Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Compact Digital Camera under £250

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by TDR, Jan 25, 2012.

1. TDR

TDR Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey All,

My current digital camera has come to the end of its life and I need a replacement. The past few I have had have been samsung and I loved them!

The latest was the i85 Samsung i85 Digital Camera - Silver 3" LCD: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics but the lense shutter has stopped working and the pictures have started to have little light or dirt specs on them which is ruining the pictures. And no matter how much I charge it, the battery does not last as long as it used to.

I want to be able to take it out and have it fit in my handbag, and preferably charge via plugging the camera into the mains and usb directly into the computer rather than by taking the battery out to charge is separately.

I bought my sister a sony cybershot Sony CyberShot W110 Digital Camera - Silver 2.5" LCD: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
    but the battery doesnt last and I prefer the functionality of the samsung.

I like the look of the new samsung that came out pre xmas but are there better ones out there? Samsung MV800 Digital Camera - Black 3.0 inch Touch: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
    The sony ixus range has got great which? reviews over the years but I didnt love the cybershot.

Am I actually better of getting an SLR? But they are quite bulky and would never do for a night out on the town!

I take my camera everywhere and love taking pics so any recommendations or models to avoid would be helpful.

2. topgazza

topgazza Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,621
    I'm a huge and long time fan of the Canon Ixus range. Canon got it right with whole concept. They take great pictures, nice looking and slim but the right size to hold. Not up with the current models mind you but the 220 and 230 are well specced cameras and you can rest assured you will not be disappointed IMO