Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Belkin tunestage + ipad2??

Discussion in 'Streamers & Network Music Players' started by dudeonline, Oct 31, 2012.

1. dudeonline

dudeonline Member

Ratings:
    +122
    Hi..

anyone know if the Belkin tunestage works with the ipad2? In theory it should work as ipad2 is A2DP enabled..

Cheers,

Nev
  2. larkone

larkone Active Member

Ratings:
    +362
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  3. dudeonline

dudeonline Member

Ratings:
    +122
  4. larkone

larkone Active Member

Ratings:
    +362
    As I said, Apple's bluetooth implementations are not known for their reliability or stability so best to check first. Try googling 'Apple Bluetooth problems' to see the issues others are having, especially since iOS6.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. dudeonline

dudeonline Member

Ratings:
    +122
    Will do.. would be useful if it did as second hand they are very cheap now.. Can't think why Apple would want to sabotage bluetooth capability.. ;)

PS missed your comment first time round about the A2DP.. doh! :)
  6. larkone

larkone Active Member

Ratings:
    +362
    The worry is that these units are getting on now and Belkin may have not issued firmware updates to allow them to work with Apple's bluetooth stack.
  7. dudeonline

dudeonline Member

Ratings:
    +122
    I've purchased a Logitech one now, people have said it works with their ipad so we'll see.. I'll report back on its success with the ipad2..
  8. Dunnk

Dunnk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, it works. I have a first generation Tunestage and got it connected to iPad 2 & am streaming now Spotify to my Arcam Solo mini. First try didn't seem to work, so I tried the iPod dongle. iPad stopped playing through its own speakers but nothing streamed to the Tunestage receiver. When I pulled out the dongle, the iPad's own bluetooth suddenly sprung to life and asked for as password; "0000" worked immediately (so much for the usefulness of pw protection..).

Connection is maintained to appr. 9m (appr. 27ft), including two walls, so I assume larger distance ok with clear line of view. When disconnected b/c of distance, connection is restored when spending a few moments close to the Tunestage base station. After telling iPad to forget the connection, it had a little trouble reconnecting again; moving close to the Tunestage base station helped.

Quality of sound is acceptable, not great, and quite a touch lower in volume than e.g. a cd on the Solo mini itself.