Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Budget Surround Sound System for new LCD HD TV

Discussion in 'Integrated Amplifiers & Receivers' started by mj_smith, Oct 18, 2009.

1. mj_smith

mj_smith Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would really appreciate and be extremely grateful for any help or advice anyone could share.

I replaced my old bulky Toshiba 2987DB (with supplied rear surround sound 8ohm speakers) with a new Toshiba 37XV635DB LCD TV recently, from Amazon. It seems a reasonable LCD TV, with good features and price.

We really miss the surround sound rear speakers that were on the old TV (now unplugged) and wondered if there was a cheap option to get them working? Alternatively, would anyone be able to recommend a reasonable priced/sounding surround system that I could use with this TV (not particular about brand)? I’d hope for DTS/Dolby Pro Logic II, HDMI and Optical digital input, with perhaps 1080p upscaling DVD player. At the top end of my meagre budget, for £120 I’d seen the Sony DAVDZ260 850W 5.1 at Argos, which has all these features and more, great reviews. Unfortunately it now seems to be discontinued! ebay had one for £125, but I don’t want to pay that for a used system, and the model up (DAVDZ280) has poor reviews and is £60 more. Sorry, don’t want to come across too picky. Thanks. :lease:
  2. dante01

dante01 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,557
    You've probably posted your enquiry in the wrong forum and it would probably be better addressed here:
    All-in-one Systems - AVForums.com

This forum deals with seperates and standalone AV amplifiers and not all-in-one systems. If you were to go the separates route (AV amp and 5.1 speaker package) then you'd need to quadruple your budget to get the features you are looking for and this would be without a DVD or BD player.
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  3. mj_smith

mj_smith Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks. That certainly does look like the right place to go.:)