Best laptop for around £800

Suspect Postman

Standard Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a new laptop, mainly for music, vidio and gaming. for around £800 I am prepared to go to around £1000 if it's worth it. Can anyone help?

He said gaming...

I'm a huge Apple fan and run a 100% Apple household here but I would find it difficult to recommend the Macbook as a gaming rig - even the new version.

Steve

I' interested in this thread also.

I've been looking at the Dell:
Dell Studio 17 Laptop Details

Studio 1737 for £750 but if there is anything better on the market I would definately consider it.

Last edited:
i am interested in the dell but am wondering if there is anything else on the market for a simlar price as dell are shocking in the long term as all there ram like dies or sommit and the become very slow

Wow this looks interesting to me too!
I was looking at the XPS M1530 but will take a look at this one too.

I believe there is a 10% off code active too - see here: Dell Coupon Number | Voucher Codes | Dell Promotional Codes | Promotional Vouchers | Promotional Coupons | Discount Codes | Discount Vouchers

PS Dont forget the 5% quidco also

Well spotted there, thanks for that ... looks like this is a winner for me now. I have never used Quidco myself.

I was gonna buy this or maybe look at buying from their business outlet to claim the VAT back, not sure how their business laptops measure up.

Well spotted there, thanks for that ... looks like this is a winner for me now. I have never used Quidco myself.

I was gonna buy this or maybe look at buying from their business outlet to claim the VAT back, not sure how their business laptops measure up.

At the price you quoted. £750, you must be looking the Dell Studio 17 with the 4yr home warranty?

With the Dell 10% discount and bought through Quidco you can get it for about £650.

At the price you quoted. £750, you must be looking the Dell Studio 17 with the 4yr home warranty?

With the Dell 10% discount and bought through Quidco you can get it for about £650.

Yeah I just went ahead and bought it with the 4 years warranty, I signed up for quidco too and went through that but I'm not entirely sure if that worked or not, I'll need to check through the week.

I also used the 10% discount code, the delivery is free at the moment and then I paid through my company so I'll get the VAT back on it.

All in all, it has cost me about £568 if the Quidco cashback comes through. :)

Yeah I just went ahead and bought it with the 4 years warranty, I signed up for quidco too and went through that but I'm not entirely sure if that worked or not, I'll need to check through the week.

I also used the 10% discount code, the delivery is free at the moment and then I paid through my company so I'll get the VAT back on it.

All in all, it has cost me about £568 if the Quidco cashback comes through. :)

So you have made choice! At the price it is a very good deal for you once you have claimed the VAT back.

I have had mine now for just over a week and still very happy with it.

Delivery took 1 week.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom