Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best 3D movie on bluray?

Discussion in 'Blu-rays, DVDs & Streaming Services' started by richard plumb, Nov 11, 2008.

1. richard plumb

richard plumb Active Member

Ratings:
    +883
    Just curious to try one out. if its a decent movie that'd be a bonus, but mainly needs to have a decent 3D effect.
  2. Playalistic

Playalistic Member

Ratings:
    +68
    Do you mean 3d as in anaglyph i.e. red/green glasses or 3d "pop"?
  3. moelikepie

moelikepie Member

Ratings:
    +10
    i've only seen Journey to the centre of the earth in 3d. its alright.. the colour arent great but i think you'd allow for that in exchange for the 3d effect!

polar express is meant to be very impressive on 3d

adam
  4. richard plumb

richard plumb Active Member

Ratings:
    +883
    as in funky glasses :)
  5. Playalistic

Playalistic Member

Ratings:
    +68
    Ah OK :) As the other poster said: Journey to the centre of earth isn't too bad. Gave me a bit of a headache though by the end to be honest!
  6. google

google Active Member

Ratings:
    +258
    I've got the Polar Express 3D. All in all I think it's a worthwhile experience watching it in 3D. It takes a while for your brain to accept the image through the glasses and I found that I didn't get use to it until about 20 minutes into the film. It does offer a pretty good 3D image although the colours are a little washed out.

I watched it with my nephews who are aged 7 and 11 and they really enjoyed the experience. They were grabbing at the screen for the golden ticket at one point!

There is also the original version of the film on the disc which is great. The True HD sound is very good too. When the Polar Express arrives it's like it's reallly pulling up outside your house.

Scott
  7. stevey27

stevey27 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    is polar express 3d only available in region 1, as these wont play in a ps3 (will they)
    steve
  8. google

google Active Member

Ratings:
    +258
    It's Region Free:smashin:

Scott
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. stevey27

stevey27 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    thanking you:D
  10. the thing wnn

the thing wnn Active Member

Ratings:
    +222
    watched Polar Express in 3D for about 20 mins last night and found the ghosting far too distracting to watch. Funnily though, my missus was ok with it
    I'm sticking with it as its got the 2D on there as well, which look fine to me compared to the old one i had, but the sound is improved.
    Shame about the 3D, I have seen it twice at the IMAX in 3D, now i knew it would never be that good with just the red/blue glasses, but hoped for a better effect than what i got. Annoyingly, in some scenes it looks great, but too much ghosting on closeups of people made it far too annoying for me - shame
    Fot the record, i was watching on a 50" Pioneer Kuro Plasma which has been ISF'ed from about 10 feet away
  11. pj

pj Member

Ratings:
    +173
    the hannah montana concert in 3d has the best 3d effect imho
    polar and journey have way too many scenes where there are ghosting images all over the place (though i also saw this evident in journey in 3d at the cinema) polar seems to have a really dark red lens that started to give me a slight headache!
    also depends on the tv from what i can tell the bigger the screen the better the 3d looked 32" was problematic projector screen was near perfect!:thumbsup:
    so i rank it
    hannah
    journey
    polar