Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best av deals

Discussion in 'Which TV Should I Buy?' started by abay710, Apr 2, 2013.

1. abay710

abay710 Member

Ratings:
    +79
    Has anyone bought from this company

Their prices are very good, just looking for conformation that they are ok

Cheers
  2. roland seal

roland seal Member

Ratings:
    +36
    Errrr.... what company is that?
  3. abay710

abay710 Member

Ratings:
    +79
    Bestavdeals.co.uk
  4. Scooby2000

Scooby2000 Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,410
    Never heard of them, prices don't look all that special.
  5. BenCH19

BenCH19 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Part of Craig Hi-Fi established in 1970, employs about 50 people. Primarily a telephone company - online prices are RRP or cheapest dealer price but you don't get the best prices unless you call.
  6. abay710

abay710 Member

Ratings:
    +79
    What's the point of that, not going to phone everyone online to get the best price. Where is the logic in that? Puts me off right away
  7. vickster

vickster Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,845
    I'd just buy from John Lewis...
  8. BenCH19

BenCH19 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    The logic?

Dont call = Pay more
    Call = pay less

There's the logic :)

Sorry, I'm just playing around but in seriousness don't you ever call to get discounts? I do it on everything - car insurance, house insurance etc - you always get a cheaper price if you call. No-one gives their best price online anymore due to the costs involved in advertising them
  9. Dean High

Dean High New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    In answer to the original question, I have recently used them. On Tuesday night I was looking for a new surround sound system, and decided on the Samsung HT-H7500.

BestAVDeals.co.uk had the unit at £539.00, £60 less than any other price I could find, and £210.00 less than John Lewis, in response to Vickster. They were also including at no extra cost the new Samsung WAM250 hub.

They didn't have stock, but said it was available to order. I dropped them an email just asking if they knew when they would be getting stock. It was about midnight at this point. At 9:15am Wednesday I had an email back confirming that stock was due in on that day, and if I ordered before 1pm it would be despatched that day. On a sidenote, I had a slight issue with the payment as I had literally just moved house and hadn't changed my details with the bank so the payment got stopped, but I just paid with an alternate card over the phone. I spoke to a guy called Ben and he was extremely helpful and knowledgeable, and clearly had an interest in the kit he is selling, which I think always makes a difference.

I did so, and at 7:15 on Thursday morning the delivery arrived. That was only this morning, and I then had to go to work so I've not checked the unit yet, but the box is in perfect condition. So got to say, very happy so far with BestAVdeals and all being well with the player I would certainly use them again!