1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio out of Sync with TV?

Discussion in 'Integrated Amplifiers & Receivers' started by MikeHawthorne, Jul 8, 2009.

1. MikeHawthorne

MikeHawthorne Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I just bought a new LG 42LH40 TV.

I discovered that it had only a digital audio out connection so I ordered a converter for it.

In the mean time I ran a connection directly from my Dish Satellite box to my tuner.

I don't yet have the HD satellite box, (I'm waiting for dish to show up with it) so I don't actually have HD TV yet.

The problem is that the sound from my audio set up (Sony tuner Polk speakers) is slightly out of sync with the TV.

Is this normal?
    And can I expect this to correct itself once I get the converter and all the audio goes through the TV?

I have had the audio set up this way with my old TV at one time and everything was in sync then.

Thanks for the help

Mike
  2. Mark.Yudkin

Mark.Yudkin Member

Ratings:
    +1,271
    When the audio and the video take different paths, as in your case, the audio needs to be delayed by the same length of time as the TV takes to process (deinterlace / scale) the picture. AV receivers generally have this feature. Some source devices (your satellite box / tuner) also have this function - so check the manual for "lipsync delay" - as do most TVs.
  3. MikeHawthorne

MikeHawthorne Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Thanks for the info, I'll check it out.

Mike
  4. MikeHawthorne

MikeHawthorne Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Once I received my digital to analog converter so that all the Audio runs through the TV the problem was solved.

Thanks for the input.

Mike