1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best way to connect PC to LCD

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by eatthetrain, Oct 5, 2007.

1. eatthetrain

eatthetrain Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, just got a new panasonic LCD TV and currently using it as a pc monitor too. I have it connect using the standard analogue cable into the pc port on the tv. My pc's graphics card has a digital output which brings me to two questions

1. Would this be a better way to connect the pc to tv using a digital connection into HDMI via a HDMI lead and a adapter for the pc end?
    2. If digital is a better connection why isn't it standard over the older analogue connection?
  2. Curly99

Curly99 Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,017
    1: you could use a DVI (pc connection) to HDMI cable for connecting the pc but you will need to use a cable from the pc's sound output to the tv or external amp for the sound, some cards or laptops come with a HDMI out, anyway I don't know much about your tv personally but you may find some info if you do a search.

2: well tv's do have a digital input, it's called HDMI, now think of HDMI as DVI (same as on the pc) but with sound and iirc there are some tv's that have a DVI input.

Curly
  3. ChrisGgr

ChrisGgr Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,649
    The best connection you can use is a DVI to HDMI cable
  4. eatthetrain

eatthetrain Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for reply, the real question now is would there be any noticable difference if I changed cables!
  5. eatthetrain

eatthetrain Guest

Ratings:
    +0