Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anytime + not working

Discussion in 'Sky Forum' started by Dave Ward, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Dave Ward

Dave Ward Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Just activated this using bt ISP. My router is a netgear wndr3700 and it will not work. Just says service connection fail. Spent 45mins on the help line and they could not get it to work. Rebooted, reset everything. Normally connected using homeplugs but also tried a direct connection. Still no change. Any ideas please.
  2. stuker

stuker Member

Ratings:
    +19
    i had this problem but i searched on here and saw a this tip that worked. in the EPG go to options and turn broadband connection on.
  3. Dave Ward

Dave Ward Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Done that. It connected to the router because I have an IP address and I can see it from the router. It just will not work.
  4. logiciel

logiciel Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,477
    Do you mean that you were speaking to a Sky agent about it?
    If so what happened - did they say they wouldn't do anything about it?:confused:
  5. Dave Ward

Dave Ward Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Yes. He went through everything on his system and nothing worked. After about 45mins he gave up. His only suggestion was to try a different router. He said it was early days and they were still learning.
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  6. logiciel

logiciel Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,477
    They're pathetic. I'd put it in writing on the complaints form at MySky.
  7. D-an-W

D-an-W Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Does the Router give any information on the connected devices, can you "see" the Sky box is talking to it if you know what I mean...?
  8. Miss Chief

Miss Chief Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,111
    In the network screen, what does the local and service connections say? I'm guessing Local=OK and Service=fail?

If they both say OK then it's something to do with the subscription or the viewing card.
  9. Dave Ward

Dave Ward Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi all,

The router can see the sky box. Gives it an ip address and I can see the connection. Its service fail. However and here's the strange thing, i've just put my old BT homehub 2 back into service and it connects ok. So it's something to do with my router and or modem -dreytek vigor 120
  10. Dave Ward

Dave Ward Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Further to my last update I have just downloaded the latest firmware to my model and it's working. Do not ask me why