Apple TV2 - HDMI Issues Colour inversion HDMI Issue

So, beta testers, still OK on RGB High?

Can confirm that IOS beta 4.3b with RGB High, works perfectly as suggested by previous users.
My tv Philips 32pfl9604.
No green screen no nothing, perfect watching all the way through.
2 full length movies.

Thanks Apple, better late than never.

I installed IOS beta 4.3b last night and watched all of 'Salt' without any colour problems. So I would conclude using RGB high is a fix for this issue. I have a 56 Inch Philips 21:9 TV.

I note this beta is a bit buggy in other areas, the system rebooted once or twice while I was selecting YouTube videos and home sharing isn't working, when I try to access my iTunes library running on my PC I can see the media and can browse it but when I play an item the unit reboots. Anyway I guess these bugs will be ironed out when its a public release. By the way I hunted my junk box for a Mini USB cable and lo and behold its the same type cable for the recent Nokia phones! But for now the main purpose I bought ATV2 was for movies so not too put out by the home sharing problem once its ironed out, might be something I'm doing wrong as well so I'll reboot all PCs, switches and my router when I'm back home.

Last edited:
Looks like the ATV2 just needs a small firmware update to re-enable the HDMI output selection - and no more of any iOS changes.

Still working fine for me :thumbsup: (This is a mac mini + appletv2 + sony kld-32ex402.)
For the record, I've also seen none of the issues mentioned by quemlar, no reboots, home sharing and youtube work fine, etc. This is a beta version though so YMMV.

Yeay! It is working for my Philips 32" HDTV!! No color inversion problem anymore!!

But now i hardly can awake my Apple TV from sleep;( Someone an idea?

No colour inversions woohoo but still reboots when I try to use home sharing. I'm stumped on this one, I'm an IT professional and have tried the usual remedies for such a problem. Might have to reflash it yet again but will leave it for now, anyone else having home sharing problems with the beta OS?

Have home sharing up and running, have to use ethernet connection at the ATV end wifi won't work, prob a router problem suspected the router was flaky lately anyway, so for now my ATV problems are solved can download to my server now and stream later on, one happy camper here tonight:thumbsup:

Yeay! It is working for my Philips 32" HDTV!! No color inversion problem anymore!!

But now i hardly can awake my Apple TV from sleep;( Someone an idea?

I've sometimes had difficulty getting the Apple TV to wake up (or so I thought). It seems to fail when handshaking with my receiver Onkyo SR608. It responds to IR commands and left alone, the picture and sound will sometimes suddenly appear after 10-20 secs. Other times, I press a few buttons on the Apple TV remote, switch inputs back and forth and repeat until picture appears. Very annoying.

It appears you have to pay $99 for the IOS developer membership.

Does anyone have the IOS beta so I can install it.

I am having the pink screen issue...

Many thanks for any assistance.

Regards,

/g

The public release is going to be next week, at least rumoured to be. Just wait till then and save the trouble...

Sorry, I have no idea - perhaps at the end of this month? MacRumors, AppleInsider have the usual gossip.

ATV2 not showing any update available for download? Sheeeeesh...

I don't think the atv quite shares the exact same update schedule as iOS. I know they are close (last time was a few hours), but one doesn't mean the release of another.

Do I care? There was some chest-thumping re the ATV2 sales and if updates are soooooo slooooow for fixing big brand TV's, then there has to be some explaining. Sheeeeeeesh...(again)

No, no, you're welcome for the information!

According to reports, the update has gone live in the US, so should be up soon in the UK. Please, pile your vitriol on my attempts to assist and help you below. ;o)

Hmmmm, this beta update was working like a dream for me until last night and then it gave the message that this version of ATV is out of date and must be restored to teh latest version via iTunes.

Just connected to my mac (running latest version of iTunes) and it doesn't appear?? Anyone else had this problem or know of a fix?

Cheers,

Devs.

Beta software expires, you will have to update or restore in iTunes to get the official GM release

Thanks hutch, its not being recognised via itunes though so i can't update.

Has anyone else's beta expired and have they been able to update via iTunes on a Mac?

Thanks hutch, its not being recognised via itunes though so i can't update.

Has anyone else's beta expired and have they been able to update via iTunes on a Mac?

Does it still work as normally as an Apple TV? If so, can you go and do and standard update from the settings menu?

Unfortunately not its just a black screen with the message saying that its expired and requires an update via iTunes ;( With itunes being up to date I'm not sure what else to try?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom