Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Gun in Modern Warfare?

Discussion in 'PS3 Call of Duty (COD) Forum' started by siblades, Jan 13, 2009.

1. gongatots

gongatots Member

Ratings:
    +67
    I`d go with bandolier instead of claymores as the bullits run out quicker than assault riffles and the other smg`s.
    The scorpion has to be one of the most underrated guns in the game.

With the clip being tiny you have to make nearly all shots count or its good bye when it comes to reloading
    Does anybody use the biggest lmg(can`t remember its name:D)
    or even the saw?
  2. breadmaker6

breadmaker6 Member

Ratings:
    +245
    My fave at the moment is the AK74U with no attachments...all the stopping power of an AK47 but the fire rate of an SMG :thumbsup:
  3. Auditor

Auditor New Member

Ratings:
    +159

Yeah mate for the first time last nite I cracked out the last LMG, M60 I think.

Not sure what perk 2 to use, might roll with the Jugg as I feel like I need to get some hate!! Maybe double tab

steady aim a must as well
  4. StevePSIV

StevePSIV Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,186
    M16 Red Dot
    MP5 Silenced
    M40A3 (ACOG SCOPE)

Perks are normally always the same, Bandolier, Stopping Power and Steady Aim/Extreme Conditioning
  5. Fmrl

Fmrl Active Member

Ratings:
    +414
    I fancied a bit of a change last night so opted for the MP5 with no attachments as I'd never used it before (but managed to get the red dot after a couple of games). Nice weapon, quite effective at close range, and I love the noise it makes. I even managed a couple of long range kills on Countdown which was impressive.
  6. jjmoore

jjmoore Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Me and my mate started playing this again yesterday for the first time since W@W.

WOW, why the hell did I ever change?!

One thing thats ****** me off though... ACOG Snipers, everyone is doing it and it's damn annoying!

For the record, MP5 + Silencer is my favourite :D
  7. StevePSIV

StevePSIV Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,186
    Everyone has got good with the snipers now..
  8. KINGROBTHEFIRST

KINGROBTHEFIRST Active Member

Ratings:
    +258
    Apart from cr33ch, maybe he should put down that egg mayo and ham teacake once in a while and line up the crosshair.
  9. Xabi17

Xabi17 Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Try sniping with just the normal scope...that takes skill 8)
  10. phunkyphreek

phunkyphreek Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Put steady aim on and no scope and you've got me down to a tee :D
  11. cris1502

cris1502 Member

Ratings:
    +42
    i like the 1st sniper,the barret for the sound & m21 for the recoil.not very good at no scoping but getting better.i'd probably give myself a 7/10 for sniping.

i used to use the mp5 religously but now i like the ak47 seems to have more power for longer distance shooting.
  12. NightHawk

NightHawk Active Member

Ratings:
    +356
    Used to use the AK47 all the time but now starting to get used to MP5 and the power in close range to medium range is brilliant. Hard to control over long distance shooting though compared to AK47. What's best?- short taps of R1 or short bursts coz I can't get it just right for long distance. Holding R1 is just ridiculous lol.
  13. Beneve2008

Beneve2008 Member

Ratings:
    +36
    MP5 is pretty much useless over long distances, even with stopping power. Well compared to AK47 anyway.

Good to see a familiar face by the way! Still have not forgiven you for serving me my own ass in that doubles tournament! While your partner Leehas (i think) just sat back and drank tea! :D
  14. NightHawk

NightHawk Active Member

Ratings:
    +356
    Wow that was a while back lol. Didn't realise what was going on till I was messaged by Leehas mid-game lol.

Glad to see that you've joined the other side now :thumbsup:
  15. Beneve2008

Beneve2008 Member

Ratings:
    +36
    Funny thing was i was expecting to play Mav, which would have been a pretty easy game, then you appear! And destroy both me & dj in minutes. lol.

Yeah over on this side of the fence now. Will have to play some games with you soon m8, you getting KZ2?
  16. NightHawk

NightHawk Active Member

Ratings:
    +356
    We play most nights, if we get enough people together we play private matches which are great fun. Details are on the "AVF COD4 Night" thread.

Played KZ2 but didn't enjoy it as much as other people did so won't be buying. Street Fighter IV will keep me busy though and Hardcore Headquarters coming up on COD4 as well :D
  17. Beneve2008

Beneve2008 Member

Ratings:
    +36
    Well if im online give me a invite, love some private, knife only, sniper ect. :smashin:
  18. Xabi17

Xabi17 Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Have to say, I used to prefer ACOG on the M40A3 but the normal scope is so much better for me now. It's so much more accurate, you can actually hit the other guy hiding with about a quarter of his head showing, rather than seeing him, lining up the Red crosshair on his head then missing. I also love the MP5 with silencer + stopping power + dead silence + claymore + stun for Search and Destroy :)