Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avforums - FCC Season 2 - Tokyo - Ekimae Loop - Class C

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Games Forum' started by Pooon, Feb 12, 2006.

1. Pooon

Pooon Active Member

Ratings:
    +740
    [​IMG]

So another round won by a dog, only this time it wasn't TimDog but MikeyDog with a cracking time of 51:44sec which is also #1 on Live. Once again AvForum members dominate the higher reaches of the Live scoreboards claiming 9 of the top 10 positions :eek: with many more in the Top 20. A big well done to all those who recorded a 52sec lap on a very frustrating track, lets hope this weeks track is a little smoother, but with our favorite corner once again present for this week perhaps not!

Man of the Week - Adam400m. Would hold the #3 time on live if he was connected. A fantastic time posted.

Rules/Information:-
    To participate in the competition a Friends Request must be sent to Mr Lugz - if your not on the list your time will not count (if you are joining from now onwards please put in your first post that you would like to join so i know that your a new player)

You must post your time in THIS THREAD for it to be counted.

Competition will finish @ 11:59pm Saturday 18th February. No times run after this time will be accepted. There will be a 12 hour 'window' after the close of the round to post your time in this thread.

When posting your times please post them in the following format: 1:00.00sec

If you don't have 'live' you can still take part but photographic evidence may be required to verify your time.

When posting an improved time please create a new post. Do not update your original post.

Shift(or Skill)-Glitching is permitted. Wallriding is not

Winner of each round will receive 1000pts. The amount of points that you score will depend on how far behind the winning time you are. To score any points you will need to run a time that is no more than 10% slower than the winning time. e.g. if the winning time is 1:00.00sec then the 10% cut-off point would be 1:05.99sec so any time slower than this would not score points.
  2. ansalmo

ansalmo Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Seeing as I was up watching the goggle-box, I thought I might as well open the bidding with a 0:52.86 (F50 auto). I was 6-tenths up on the next lap, but spanked the chicane and the fluffed the next few laps so thought it was probably time for a little shut-eye.

Much more enjoyable track than the last one :)
  3. Colinp

Colinp Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Tricky little bugger! 51:48
  4. simo73

simo73 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    how annoying done a 52.79 f5o auto..
    keep hitting the chicane and took a few wrong lines into that sweeping right hander befrore the chicane think i can do a low 52 or 51 maybe
  5. billybob99

billybob99 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    0:57.97 f40 will try better honest but was last in the last one so who Knows !!
  6. danvitale

danvitale Member

Ratings:
    +124
    I really like this track.

F50
    Manual
  7. Catsmeat

Catsmeat Member

Ratings:
    +5
    First time then:

F40 Manual

Tokyo seems to be nothing but bumps and barriers
  8. daKlone

daKlone Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Starter (for 10):

F50 Auto
  9. Colgate7110

Colgate7110 Member

Ratings:
    +78
    Tried my first manual race (only ever used manual for speed camera challenges in the past - never a whole circuit) and notched up a 0.55.44 in an F50 Manual within 7 laps. First couple of laps were a bit hairy like when I rapidly downshifted too much going under the bridge and the gear indicator said "R"... :blush: I'm up on my ghost by 0.4-0.5 a second through a least 2 splits on this one but then mess it up so I reckon with a bit more practice with a manual box this week, I can get into the 53s and post my first respectable time :D
  10. ansalmo

ansalmo Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Choppped a good chunk off to get down to 0:52.18 in the Ford GT auto. Almost time to switch to the manual box to see if that helps.
  11. Colgate7110

Colgate7110 Member

Ratings:
    +78
    F50 Manual 0.54.05 in an F50 Manual. Loving the manual gears now although it's a lot more stressful. It used to be left trigger, right trigger and let the game worry about the rest. PGR3 on manual is a totally different game and to be honest, I'd imagine most driving games are. I reckon there's still a whole second to come off that time as the first two corners are a bit ropey and the sweeping right before the chicane varies with each lap. Faster time tomorrow hopefully :smashin:
  12. screemer

screemer Member

Ratings:
    +32
    55.81 FordGT AT. i wanna try something different than a ferrari but might go for the f50 after all LOL. Loving this track compared to that last b@st@rd one!!!!!
  13. PioRow

PioRow Member

Ratings:
    +20
    Much prefer this track, even with the bridge corner, its a lot easier at slow speed.

51:93, more time to come, I can see me getting 1# on live!!! NOT
  14. screemer

screemer Member

Ratings:
    +32
    54:75 F40 at
  15. Kycleung

Kycleung Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm liking this track, much better than the last.
    I managed a 00:55.380 after 10 laps in an F40 on AT. I tried the F50 before, didn't like it as much. Will try the SLR, FordGT and F430 during the week :thumbsup:
  16. Pooon

Pooon Active Member

Ratings:
    +740
    Yellow Bird!, don't forget the yellow bird. IIRC i have a 51.xx in that car
  17. Ol!ver

Ol!ver Member

Ratings:
    +98
    0:54:19 Murcialago AT.

Perhaps it might be an idea to do two tables, one auto and one manual?
  18. ansalmo

ansalmo Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Great idea, but there's no way of verifying whether the times were set with manual or auto on Live.
  19. LFCRules

LFCRules Active Member

Ratings:
    +216
    Proping up the table as usual:

55.67 - F430 Auto

Had the console only 3 days, already hating it. How the hell you guys can go 4-5 seconds quicker over less than 60 seconds god only knows. Must try to track down a copy of COD so I can shoot someone, or put on one of the old XBOX shooters to calm some frayed nerves.
  20. Colinp

Colinp Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Party in the 50's! Update 50:76. No.10 on Live!
  21. nick501

nick501 Active Member

Ratings:
    +781
    you just have to accept the fact that some people are better than you at a certain game. I personally find it a consolation that they're all in one place here and we're you to race online, say in a dual, you would probably win with that time against 'mr average'

I seem to be consistantly 3-5 seconds off the top time so far in these FCC's so i keep trying untill i've reached *my* peak.

most of the top time are done using manual gears btw

Did a 57:xx with my second lap at this track in the ford gt (auto)
  22. bozzy

bozzy Member

Ratings:
    +11
    can i join in on this please

cheers

gareth

Gamertag: Bozzybullwinkle
  23. Ol!ver

Ol!ver Member

Ratings:
    +98

We'd just have to trust people. I think if someone claiming to be using an auto gets a silly time, we'd know it's manual anyways.
  24. Colinp

Colinp Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    In the first two races of the last season I finished in something like 9th & 8th and only used Auto, less than a second off first. Not a lot in it really..

I'm only finishing a few spots higher now, and that could be because some people have dropped out! Manual IS better but not a magic ticket to lightspeed!
  25. danvitale

danvitale Member

Ratings:
    +124
    Im glad I entered my time when I did.. my 360 died again this afternoon soon after I posted. Its now packed up ready to go to the Console Hospital.. bah.
  26. Ol!ver

Ol!ver Member

Ratings:
    +98
    No it's not, but I can't see any reason NOT to split them, it'd be interesting to see the differences I think.
  27. ansalmo

ansalmo Member

Ratings:
    +5
    There are some tracks where it seems to make a significant difference - the bridge on the last Tokyo track is a case in point, where hitting a bump causes the auto gearbox to get rather confused, whilst you can lock it in a gear with the manual box.
  28. ADC

ADC Member

Ratings:
    +52
    I'll open my account with a 52.68. F50 manual.
    not online when i did it but there's more to come in the next week.
  29. Horace

Horace Member

Ratings:
    +86
    Opening attempt:

0:55.18
    Ferrarri F50
    Manual

Lee
  30. MonkeyKnuckle

MonkeyKnuckle Active Member

Ratings: