that have a DVI input.

Curly
  3. ChrisGgr

ChrisGgr Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,649
    The best connection you can use is a DVI to HDMI cable
  4. eatthetrain

eatthetrain Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for reply, the real question now is would there be any noticable difference if I changed cables!
  5. eatthetrain

eatthetrain Guest

Ratings:
    +0