Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Be Box - Getting Wireless N

Discussion in 'ISPs & The Internet' started by aduro, Feb 25, 2011.

1. aduro

aduro Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I was surprised that the Be Box I just got a while ago seems to only support wireless G.

Would have thought wireless N would be the norm in this age. Any suggestions on a suitable replacement? Or would it be better to run the Be box in bridge mode as a modem?
  2. avinitski

avinitski Active Member

Ratings:
    +222
    can the BeBox run in bridge mode?

i was struggling getting the BeBox to only work as a modem and use a D-Link DSL-2740R (modem\router) for wireless N and firewall etc
  3. beerhunter

beerhunter Active Member

Ratings:
    +759
    I'm not sure what you mean by "bridge Mode" nor its relevance to the problem at hand.

You could either switch off the Be box's 802.11g WiFi and then either connect an 802.11n Wireless Access Point to one of its Ethernet ports or replace the router entirely with one that supports 802.11n.
  4. daroca

daroca Member

Ratings:
    +6
    You could purchase a O2 wireless box IV, they come up time to time on ebay, I got one for around £15 a while back.

It works just fine on BE.

The wireless box IV has wireless 'N' and two USB ports which support flash disks / usb disks, but I couldn't get a usb printer to work.