Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being Human (UK) - Series 4

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by raigraphixs, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Fmrl

Fmrl Active Member

Ratings:
    +413
    I guess he's going to be busy concentrating on series 3 of Him & Her?
  2. Duncan G

Duncan G Active Member

Ratings:
    +679
    Nice touch the vampires warehouse having the sign Stoker imports and exports.

Threatning to strangle Annie a ghost? Come on!

Annie doing the ceremony to try to get Eve to save the dieing warewolf :laugh:
  3. raigraphixs

raigraphixs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +8,519
    Episode 2: Being Human 1955

Enjoyed this episode a lot, yes Annie was silly, it also had heart, soul, drama and Kia-ora :D
  4. krish

krish Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5,019
    Hal just looks like a less wimpy Merlin
  5. bosque

bosque Active Member

Ratings:
    +558
    After being loyal to the first episode, the second episode may well prove danny54 very right, although the new vampire has some promise the newish werewolf is very weak indeed and I don't think anyone watches this show for Annie ! Couldn't they have persuaded her to depart along with Tovey and Turner ?
  6. danny54

danny54 Member

Ratings:
    +12
    I have not watched this week but keep the opinions coming. the one good thing that can come out of this is that it leaves Tge door open for a new British drama to rise up and fill the misfits/being human void.
  7. Fmrl

Fmrl Active Member

Ratings:
    +413
    I'm losing interest in it too, I only got around to watching episode 2 last night and I didn't really enjoy it all that much. It just all feels a bit too contrived...
    so the other werewolf dies and takes the other ghost with him which leaves us back with the "trinity" again - how fortunate :rolleyes: ... oh and there's another evil vampire copper just like before
    - like the writers were thinking "well that formula worked for us before, lets just do it again".

It feels like every now and then they try to get a bit of dark humour back into the programme (like they did in earlier series) ... but it never quite works.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. mpn

mpn New Member

Ratings:
    +578
    Two episodes down and it's not gripping Me. The new characters have no presence on screen and Tom has the personality of a rabid cucumber. I will stick with it but I don't have high hopes at this juncture.
  9. Dextur

Dextur Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,455
    This show is in serious danger of going entirely downhill.

The new vamp is lacks menace.

The one character that should have gone "Annie" is still around, she seems a lovely lass but what a yawnfest of a script they give her.

The wolf is like Michael J fox lite.

This might not retain a slot on the planner in a couple of weeks.
  10. danny54

danny54 Member

Ratings:
    +12
    The show is getting panned on twitter. Sad really. Toby W needs to come out and say Something.
  11. Dextur

Dextur Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,455
    Not sure what he can say really.

They seem to have left the show to the mercy of the "B" players which is a big shame.

It might turn around, but it lacks clout , they need to make it hard and fast now or it's going to be to late.
  12. LouieBH

LouieBH Member

Ratings:
    +0
    im in love with the mixed race girl i need to sit down and watch properly through season 1-4
  13. Fmrl

Fmrl Active Member

Ratings:
    +413
    Lenora Crichlow (Annie) - she's been really good in earlier series so it's a shame she's been given poor scenes and dialogue so far in this series eg. the whole fake ceremony.

I don't think Michael Socha (Tom - werewolf) is a bad/weak actor but there's definitely a problem here. It's like he's been told to always have that blank expression on his face - it's not sadness, it's not brooding, etc. he just looks stupid. It's a shame (again) because he was pretty good in This Is England.

It's starting to feel like Tovey, Keenan, and Turner knew where things were heading (downhill fast) and jumped off at just the right time.
  14. Toasty

Toasty Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,176
    While I agree this weeks was a poor episode, I think slating the new cast now is a little premature. They haven't had an episode without a big tie to leaving characters yet. Hopefully next week will give them a better chance to shine..
  15. Fmrl

Fmrl Active Member

Ratings:
    +413
    Lets hope so, I've not given up on the show just yet.

If all else fails then maybe they can do a Gavin And Stacey/Being Human cross-over seeing as they're both now set in Barry.
  16. danny54

danny54 Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Turners character Mitchell was fired.
  17. Fmrl

Fmrl Active Member

Ratings:
    +413
    Are you sure about that? I thought Turner wanted to leave so he could work on other projects (ie. The Hobbit)

Even TW said at the time that it was Turners decision to leave.
  18. krish

krish Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5,019
    You seem to be looking for drama where there isn't any
    - both actors left to concentrate on other work ... no bust-ups or firings
    and the whole wolf-shaped bullet/Box Tunnel Twenty arc of series 3 was leading up to it
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  19. danny54

danny54 Member

Ratings:
    +12
    I thought I heard he had been written out but can't remember where I heard it.

Either way its here not there now! They have almost all gone and the show must go on.
  20. Master X

Master X Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Okay, the first 2 episodes weren't the best ever, but they were not rubbish, still great TV. It's not really the show's fault; the actor's chose to leave. I hated Nina being killed off-screen and in-between seasons (not that I wanted to see her beat to death). I mean, yeah, I'd have liked the season to continue with all the regulars, but well, they left of their own accord.

Last night's episode? How in God's name could you not like the episode?! It was fantastic. Really like new vamp and wolf.

I do have problems (not with the episode) in general. The main bad vampires seem to be almost written the same, and Annie's randomly fluctuating ghost powers. She used to be able to choose who saw her or not, normal humans that is. She used to have electric appliance control and showed telekinesis or something early on. Shouldn't she be getting more powerful, not less?
  21. danny54

danny54 Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Some of us haven't watched it yet. Lol
  22. raigraphixs

raigraphixs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +8,519
    Episode 3: The Graveyard Shift

More like a 'Carry On Being Human...' but it was very entertaining, there was so much going on, mostly comedy, a needed break from all the despair.

Tom McNair (Michael Socha) the werewolf - i was thinking he looks and sounds like Kelly from Misfits, no surprise to find out they are real-life brother and sister.
  23. Fmrl

Fmrl Active Member

Ratings:
    +413
    If he grew his hair long or she had hers cut I'm sure they could swap shows and hardly anyone would notice :D
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  24. Fmrl

Fmrl Active Member

Ratings:
    +413
    I thought episode 3 was okay overall...
    the whole "secret past" of Hal seemed very reminiscent of the Mitchell/Herrick storyline, I wasn't sure about Mark Williams (again), the vampire fight seemed too quick/easy, etc. but at least this episode gave the new people a chance to settle into their roles

One thing I couldn't follow though...
    Does Tom just work in that cafe or does he own it? How could he get Hal a job there?
  25. bosque

bosque Active Member

Ratings:
    +558
    The cafe was looking for staff and Tom recommended someone he knew to the owner ? Not exactly rocket science :)
  26. Dextur

Dextur Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,455
    Actually quite enjoyed ep3, feels like a totally different show though, perhaps it's going down a more comedic route, it felt a bit more Buffy than Being Human but it was entertaining.

Even warmed to the new vamp, and the chick playing the annoying cafe goer was brilliant.
  27. Fmrl

Fmrl Active Member

Ratings:
    +413
    Fair enough - it's just that the cafe never seems all that busy (and they seemed to spend most of their time in the kitchen out the back) and there's never any sign of the owner. I wouldn't mind working in a place like that :D
  28. krish

krish Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5,019
    from what I've heard he really gets immersed in his roles, so I would agree that he's probably been told to play Tom in that manner
  29. Toasty

Toasty Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,176
    This got on my nerves a bit, a better episode this week, but the werewolf is too simple and matter of fact. It just needs toning down a notch.
  30. Fmrl

Fmrl Active Member

Ratings:
    +413
    I enjoyed episode 4 - definitely an improvement over the previous three episodes.