Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B&W M-1 Wall Mounted ?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by rob shaw, Oct 3, 2006.

1. rob shaw

rob shaw Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Can the centre speaker be wall mounted on its side ? if so does it come with the bracket ?? :lease:
  2. Altezza

Altezza Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I have it wall mounted on it's side, it is supplied with a bracket
  3. rob shaw

rob shaw Member

Ratings:
    +1
    do you or does anyone else out there have any pics of the M-1's wall mounted in theyre own installs ???

I would really like to see them relative to a Plasma !!!

I'm worried they might look a bit big over/under my plasma :lease:
  4. James Fortune

James Fortune Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hear! Hear! Did you get any response?
  5. Mr. Wilby

Mr. Wilby Member

Ratings:
    +16
  6. James Fortune

James Fortune Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Very nice.

I'm getting the Pioneer PDPLX5090 also.

What do you think of the B&W M1s? Are they part of the B&W MT-25/30 set up?
  7. Mr. Wilby

Mr. Wilby Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Ta. I'm very happy with them. They are surprisingly loud for such small speakers and suit my lounge quite well. I currently just have three at the front and purchased some FPM's for the rears but we're selling our house at the moment so I likely won't fit the rears now.

That said, we'll definitely be taking the M1's along with us after we move house. In fact, we liked them so much we bought a set of 5 for use in our home cinema room (for 4 rears, with 1 spare). Personally, I think they're great, but because I live in Finland it's rather hard to find alternatives to compare them with... so there could be better choices in the size/price bracket, but I couldn't demo them here.
  8. TGjn

TGjn Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Will the Alphason SS20-S speaker stands be good for the B&W MT-25 at the rear and possibly at the front?

Online Store - Audio T
  9. markdj79

markdj79 Member

Ratings:
    +33
    i have all my m1's wall mounted, the centre is really easy to mount, you can turn the wall bracket sideways and it will not be seen behind the speaker when viewed from the front, but i have my bracket upright, so it looks like its growing from the bottom of the tv

im very happy with mine, like has already been stated, they are a very loud little speaker, however they do sound smooth and refined with plenty of detail

im not allowed anything bigger so im thankful that they are as good as they are:smashin:

you wont regret using them

mark
  10. TGjn

TGjn Member

Ratings:
    +1
    cool, I have booked a demo over the xmas period so looking forward to it.
    I wont be able to mount mine the way my living room (my main sofa is in a bay window) is setup plus I have my TV sitting on the stand.
    I have also seen the stands that B&W have on their wesbsite but this must cost £££...
  11. markdj79

markdj79 Member

Ratings:
    +33
    yes i think the stands do cost a premium

im not sure if you can buy 3rd party ones either

also, wiring them up is strange,
    the actual wires attach to the bracket or the stand, you cant wire up the speaker like normal as there are no binding posts on the speakers, just little screws inside the bracket, its the same with the little stands that come with them so i assume its the same with the tall stands

try and have a good look at them in the shop, you will see what i mean

top speakers tho

good luck mate

mark
  12. IL Cattivo

IL Cattivo Active Member

Ratings:
    +261
    Can any of you guys please tell me what Wall Mounting speaker brackets you used for these B&W M1's and do the small stands that come with them come off easily?

Thanks

:smashin:
  13. bluedroog

bluedroog Active Member

Ratings:
    +500
    Has anyone a comparison of the M1's vs. an 'average' book shelf speaker? I like many do in their set ups have an old redundant pair of speakers used as rears, in my case a pair of Mission speakers which must be approaching 20 years old now.

I'm not expecting the M1's to be an upgrade as such but would like to think they would not result in any reduction in performance. The swap would be purely aesthetic. I reckon at some point I'll try a 7.1 set-up with 4 of these in white across the back.
  14. markdj79

markdj79 Member

Ratings:
    +33
    the m1's come with a wall bracket in the box, its a really easy task to change from the chrome bookshelf stands, plus its really easy to attach the brackets to the wall

its a small metal bracket, which a plastic (colour dependant) cover clips onto

good luck

mark