1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best IMAX seats?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Matt, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Matt

Matt Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Anyone know what are the optimum seats to go for at the BFI Imax? How far/close to the screen do you really want to be?
  2. Pecker

Pecker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,470
    I've been told by IMAX staff at both Bradford and London that the best seats are centre and back.

At Bradford there are a few seats at the back behind the 'normal' seats - I think maybe where the auditorium staff are supposed to sit, but never do. I try to get them if I can.

Steve W
  3. SyStemDeMoN

SyStemDeMoN Active Member

Ratings:
    +302
    every time ive been to the IMAX(birmingham), ive had to sit right at the back cause my eldest boy is in a wheelchair. i think its a great seating position. problem is with IMAX, once you've been u wont want to go to a normal cinema again!!
  4. Junglist

Junglist Member

Ratings:
    +86
    I have been a few times to Imax Bradford and the ONLY good position is the back row of the normal seating. There are some seats further back but when you enter you are always told not to use them even though they are empty, which is annoying cos they look like they will give the best view overall.

Still when i go to see Batman TDK i'm gonna make sure i get there early enough to get on the normal back row as anywhere else really gives me a bad neck afterwards.

Are you going?
  5. Pecker

Pecker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,470
    I went to see the last Batman there, but it made me feel physically ill. Following the picture is just too difficult when sat so relatively close.

I swore never to see a 'normal' film on an IMAX screen again...but I might give it a go.

Steve W