Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best used 7 Seater

Discussion in 'Motoring Forum' started by plasma3d, Aug 1, 2011.

1. plasma3d

plasma3d Active Member

Ratings:
    +312
    Hi

I'm currently in the Market for a quality 7 seater for touring England with the family over summer. I've only got 6-7k to spend and keen on the idea of LPG but really unsure what to go for.. Any help on what to avoid would be most helpful

Cheers :thumbsup:
  2. Solomon Grundy

Solomon Grundy Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,752
    We've had zero issues with our Chrysler Voyager and it is now 8 years old and still going strong. You'll get a really nice Grand Voyager for your money and the rear cabin seats are very comfy, boot space is okay too although a little small on the regular Voyager. I wouldn't consider a 7 seater without a sliding door either, you'd be amazed at how useful they are.
  3. plasma3d

plasma3d Active Member

Ratings:
    +312
    Hi thanks, the Voyager is something I'm considering but have absolutely no knowledge about lol.. How are the running costs and is there any issues I should be looking for, was also keen on the Mazda 5 with sliding doors but the parkers reviews are mixed
  4. MIghtyG

MIghtyG Active Member

Ratings:
    +784
    My parents had a VW Sharan a long while ago, P reg I think, maybe a 2L Diesel. We ended up selling it to my aunt and uncle a long while ago and its still going fine :)
  5. Solomon Grundy

Solomon Grundy Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,752
    The Mazda 5 is miniscule compared to the Voyager. My Brother test drove one and he said it felt cheap and gutless, didn't really care much for it. I have a 2.4 Voyager petrol which is actually okay by my own standards, perhaps a little thirstier than my Mazda 6 2.0 litre petrol. We will be trading her in soon and buying a diesel Grand Voyager, just waiting for one to come up at the salvage auctions...I hate paying market prices for cars!

Comparing mazda 5 to Voyager the Voyager wins hands down...it's not even a contest...it's bigger, way more comfortable, has 12v points all over the place for DVD players, Nintendo DS and whatnot, the middle two chairs fold down to create tables so you can have picnics etc, there are cup holders and nook and crannies all over the place, the air con can be split between driver and passenger so everyone is as hot or cold as they like, the stereo system is great with nice sound...and it will probably hold it's value a lot better.
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  6. Jimbo79

Jimbo79 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I was going to mention the Sharan until I saw this quote. I totally agree that the Sharan is a good choice for anyone who wants to a good value for money 7-seater.
  7. plasma3d

plasma3d Active Member

Ratings:
    +312
    Is the sharan based on the ford galaxy and seat almeara.. they all look the same?
  8. plasma3d

plasma3d Active Member

Ratings:
    +312
    Found quite a few merc ml LPG's but I dread to think how much replacement parts are for those
  9. MIghtyG

MIghtyG Active Member

Ratings:
    +784
    I dont know about now but I know when my parents were looking at them (P reg is about 1996 I think) The Ford Galaxy and Seat Alhambra were the same car with different badges.

I think a there was a little difference in price and spec but that was about it.
  10. vwone

vwone Member

Albums:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi I looked at all these last Decemeber I went for a 2005 Galaxy 1.9 TDI. I was opting out of my company car scheme so MPG and reliability were main criteria. I am getting an average 45mpg but I do alot of motorway miles. I had the Alhambra as a company car and had lots of issues with it they are all based on the same base but VW and Seat are the same. Would have loved to get the Chrysler but the MPG was just to low.