Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audio sync probs with PS3

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by mylesmcg, Sep 17, 2008.

1. mylesmcg

mylesmcg Member

Ratings:
    +2
    <TABLE class=msg_table><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg_text_cell>i only noticed the other day that i get lag while playin games. the picture comes first then 1/2 sec later the sound. this doesnt happen while watchin blu-rays or watchin tv. i hav 1 of the new LG 47LG6000 tvs connected to my ps3 via hdmi and the ps3 is connected to my LG HT902TB home cinema system via optical. i have tried running the audio through the tv and its fine but i can't get it to work wiv the cinema system. i checked the hd sync option but i dnt know wot to set it to. it goes from 0ms to 300ms.

can any1 help?
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
  2. TevinOne64

TevinOne64 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    To fix this problem you only use the HDMI cable for the video, then hook up your other cables, but only use Red and White for the audio. I had the same problem and it fixed it. Remember to change your audio settings on your PS3 to RCA not HDMI.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. mylesmcg

mylesmcg Member

Ratings:
    +2
    as i said in my previous thread...my ps3 is connected via optical cable so i can make full use of my 5.1 system. there is no way in hell im downgradin to rca lol
  4. TevinOne64

TevinOne64 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Then I cannot help you, could be your sound system to your TV. I would pick RCA over 5.1 if I didn't get 2 sec sound lag any day.
  5. mylesmcg

mylesmcg Member

Ratings:
    +2
    i dnt get 2sec lag wiv optical. i only get bout 1/2 sec or less.
  6. dopeydog

dopeydog Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same problem. I've got an Xbox 360 hooked up to my projector via the vga lead and optical to the surround sound. when i turn everything on, its fine, but after about half an hour, lag builds up and after an hour a video is unwatchable and games sound so bad (eg fire a gun and theres a huge lag between seeing the flash and hearing the bang) I sent the system back to LG and they said that there was nothing wrong with it but its still got the lag and its so annoying! turning the surround sound on then off resets the lag to zero, but having to do this regularly is a pain.
  7. Member 300569

Member 300569 Active Member

Ratings:
    +634
    Hi dopeydog I'll see if we can get an answer to your sound issues sorted.

Chris
  8. J4CK DANIELS

J4CK DANIELS Member

Ratings:
    +241
    Isn't there a menu option where you can adjust the delay?... mine does this no problem. you just have to manually work out how much delay you need. this has been a common problem with all HTK's hence why most of them include the delay option....
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. dopeydog

dopeydog Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Chris,

Only just seen the reply. I don't think I got an email from AVForums saying I had a reply, anyway, is this a common problem with any LG surround sound systems?

Thanks,

Tim