Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"arthur - the king of camelot" (cartoon) - anyone remember it?

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Joe Pineapples, Jul 13, 2004.

1. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples Active Member

Ratings:
    +422
    Probably broadcast aound the early to mid seventies. This might have not been its proper title, but i remember those words being in the title music. I also have a recollection of the drawing style as making the charactes look quite pointy and almost pyramid shaped. Does anyone else remember this old cartoon series? - i've not found anything on the net so far.

Dean
  2. the_pauley

the_pauley New Member

Ratings:
    +206
    "Arthur the King of Camelot,
    He's the ring-a-ding-a-dingenest king!"

Ah, they don't write lyrics like that anymore.
  3. Joe Pineapples

Ratings:
    +422
    :laugh: thats the one Pauley. Wish i could find a screen grab or two.
  4. harris_nr

harris_nr Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    arthur he likes to joist a lot
    and he really makes the kingdom swing...

Something something something...

It's that kind of place!"

I wasn't very old but liked the style - made an impression on me - exaggerated movements, loooong stretchy angular limbs. Joust losers didn't just fall from their horses they shot vertically upwards at high velocity...a lot of strange echoey extraneous sounds all the time.

Fun regular characters. Most stories based round Morgana (sp?) and the black knight (?) plans to oust Arthur.

I'd love to be reminded more.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. abraxus

abraxus Member

Ratings:
    +222
  6. Joe Pineapples

Ratings:
    +422
    well done Abraxus :smashin: :cool:. Looks like a nostalgia purchase for me:)
  7. Gary_W

Gary_W Member

Ratings:
    +11
    I remember it specifically because I was 4 years old and there were all the power strikes on in the 70's. I was waiting for it to come on and, about 2 mins in, the power went out. By the time it came back on again the episode had finished. Cried my eyes out and still get therapy for it now ;)

Those were the days; no means of recording anything. It was a whole weeks wait until the next one came on. Can anyone still remember having to wait for things and having absolutely no alternative? When 3 channels of snowy pictures was the limit and they only worked for some of the day. Frankly you can keep the good old days...

Kids now cannot work it out if they go somewhere where you cannot pause live TV. Don't know they're born :D
  8. HMHB

HMHB Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,305
    Was this the cartoon where one of them used to say "ssssssire" with a whistling "s" sound ? Or am I thinking of Sir Prancelot (with the excelent theme tune!) ?
    Edit - Slightly off topic but I've just found This site with the Sir Prancelot opening and closing theme tunes. The closing one was the best :)
  9. hatm

hatm Guest

Ratings:
    +0
  10. brian s

brian s Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,276
  11. hatm

hatm Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Ahhhhhhhh, that's because I'm very old and can get away with most things, lol! :hiya: