Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Value Screen Protector

Discussion in 'HTC Mobile Phones' started by Gadget Daddy, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Gadget Daddy

Gadget Daddy Active Member

Ratings:
    +194
    Now then,

What in peoples opinion these days offers the best value screen protector as Ive just bought my wife a touch diamond for her birthday and want to protect the screen, had a quick look on Martin Fields site he wants around £14 for 1, seems pricey to me, although I know you get what you pay for just wondering if anyone had any opinions on better value than this

Regards
    Pete

BALLS MIS-SPELT THE TITLE
  2. RobM

RobM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,185
    Title changed... and moving to the HTC forum :)
  3. Gadget Daddy

Gadget Daddy Active Member

Ratings:
    +194
    thanks for that:oops:

come on then guys what protection are you using:rolleyes:
  4. RobM

RobM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,185
    My 2 cents... I've always been a fan of Martin Fields and Exim screen protectors. They are the two I usually look for first as the quality and screen clarity is superb with them still.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. SATM

SATM Member

Ratings:
    +124
    I bought the Vikuiti DQC-160 from protectionfilms24.com for £8.50.
    Just type in your 'phone model in 'Quick Search' and it displays the various screen protectors available for it.
  6. Ch3tan

Ch3tan Member

Ratings:
    +23
    £8.50 is really really expensive. Wouldn't expect to pay more than £5, even for a re-usable one. Ebay is your friend when buying screen protectors.
  7. RobM

RobM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,185
    You get what you pay for. For the sake of £3.50 it's worth knowing you're getting the best protection.

Cheap Protection seems like an oxymoron to me.
  8. NicolasB

NicolasB Active Member

Ratings:
    +574
    It is also reasonable to ask how exactly an expensive screen protector is better than one that costs less than a third of the price. There may well be a good answer, but the question is worth asking. :)
  9. memoryex

memoryex Member

Ratings:
    +10
    go onto ebay and get 4 for a couple of quid delivered. Still using my first one and its been on for 3 months.
  10. RobM

RobM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,185
    Resistance to scratches is the first and most obvious answers... some of the cheaper ones can scratch easily leaving marks on the screen.

Clarity is important. If you apply a film over your screen you don't want it to spoil the clarity, accuracy and colour reproduction which is likely on cheaper ones. Also, some of the rubbery ones leave a horrible orange peel affect over the screen which looks horrid.

Texture... the more expensive ones have the same feel as the screen itself, which is vital for touch screens. The cheaper more rubbery ones can ruin the feel.

Fit... cheaper ones are known to leave gaps, or in the case of protectors that have speaker, button and other such cut outs to deal with don't always fit around these areas properly.

Value for money... don't forget that some of the more expensive protectors actually include two in the pack.

Extra stuff... finger print resistance, anti glare etc etc.

Obviously all the above doesn't apply all of the time, but they are some of the key areas you're likely to experience.

But hey, you've saved £3.50 so it's worth it, right....?
  11. Ch3tan

Ch3tan Member

Ratings:
    +23
    Ahh but you are assuming I am talking about cheap protectors, you can get the better ones for a fiver or less if you look around. The official HTC one is only £4.99 for 2 on play for example.
  12. deleter

deleter Member

Ratings:
    +27
    I always buy screen protectors from Brando Workshop. I think they are very good value for money!
  13. lead

lead Member

Ratings:
    +63
    I used to swear by Martin Fields - used them on previous phones and cameras, but I'm seriously let down by the one I bought for my Touch HD.

I've had it 9 months and it's scratched and scuffed to the point where I'm soon going to replace it. I've been putting it off as I don't like to throw things out on a whim. But the marks are so bad now that it's spoiling my enjoyment of the phone.

I have an Invisible Shield already lined up to replace it. I've been using them on a few other devices (Canon 40d) and I'm very impressed by their clarity and apparent scratch resistance.
  14. SATM

SATM Member

Ratings:
    +124
    I am more than happy with the Vikuiti DQC-160 on my HTC Hero.